Everyone knows how tough Dracula
is. He's the biggest, meanest, and more importantly, most famous vampire
in modern culture. So how do you show just how awesome your character is? Make them fight Dracula.
This trope occurs whenever a previously established character or characters are pitted against Dracula. If the characters who fight Dracula have never appeared before, that is not this trope. So if Dracula were to be pitted against Captain Planet, that would be this, but if a new Dracula movie with an original cast of characters were to come out, that would not count.
In some settings, this makes some sense, but in others, not so much. Note that this trope just involves the character fighting Dracula. They don't actually have to beat him (although in many cases, they find a way to do so).
Related to The Worf Effect
open/close all folders
- There was also a Batman vs. Dracula comic book series.
- Batgirl: In one issue, Batgirl and Supergirl fought twenty four Draculas. They escaped from movies.
- In Marvel Comics Dracula has at some point fought nearly everyone or at least every variety of character. Doctor Strange, Blade, The Frankenstein Monster, and other horror characters and hunters being the obvious. X-Mennote , Doctor Doom, Captain Britain and MI13, Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, Monica Rambeau of The Avengers, and many others have fought Dracula at least once. Thor has fought Dracula when the latter was amped by the blood of a god. In his original horror book The Tomb of Dracula he even battled the cosmic Silver Surfer.
- In the Army of Darkness comics, Ash fights Dracula in the storyline appropriately named "Ash vs. Dracula".
- Superman once fought a Dracula expy that he defeated by letting the pseudo-Drac bite him (he's solar powered; apparently, his blood stores sunlight).
- Planetary's Elijah Snow. One of the most humiliating for Dracula, Stone simply froze him solid and then smashed him to pieces with a groin kick.
- Dracula vs. Zorro. Linkara highly recommends it.
- Dracula is sent back in time by Satan to destroy King Arthur in King Arthur vs Dracula.
- Billy The Kid vs. Dracula: Yes, this is a real movie. Oddly enough, the vampire has a different name in the movie, making the title a little misleading.
- Dracula is the Big Bad of Blade: Trinity. Fitting, since he was one of comic incarnation Blade's main adversaries.
Live Action TV
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In season five, Buffy fights Dracula. Neither of them really wins: Buffy is unable to kill him, but she does manage to shoo him out of Sunnydale.
- In Frankenstein: The Monster Returns, Dracula is the boss of the penultimate stage.
- In King's Quest II, King Graham fights Dracula as his third trial. In the Fan Remake, Dracula is replaced by Caldaur and King Graham befriends him.