Dracula is. He's the biggest, meanest, and more importantly, most famous vampire in modern culture. So how do you show just how awesome your character is? Make them fight Dracula. This trope occurs whenever a previously established character or characters are pitted against Dracula. If the characters who fight Dracula have never appeared before, that is not this trope. So if Dracula were to be pitted against Captain Planet, that would be this, but if a new Dracula movie with an original cast of characters were to come out, that would not count. In some settings, this makes some sense, but in others, not so much. Note that this trope just involves the character fighting Dracula. They don't actually have to beat him (although in many cases, they find a way to do so). Related to The Worf Effect.
open/close all folders
- There was a Batman vs. Dracula comic book series.
- Batgirl: In one issue, Batgirl and Supergirl fought twenty four Draculas. They escaped from movies.
- In Marvel Comics Dracula has at some point fought nearly everyone, as well as holding down his own popular title, The Tomb of Dracula for years. He's fought (deep breath) Doctor Strange, Blade, The Frankenstein Monster, Jack Russell from Werewolf by Night, other miscellaneous monster-hunter characters, the X-Mennote , Doctor Doom, Captain Britain and MI-13note , Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, Monica Rambeau of The Avengers, and Thor. Thor has even fought Dracula when the latter was amped by the blood of a god, and Dracula's also come close to curb-stomping Silver Surfer! (Who was admittedly having a rough day.) The only person that really gave Drac trouble was Apocalypse.
- In the Army of Darkness comics, Ash fights Dracula in the storyline appropriately named "Ash vs. Dracula".
- Superman once fought a Dracula expy that he defeated by letting the pseudo-Drac bite him (he's solar powered; apparently, his blood stores sunlight).
- Planetary's Elijah Snow. One of the most humiliating for Dracula, Stone simply froze him solid and then smashed him to pieces with a groin kick.
- Dracula vs. Zorro. Linkara highly recommends it.
- Dracula is sent back in time by Satan to destroy King Arthur in King Arthur vs Dracula.
- Billy The Kid vs. Dracula: Yes, this is a real movie. Oddly enough, the vampire has a different name in the movie, making the title a little misleading.
- Dracula is the Big Bad of Blade: Trinity. Fitting, since he was one of comic incarnation Blade's main adversaries.
Live Action TV
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In season five, Buffy fights Dracula. Neither of them really wins: Buffy is unable to kill him, but she does manage to shoo him out of Sunnydale.
- The Batman vs. Dracula: Batman fights Dracula.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Reluctant Werewolf: Dracula is the villain of the movie.
- The Centurions encounter Dracula in the episode "Night on Terror Mountain". The Count uses Mind Control instead of his vampire powers to turn hero Max Ray and villain Doc Terror into his mental slaves, but is defeated when the other Centurions use the old "exposure to sunlight" ploy.