Hit You So Hard Your X Will Feel It
"Tank grabbed Matua by his T-shirt and hit him with a right hand so hard that train accidents thought their father had finally come back home. It was such a terrible injustice against faces that Bono's orbital bone wrote a song about it."
for threatening to hit someone so hard,the damage will spread to his friend, his mom, his hair or even an abstract concept. A frequent variant is "I will hurt you so bad that X"
Often used in tandem with If You Ever Hurt Her
, Badass Boast
, To the Pain
or Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon
. Sometimes used as a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner
. Can be literal if there's a Psychic Link
involved (doubly so for Twin Telepathy
If the harm is financial rather than physical—say, Alice is threatening to sue Bob—it may be a more realistic threat like "I'll sue you so hard your grandkids will be in debt."
Not to be confused with Hit So Hard The Calendar Felt It
- An American Football videogame (probably Blitz) featured an intercut between a little old lady shopping grocery store and 2 players on the field. When one player tackles the other, the old lady is sent flying into a display with the tagline "The game with hits so hard, your mamma's mamma will feel it."
- Mulan was told that punching and butt-slapping is a form of friendly gesture. Mulan did this to Yao in the wrong way and naturally, it caused a stir in Yao's rather short temper.
Yao: "I'm gonna hit you so hard; it'll make your ancestors dizzy!"
- The inexorable Street Fighter movie, featuring Jean-Claude Van Damme hamming it up as Guile.
Guile: Well, I'm not going to go home. I'm gonna get on my boat, I'm gonna go up river and I'm gonna kick that sonovabitch Bison's ass so HARD! That the next Bison wannabe, is gonna feel it!
- Tank Girl. While fighting Kesslee, Tank Girl says (in a voice like Muhammad Ali):
I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised.
- In Multiplicity, Doug issues the following threat to Doug #2 in front of Doug #3:
I'll hit you so hard I'll kill him!
- The Faculty: Mild-mannered teacher Ms. Burke, after she's been infected with the alien parasite, drops this bomb on Zeke:
I'm sick of you, little boy! And if I have to see you peddling your little Wonder Dust again, I'm gonna shove my foot so far up your ass, you'll be sucking my toes 'till graduation!
- The Goonies: After getting tied to a chair, Brand threatens Mikey and the other kids this way:
I am going to hit all of you so hard that when you wake up, your clothes will be out of style!
- Kelly from Misfits is repeatedly accused of being a Chav and she eventually responds to this by screaming at another girl:
"If you call me that one more time. I'll kick you so hard in the c*nt your mum will feel it!"
- In the first episode of Leverage, the nascent team gets played by the villain, and Elliot threatens "I'm gonna hurt him so bad even people who look like him are gonna bleed."
- A variant from Law & Order, after McCoy has charged his old friend with a crime: "Once I get this dismissed I'll hit you with so many lawsuits your grandkids will be answering motions."
- On Everybody Hates Chris, Rochelle once threatened Chris that she'll "smack him so hard, your race will change". She smacks him and he's suddenly Chinese.
- In "Everybody Hates Funerals", when Chris stands up for his mother in front of the obnoxious relatives, his grandmother threatens to "knock him into another family". Gilligan Cut to him on the couch of a white family.
White Mother: Who are you?
- A variant from A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift Of All: Steve sees a tiny Willie Nelson. Asked how he got there, Willie says:
Willie: Stephen, I'm so high, you're hallucinating.
- Arena master from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
"You hit that Orc so hard, even her mother in Orsinium started bleeding!"
- Kid from Chrono Cross
"I'll kick yer sorry arse so hard you'll kiss the moons!"
- World of Warcraft: The tooltip for Archimonde's "Finger of Death" spell:
"Strikes an enemy with the finger of death, inflicting 20000 shadow damage upon them, their children, and their children's children."
- Ronfar from Lunar: Eternal Blue:
Kid, I'm gonna spank you so hard that your grandkids are gonna feel it!
- The Penguins of Madagascar, "Sting Operation":
Hornet: I sting you so hard your great-grandchildren say ouch!
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron
Cindy: I'll hit you so hard in the mouth it will wake up your dentist!
- Over the Hedge:
Stella: I'm gonna gas you so hard, your grandchildren will stink!
- In the Futurama episode "Xmas Story", Fry tries to avert Robot Santa's wrath by offering to put out milk and cookies. Robot's Santa's response?
Robot Santa: You dare bribe Santa? I'm going to shove coal so far up your stocking you'll be coughing up diamonds!
- The banned Popeye cartoon "Seein' Red White 'N Blue" has both Popeye and Bluto laying a smackdown on Japanese saboteurs. Popeye's pre-punch one-liner "The Emperor will feel this!" rings true. The punch travels all the way to Japan, where it knocks Hirohito over the backside of the horse he's riding:
Hirohito: It should happen to Hitler!
- The inevitable Simpsons example, complete with Lampshade Hanging:
Bart: I'll hit you so hard your whole family will feel it!
Lisa: Bart, you're in my family.
Bart: Shut up!
- In the final episode of the 1990s Fantastic Four cartoon, the Thing says of Doctor Doom "This time, I'll hit ya so hard, your grandkids'll be born bouncin'!"
- An episode in The Angry Beavers, Dagget annoys Norbert so much that he threatens to knock him into last week. This threat comes true and this repeats and becomes a "Groundhog Day" Loop. At the end, Dagget gets knocked back into the Stone Age.