Anime: Mega Man Upon A Star
Mega Man: Upon A Star is the collective name given to three Mega Man (Classic) OVAs. They were dubbed by The Ocean Group, who would later work with the Mega Man cartoon; the OVA had influence on the production of the show.As for the OVAs themselves, they were created to teach kids about Japan.The first OVA is called Appearance in Japan. One day while playing Mega Man 5, Yuuta is forced to pause the game and go to bed. Dr. Wily takes advantage of this opportunity to escape the TV and wreak havoc on the world, or at least Tokyo. Mega Man travels with Rush, Yuuta and his sister Akane to stop Wily, and in the process, learn about Japanese culture.The second OVA, Wishing Upon A Star, has Wily escape the game world yet again. This time Mega Man is joined by Proto Man, Dr. Light, and Beat, as they learn about Japanese holidays and stop Wily from using a meteor shower to destroy Japan.The third OVA, Future Beware, has Wily creating a Bad Future due to robots that can cause natural disasters. Again, Mega Man must stop his plans, traveling through time to see when the disasters happened and how to stop them.
These OVAs provide examples of:
- Bad Future: Wily creates one in the third special.
- Cheerful Child: Roll, as voiced by Andrea Libman.
- Demoted to Extra: The Robot Masters, who are generally only seen when Yuuta is playing the game.
- Edutainment: They were made to teach kids about Japan.
- Floating Continent: Dr. Wily has one in the third episode.
- Humongous Mecha: Several have appeared. Samurai Man, the giant Oni Robot, and the Typhoon Robot to name a few.
- McNinja: Dr. Wily, as seen here.
- Original Character: All of Wily's major robots.
- Refugee from TV Land: The game characters.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Roll appears wearing battle armor in the third OVA, but Megaman and Protoman attempt to convince her otherwise. It's then lost as she enters the real world and is never brought up again.
- Subbing for Santa: Wily is made to do this in the third OVA.
- Talking Animal: Rush and Beat, though only in the first OVA.
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Neither of Yuuta and Akane's parents seem to react very strongly to the fact that Mega Man and Rush very suddenly appeared in their children's room.