Playing With: High Heel-Face Turn
Basic Trope: Female Mooks are more likely to betray the Big Bad.
Back to High Heel-Face Turn.
- Straight: Alice, the female mook of Big Bad Bob, betrays him for Charlie, The Hero.
- Exaggerated: Every female mook betrays the Big Bad for The Hero.
- Downplayed: Alice remains loyal to Bob and helps to capture Charlie — but she pleads with Bob to spare Charlie's life, because "We can't kill him, we still need him!"
- Justified: The villains are very misogynistic, and the female mooks want to be on a side where they're treated better.
- Subverted: Alice, The Vamp, pretends to betray the Big Bad Bob, so she can seduce The Hero, Charlie.
- Double Subverted...but she winds up falling for him for real, and when it comes time to betray Charlie, she can't.
- Zig Zagged:
- Averted: All evil characters stay evil, and all good characters stay good, or male and female characters turn evil and good at equal rates.
- Enforced: "We planned for the villains to die, but we don't want The Hero Charlie to have to kill a woman."
- Lampshaded: "Figures Alice is helping us. Women Are Wiser, after all."
- Invoked: The Hero,
BobKirk, seduces the female mook Alice to get her to betray Big Bad Charlie.
- Exploited: When looking for a mook to subvert to his side, Charlie is Genre Savvy enough to immediately home in on Alice.
- Alice decides she isn't in to goodie-two-shoes types.
- Charlie quotes "If I'm to be an evil overlord, all my mooks will be all male."
- Discussed: "You know, if this were fiction, Alice would be helping us now."
- Conversed: Why do the women on these shows always seem to turn good?
- Alice secretly betrays Charlie by rescuing Bob from death, but she makes to clear that she's True Neutral and if she ever sees Bob, she'll kill him. Then she leaves and is never seen again.
- The second Arc comes, showing that she used Bob to kill Charlie, so she gains his fallen empire, becoming the new Big Bad.
- Big Bad denies all women applying for his organization because of this trope, so he ends up with a reputation of a sexist, his mooks make jokes thinking he's a homosexual, and complain about lack of women around. The Big Bad himself dies as a virgin.
- The new Arc comes along, the villainess Darlene has Bob right where she wants him, but Alice makes a Big Damn Heroes moment, claiming that she'll hang around him for a while for entertainment. She becomes the one to kill off Darlene.
- Alice is the bad guy in name only, as she proceeds to use Charlie's old resources to do good deeds.
- Charlie is alright with being thought of as a misogynist, is actually gay (so those minions laughing at him merely puzzle him) and allows minions to freely interact with civilian women (or, alternatively only recruits male minions that are similarly aware of this trope).
- Played For Laughs: All the male mooks hate their job, but none want to change sides because they think they'll look feminine.
Back to High Heel-Face Turn.