Kingdom of Zombie takes place in a medieval world in which the Zombie Plague has ravaged the land for twenty years. However, life goes on as most people live safely within walled-off cities and travel either in small groups that do not attract attention or via armored carts. Enter Van, a young boy who has to do menial chores for his adoptive father George. Angry with George, Van runs off to the outskirts of his home town, only to find the guards murdered and the gates being lifted, zombies already shambling their way in. It's then that an incredible power awakens within Van, and he manages to wipe out the small hoard single-handedly.A new manga written and drawn by artist Nokeok. Kingdom of Zombie takes classic shounen tropes and encoroperates them with both a unique take on the Zombie Apocalypse and horror manga in general.
Kingdom of Zombie Includes examples of:
- Corrupt Church: The Church is more than willing to sabotage cities defenses and sacrifice innocent lives in order to stamp out any resistance.
- Disguised in Drag: The Dual Wielding swordsman is a woman.
- Flesh-Eating Zombie
- Give Him a Normal Life: George's motivation for hiding Van's powers from him.
- Kid Hero: Van is rather young.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Van is completely unaware of his powers.
- One-Man Army: Van becomes this when he awakens to his abilities as a Slaughter Doll.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Played with. Van's "evil" side only ever wants to kill zombies and those who get in his way of doing so.
- Super Soldier: Van is an anti-zombie weapon known as a Slaughter Doll.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Downplayed. Zombies are a real problem, but society still goes on stably within walled medieval cities.