Manga: Miracle Girls
Miracle Girls is a Magical Girl manga and anime about Tomomi and Mikage, a pair of twins with psychic powers. A video game adaptation was released for the Super Famicom in 1993.
This series provides examples of:
- And You Were There: Episode 41 does this with ancient Egypt. It is suggested that the characters in the present are reincarnations of the characters in the past. Although the Egyptians are drawn like the modern-day characters, Mikage and Tomomi don't recognize a physical resemblance, which would make sense since Egyptians and Japanese probably wouldn't look alike.
- Bubbly Clouds: Stage 2 (Clouds Island) of the video game.
- Dub Name Change: The Tokyopop manga version called them Toni and Mika.
- Pocket Protector: Mikage gets saved from a knife hurled by Takamura using psychic powers because it hits the pocket watch she got from Kurashige.
- Tastes Like Friendship: In the video game, throwing candy is the girls' main defense against enemies.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomomi and Mikage respectively.
- Twin Telepathy: Part of Tomomi and Mikage's package of powers, although there have been instances where they were able to communicate with other psychics.