"There's a white man talking up here! Silencio! Oongawah!"Similar to Black Like Me except usually played strictly for laughs as a black character pretends to be white. Generally, a very hip black male pretends to be a very straight, lame white male. Not related to the book, which is a personal story about white privilege.
— Chuck Taylor, Chappelle's Show, yelling into a booing multi-ethnic crowd during the racial draft.
- During the Armor Wars storyline, Jim Rhodes, a black man, impersonated Electro in order to infiltrate The Vault in order to help Iron Man neutralize the Guardsman armors that used his technology. Max Dillon is white, so Rhodey had to wear makeup over the exposed part of his face, and then quietly pray to himself that a brother didn't catch him removing the costume and makeup.
- Chris Rock gets reincarnated into the body of a rich, white man in Down to Earth. The "straight, lame" part is averted though. He still most definitely behaves like Chris Rock... which gets him into awkward situations.
- Lenny Henry in True Identity.
- Shawn and Marlon Wayans combine this with Disguised in Drag in White Chicks.
- Eddie Murphy, thanks to the magic of really good makeup, played a Captain Ersatz of Richard Simmons in The Nutty Professor. You couldn't tell it was him unless you were explicitly told as such.
- Eddie Murphy played the black barbershop's resident Alter Kocker in Coming to America.
- Whoopi Goldberg disguises herself as an elderly white businessman in The Associate.
- The lead character in The Hebrew Hammer, at one point in the film, impersonates a Gentile. Although as an American Jew he should be in no way racially different, the whole scene is Played for Laughs very much in this way, as if being a Jew made one completely clueless of anything Gentile, and with the disguise being that of an outrageously stereotypical fundie redneck.
- O.J.: Made in America: The documentary shows O.J. Simpson getting made up in "whiteface", as an elderly Jewish man Eddie Murphy-style, for his surreal 2006 "comedy" special Juiced.
- Any time Dave Chappelle plays/impersonates/imitates a white person, it's always in the same calm monotone that says "I have nothing exciting about me because I'm extra vanilla." Chuck Taylor, the white news anchor that Chappelle plays throughout the run of his show gets whiter every time he appears there. In one of the Lost Episodes, pictured above, he's literally white.
- Eddie Murphy did this for the first time in an old Saturday Night Live short where, with the help of a good make-up artist, he discovered that white people regularly give stuff to each other for free. All the time. It ends with him with several of friends undergoing the make-up process "to continue this strange education."
- French rapper Kamini (who is black) has made a song and a video clip called "J'suis blanc" ("I am white") where he turns white.
- Some say this is what Michael Jackson did around 1990 or so, which is why the cover of Dangerous didn't show much of his face. Worth noting that his chronic Vitiligo was the real reason he got whiter and whiter as the years went on. The plastic surgery however...
- The song "If I was White" by rapper Sticky Fingaz. Bonus points for featuring Eminem on the hook.
- Eminem's imitation of Jackson in the music video of Just Lose It from The Eminem Show.
- A Tank McNamara arc involved the "token white" on a major basketball team: terrible at the game, but they kept him because he might give hope to white children that someday they might be able to play pro basketball. Then his teammates decided he'd gone too long without a shower ... and his whiteness washed off.... When Tank interviewed him, and asked if the deception had been tough, he exclaimed, "God, man, you pretend to like The Beach Boys for six years..."
- In The Nostalgia Critic, Malcolm once has to disguise as a white man in order to escape from a Genre Savvy Nostalgia Critic turned insane because of the miniseries based on Stephen King's The Shining. Thankfully, Malcolm manages to avoid being another victim of the Black Dude Dies First trope, by putting on a rather impressive disguise with blonde wig, white shirt... he even reads a purely white book and listens to Wreckingball! Now that's dedication.
- Singer and talk show host Lexi Allen does this in numerous videos, such as White Church vs. Black Church.
- Youtuber iSekC does this in his Justin Bieber eats his own poop video that has over 30 million views and has been a great conversation starter at elementary school lunches all across the globe since 2010.