Manhua: The One
Cane Lele was born into the fashion industry. Her mother, Ye Fei Yi, was Taiwan's top model, and her father was also a model, until a tragic airplane crash left Lele without parents. Therefore, it is no surprise that Lele hates the industry, thinking it superficial and unnecessary.Raised by her maternal grandmother, Lele reaches seventeen before she is sucked in by her mother's sister, Ye Fei Hong, a fashion model agent (and former model), convinces the reluctant Lele to model. Lele had been adverse to the whole idea, until she sees a photo shoot of popular American model Angus Lanson, and she begins to see modeling as an art form.When Aunt Fei Hong's magazine editor invites Angus Lanson to a meeting of all the top fashion ambassadors, Lele is invited to meet him and is very curious. She does not know that Angus' twin elder brother, Eros Lanson, is secretly accompanying his brother. This obviously leads to confusion and is the start of a charming story of Lele's goals: fashion in NYC, becoming a top model, and love?Not to be confused with The One starring Jet Li.
The One provides examples of:
- Belligerent Sexual Tension
- Bishōnen: The twins.
- Blackmail: What Aunt Fei ends up doing to make Lele continue modeling after Lele's grandmother died
- Boyfriend Bluff: Invoked to get rid of Angus' fangirls.
- CampGay: Leo
- CampStraight: Editor Lou apparently went from Camp Gay to Camp Straight.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor
- Cerebus Syndrome:
- Clingy Jealous Guy: Angus for Eros.
- Costume Porn: Justified since Lele is a model.
- Drunken Master: Stephen, so much so his assistant feeds him alcohol to improve his memory.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Lou for Fei Hong.
- Dysfunctional Family
- First Kiss: Doubling up as a "Shut Up" Kiss.
- Godiva Hair: A picture of Lele's mom has this, including the horse.
- Heavy Sleeper: Lele, complete with Snot Bubble.
- Love Triangle:
- No Bisexuals: Lou turned straight for Fei and Lele's dad turned straight for her mom.
- Nose Bleed: Eros is that hot.
- Will They or Won't They?