Recap: Family Guy S 11 E 13 Chris Cross
Airdate:February 17, 2013
Chris runs away to escape being blackmailed by Meg. Meanwhile, Stewie and Brian become fans of Anne Murray's music and go to the woman herself to discover the meaning behind her hit, "Snowbird."
"Chris Cross" provides examples of (YMMV Goes here!):
- Blackmail: Meg does this to Chris after she catches him stealing money to buy new shoes.
- Bratty Teenage Son: Chris.
- Butt Monkey: Meg, as usual. Even when she’s the blackmailer, she can’t catch a break.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Stewie holds Anne Murray hostage simply because Anne Murray told him that she doesn't write her own songs (which, according to Brian, is Truth in Television for a lot of popular singers).
- Double Meaning Title: Chris crosses over to another household because he is cross with Meg. Also, Chris's middle name is Cross.
- Jerkass Ball: Happens to Meg. Sure she went a little too far with the blackmailing, but with the way she is treated all the time, it was probably a long time coming for her to act like a jerk, though she does realize her mistake and apologizes to Chris.
- Also happens to Stewie when he ties up Anne Murray, holds her hostage, and forces her to sing one of her songs.
- Loony Fan: Stewie for Anne Murray.
- Quit Your Whining: Peter tells Chris to "Shut up and stop complaining" when he tries to convince him and Lois to buy him new shoes.
- The Runaway: Chris becomes this after he is fed up with Meg telling him what to do.
- Straw Fan: Stewie becomes this to Anne Murray.
- Teenagers Are Cruel: The kids who make fun of Chris for his shoes, and Meg when she blackmails Chris.