Playing With: White Magician Girl
: A healing specialist
who is female and kind-hearted.
- Straight: Melody is a kind-hearted priestess and healer who fights with a staff or bow and is contrasted with Tom.
- Exaggerated: Melody is a complete pacifist who has no attacks at all, only healing spells.
- Downplayed: Melody is a primarly a healer but carries a sword for self-defense and is more likely to berate Tom for his injuries because she carries about him so much.
- Personality Powers are a rule of the universe.
- Melody is too weak or unskilled to wield anything heavy and too frail to fight but still wants to help others. She does this by studying healing magic and encouraging her team.
- Gender Inverted: Melody, an Action Girl, is accompanied by Christopher, a Non-Action Guy with Healing Hands who she allows to come because he can heal and she can't.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: The White Magician Girl is an obnoxious and petty person who constantly bludgeon people with her staff and then heal them just because they annoy her and she's easily annoyed. People fawn over her anyway, because she's an avatar of a goddess of healing. Who is also a jerk to other gods.
- Zig Zagged: When Melody first appear, she's a to-the-trope White Magician Girl. And then after a story event, she become a Black Magician Girl who spams Meteor Shower. But wait! Her healing spells are still the best amongst the party members, and using it is more practical to win battles than Meteor Shower. Then after another story event, her magic goes away and she is forced to fight physically just like anyone else... but then, she is still one of the better healers (this time without magic), and a kind person.
- Enforced: "Without someone who is dedicated to heal him, The Hero of this story won't stand a chance against those heavy-hitting monsters. While we're at it let's make her his gentle and compassionate Love Interest for the Periphery Demographic. "
- Lampshaded: "No, please, have mercy on m...wait, you're a female, and you're wearing a medic's robe? False alarm, guys, she's just a healer. She's not gonna kill us!"
- Invoked: Melody is the Team Mom and so she decides become a white magician girl to heal her friends wounds and otherwise take care of them.
- Exploited: When recruiting an adventurer team Bob appeals to Melody's compassionate nature and their need for a skilled healer.
- Defied: Heal Thyself.
- Discussed: The Hero, hoping to learn more about his crush, asks Melody about her choice of weapon. She explains that the Magic Staff is useful for healing and, if she needs to defend herself, it follows her dogma of doing no harm. "I'd rather heal than hurt."
- Conversed: "Ever notice how in these RPGs, there's usually that meek and gentle healer girl who ends up with The Hero?"
- 1) Only honestly gentle and caring people are eligble for the position and only Plucky Girls graduate from the training. Stepford Smilers are viewed as risky because their mask might break at a bad time.
- 2) Melody realizes that her role is one of the (if not the) most important on the battlefield, and she changes society by using this fact to her advantage. Soon, the gentle and supportive healer is the de-facto leader. Alternatively, Melody invokes Doctor's Orders.
- 3) All White Magician Girls are paired with a warrior she is romantically compatible with in the hopes that they will become a Battle Couple.
Hurry back to the White Magician Girl
main page and heal The Team