- Straight: Alice is flawlessly gorgeous, which unfortunately means she's the victim of jealousy from other women and sexual harassment from men, and she worries that when she receives positive attention, it's only because of her looks.
- Alice has never been able to make friends with anyone, because they're all reduced to babbling and drooling at the sight of her.
- People (who normally wouldn't rape others) consistently try to have their way with Alice because they just have to have her right then and there, whether she's okay with it or not.
- Downplayed: Alice is very pretty and feels annoyed by the way men sometimes stare at her, which she thinks wouldn't happen if she were more average-looking.
- Justified: Alice was Blessed with Suck by a Wicked Witch who enchanted her to be the most beautiful person in all of human history just to attract unwanted attention to her.
- Alice is hideous, which makes her an outcast.
- Alice gets a lot of positive attention for being beautiful and enjoys it.
- Alice's life is made massively better by being made hideous. She is able to infiltrate many areas with ease because everyone tries to ignore her. Plus they don't remember her face beyond "ugly". She becomes a commended heroic agent for her non-violence. When her foes catch on to her and bar all hideous women she gets to retire in comfort from the grateful leaders. Her fiance blind Bob is a bishonen and the nicest person she has ever met.
- Subverted: Alice wears tons of makeup, has huge scars from where the surgeon has been. Oh and did we mention her corset with the padded bra?
- Double Subverted: Alice stops wearing makeup and people think her scars make her even more beautiful.
- Parodied: Alice thinks the reason people avoid her and can't stand to look at her must be that she's mind-bogglingly beautiful. The real reason they avoid her is she's actually hideous and smells bad too.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: There is no commentary on Alice's looks or it simply doesn't really affect her life that much.
- Enforced: The story is based off of a real life model, Alice who hated her beauty.
- Lampshaded: "Wow, you wouldn't think being pretty could cause so many problems!"
- Invoked: Bob seeks to use Alice's vanity to have her Hoist By Her Own Petard.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice tries to downplay her good looks with an unfashionable haircut, unflattering glasses, and frumpy clothes, and going all Hollywood Homely to avoid unwanted attention.
Bob:You having problems? Please. There aren't many downsides to looking the way you do.
Alice: Then live a couple of weeks in my shoes by all means. You'll learn what it's like when everyone's got their eyes on you.
- Conversed: "And here comes the message that being pretty isn't all that cracked up to be."
- Deconstructed: Over the course of the story, it's made abundantly clear that Alice's misery is not caused by her beauty; rather, it's caused by the blatant disrespect of the men (who feel entitled to her because they find her attractive), and the cruelty of the women (who out of envy) surrounding her.
Back to So Beautiful, It's a Curse... And stop staring!