open/close all folders
- G.I. Joe:
- One issue of G.I. Joe Special Missions had Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Cover Girl and Jinx undercover as dancers on a parade float.
- Cover Girl's background is this in reverse: She was actually a fashion model before joining the Joes.
- In Domino Lady's Threesome, Domino Lady goes undercover as a performer in a burlesque show to learn why some dancers have mysteriously vanished.
Films — Live-Action
- Subverted in the Discworld novels: The needs-an-official-document-to-prove-he's-human "Nobby" Nobbs and the gorgeous blonde Sgt. Angua von Uberwald perform an undercover "sting" operation requiring one of them to dress up as a "seamstress" (Discworld euphemism for "prostitute"). Guess which one.
- Ciaphas Cain: Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Amberley Vail is first introduced as a Glamorous Wartime Singer. Helps that she sings very well and can act the part.
- Happens to Myka on Warehouse 13. Sparks a discussion of Hollywood Pudgy (the writers think it's ridiculous).
- Diana pulls this off in White Collar.
- Kate Beckett does this impromptu-ly around Russian mobsters in Castle. More specifically: she ditches all clothing bar her (bright red) bra & panties and wers her jacket as a dress (with Absolute Cleavage to boot).
- A rare male case occurs in Psych when Shawn and Gus claim to be male models. Both played straight with Gus and subverted when nobody believes Shawn is a model, forcing him to claim to be a hand (and foot!) model.
- Diana Prince, in the Wonder Woman TV series, went undercover as a beauty pageant contestant. (Steve didn't think she was pretty enough to pull it off. Because Steve is an idiot.)
- This happened on an episode of New York Undercover—in this case they were male models. (In another episode they were drag queens.)
- Every other episode of Charlie's Angels.
- On the Married... with Children episode where Bud makes an exercise video, 3 lady cops (coincidentally named after Charlie's Angels) play background dancers in order to take down the mob boss who financed the video. They also arrest Bud for perving on them.
- One episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent has this in the form of Detective Stevens pretending to want to work for an escort service.
- Amber Tamblyn's character in The Unusuals had been working Vice undercover as a prostitute before being reassigned.
- Comes up on Chuck in one early season 4 episode: The mission takes Chuck and Sarah to Milan for Fashion Week (Casey has to stay behind after stabbing someone with a stiletto last time he was in Milan) to retrieve weapons technology from a Volkoff agent who uses her cover as a fashion model to move it through customs. Initially it looks like this will be averted in Sarah's case, until the pair is forced to go back to Milan and she masquerades as a model to make off with the dress in which the technology is concealed. Of course, a Catwalk Catfight ensues.
- In the 70's cop show Police Woman, Angie Dickinson's character goes undercover as a casino hostess to infiltrate an illegal gambling ring. Her job is to dress elegantly, be pleasant, and entice "whales" to stay and gamble. She blows her cover when a mob boss demands sexual services.
- Inadvertently happens to Ki in General Protection Fault during the Nerdvana arc. Ki doesn't try to pass herself off as a supermodel, but is mistaken for one anyway (partially due to the supermodel's thinking all nerds are men).