Back to Recap Page.
On the island, Fyers’ men, who are working for someone greater, plan to destroy a commercial airliner – an event that would in turn destabilize China’s economy. In front of Oliver, Shado, and Slade, Fyers forces Yao Fei to record a statement saying he takes responsibility for the missile. Fyers then shoots Yao Fei.
The Dark Archer murders numerous researchers at Unidac. Detectives Lance and Hilton realize it was the copycat and he has a connection to Merlyn Global. Thea and Roy overhear this and continue searching for the Hood. When Moira doesn’t give Oliver the truth about who took Walter, Diggle, disguised as the Hood, tranqs them and holds them captive. Moira reveals that Malcolm wants to level the Glades with a device that can cause an earthquake.
Felicity discovers the connection between Merlyn and the copycat, so Oliver devises a plan to break into Merlyn Global. After swinging through the elevator shaft, Oliver meets with Tommy, while Felicity, dressed as a Big Belly Burger employee, copies computer files and uploads a Trojan, which the police’s tech department traces back to her. Back in the lobby, Oliver threatens Roy to keep Thea away from the Hood for the safety of both of them. Thea gives Roy an ultimatum: either give up finding the hood or lose her. She walks out on him.
Oliver tells Laurel he hopes he didn’t wait too long to get her back. From the street, Tommy sees Oliver and Laurel together. After his night with Laurel, the Hood fights with Malcolm, who says nothing can stop his plan. Malcolm knocks the Hood down and uncovers his identity. Diggle goes after the device, but it’s missing.
Tropes applying to this Episode:
- Arrow Catch: Malcolm manages to catch the Hood's arrow during their fight.
- Batman Gambit: Ollie has himself and Moira get captured by the Hood (Diggle in disguise) and lets himself be beat up by him so Moira can tell the truth about what Malcolm has planned.
- Continuity Nod: In the island flashback, we find out the man Ollie left behind in "Dodger" was working for Fyers.
- Foreshadowing: Walter comes home from the hospital near the beginning of the episode and Thea gives him a huge hug and says she's "so glad you're home". His reply? "That makes two of us." With Moira standing right there...
- The Infiltration: Team Hood pulls this off to get inside of Merlyn Global's headquarters. Oliver goes into the building in his suit, looking for Tommy Merlyn for a meeting. He passes by a delivery girl with a burger (Felicity), who is led up to the right floor for the right security person (Diggle). Thereby, they all infiltrate the headquarters from different angles at the same time.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again:
Quentin Lance: Ever since Oliver's been back, he's been... different. ... I'll deny ever having said that.
- The Man Behind the Man: We get our first glimpse of Fyers' employer, a woman we only see from the back.
- Mythology Gag:
- Brion Markov is the creator of the Markov Device, which can create earthquakes. In the comics, Brion Markov is the hero Geo-Force, one of the Markov siblings who are known for Dishing Out Dirt.
- Ferris Air is referenced in this episode. Ferris Air is best known for being the company associated with Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris in Green Lantern.
- Tommy asks Oliver "why so serious?" when he visits him in his office.
- No, Except Yes:
Oliver: Are you hacking into the Merlyn Global mainframe?
Felicity: "Hacking" is such an ugly word. I'm... yeah, I'm totally hacking into the Merlyn Global mainframe.
- Oh, Crap: Malcolm has one when he unmasks Ollie.
- Revealing Cover Up: The Dark Archer kills everyone involved in the development of the Markov device and torches all their computers. This would have been successful if not for the fact that the hood knew who his co-conspirator was. Also, there were phone calls made between Unidac and Merlyn Global. And... screw it, it just wasn't a great idea.
- Wham Episode: Felicity has been found out hacking by the police, Tommy spots Oliver making love to Laurel, Malcom Merlyn exposes he's the Dark Archer and finds out Oliver is the Hood before he defeats him, Walter is divorcing Moira, and Yao Fei is killed in the flashback.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Why Malcolm kills Dr. Markov and his team.
- Fyers kills Yao Fei as soon as he's fulfilled his purpose as a scapegoat.