Triage X is an ongoing Manga series by Shouji Sato, of Highschool of the Dead
fame. Drawn in his typical style
, it depicts the actions of a hospital-themed vigilante team stationed at the Mochizuki General Hospital. Feautures motorcycles
, gunplay, Stuff Blowing Up
, and fanservice.
Though it has the Mochizuki team as protagonists, it mainly centers on Arashi Mikami, a teenaged vigilante assassin who received an organ transplant after Dr. Mochizuki's son Ryuu was declared brain dead when a terrorist attack took place at the International Medical Center in Tobioka City. Even though he lost the things important to him, Arashi is prepared to make the best of it by combating crime in the city.
The series consist of a manga and an upcoming anime adaptation coming in April 2015.
- Ambiguously Bi: Miki and Yuko. While the two of them are drunk out in the mountains, and on the phone with Mikoto, Miki starts groping Yuko, who only asks her to stop because in her own words "that's what I'm supposed to say right?", explaining that she and the men of Tobioka need to know if they're real. They then start insisting men are stupid, before switching their opinion and start screaming over the phone about how they need to go find a man.
- Badass Crew: Everyone in the main cast.
- Badass Biker: Arashi & Mikoto.
- BFG: Anything that Sayo uses be it a handheld Minigun or light machine guns, granted that she is The Big Girl of the team & also absolutely terrifying in close combat.
- Child Prodigy: Oriha started college at 11.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Oriha is seen to be living in an abandoned mansion, loaded with explosive traps, the only "family" there for her is a large portrait of her mother.
- Crossover: With Highschool of the Dead in Lightning Pop.
- Dysfunction Junction: All of the characters are confirmed to have had a major brush with death. Arashi nearly died, and would have had he not been given most of his best friend's body. Mikoto nearly died in a motorcycle accident, the same one that killed her brother. Oriha is implied to have lost her mother, though how is unknown. It's not yet stated what the others' had happen.
- Everything's Better With Motorcycles: The preferred method of entrance making for Arashi and Mikoto.
- Expy: Chikage Hizaki, especially in her full color experiences, looks almost exactly like Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead, Sato's previous series. If it weren't for the random tuft of hair on the side of her head that resembles a pointed up horn the characters would be almost identical.
- Fanservice: Tons of it.
- Fiery Coverup: How our heroes obscure the evidence of their actions.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: One of the target's ends up this way after being shot and falling on the blades of a downed chopper.
- Kill It with Fire: The primary assassination method of rival vigilante Pyrina.
- Never Found the Body: Chikage, despite her apparent suicide. Her equipment was recovered, but no body was identified as hers.
- Oh, Crap: Do not bother to shoot Arashi's motorbike helmet as it is totally bulletproof.
- Shout-Out: You can spot Dirty Harry in there, saying his "Do ya feel lucky, punk?" line.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Tsundere: Mikoto to Arashi.
- Vigilante Team: What the main characters are.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: Tobioka City's location in Japan is unknown.
- Would Not Shoot A Non-Target: In Episode 12, Mikoto refrained from shooting Pyrina a.k.a. Chikage Hizaki, a rival vigilante who apparently would NOT have been so chivalrous if the initiative was reversed, because Pyrina has not yet been properly identified as a target.