A Sdrawkcab Name
commonly used by vampires that is definitely a Name To Run Away From Really Fast
. It is also something of a Shout-Out
to arguably the most famous vampire of all time
When Alucard is Dracula
, this is a subtrope
of Sdrawkcab Alias
. Otherwise, this is a subtrope of Sdrawkcab Name
. Commonly, the Alucard turns out to be Dracula's son, though it's just as likely that Alucard and Dracula are not relatives.
Compare contrast Louis Cypher
where other dark creatures
use similarly witty aliases
and Hugh Mann
where the creature posing as human also has a Paper-Thin Disguise
. Related to Most Definitely Not a Villain
open/close all folders
Anime And Manga
- Hellsing's protagonist. He's the original Dracula. Him taking the name of Alucard is said to be a name given to him by a former Hellsing leader, specifically Arthur Hellsing, Integra's father.
- The hero of Master Mosquiton is Alucard Von Mosquiton.
- There is an Alucard present in Rosario + Vampire, though he is a massive, tentacled monstrosity that used to be a vampire before his immense power and hatred turned him into what he is now.
- The bizarre Dell Comics superhero version of Dracula used "Aloyisius Ulysses Card" as his secret identity.
- The original use of "Alucard" as a vampire's alias was in the 1943 film Son of Dracula, starring Lon Chaney, Jr.
- In the Hammer Horror film Dracula A.D. 1972 (1972), Dracula's minion is called Johnny Alucard. Dr. Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) notices the anagram only by writing it and drawing lines.
- In The Monster Squad, a kid sees Alucard's name on a post-it note on his parents' refrigerator and plays with the letters until he gets Dracula.
- In Santo en El Tesoro de Drácula, the count's reputation precedes him even in 19th century Mexico, so he introduces himself as "El Conde Alucard."
- In Dracula, Go Home by Kin Platt, the villain uses several aliases that are turn out to be anagrams of Dracula, including Alucard.
- The Last Vampire by Willis Hall has a Friendly Neighbourhood Vampire descendant of Dracula who goes by "Count Alucard".
Live Action TV
- In the Dracula TV series, Dracula went by the name of Alexander Lucard.
- A vampire named "Alucard" also shows up on Wizards of Waverly Place.
- Progressive Rock band Gentle Giant recorded a song entitled "Alucard", with cryptic lyrics that presumably refer to Dracula.
- Tech N9ne has a track called "Alucard" on his Seepage EP. The track is a Boastful Rap detailing exactly why Tech has managed to outlast other rappers, likening his staying power as an artist to a vampire's immortality. The rap ends with Tech shouting "A-L-U-C-A-R-D/Read it backwards!"
- The protagonist of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, who first appeared in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. His real name is Adrian Fahrenheits Tepes, and "Alucard" is an alias he took up to show that he stood opposed to his father.
- In the rebooted Lords Of Shadow universe Alucard is actually Trevor Belmont. The name "Alucard" is a pseudonym that Dracula gives to him after he dies by his hand. Dracula (who in this continuity is Gabriel Belmont, Trevor's father) chose it as Trevor had stated that they were "opposites", and he never actually learned Trevor's name before he died.
- There's a vampire named "Alucard" in the top-down shooter Gunbird II...
- There is a text adventure game for the ZX Spectrum called Merlock the Mede: The Ashes of Alucard.
- BlazBlue brings us Rachel Alucard, a vampiric Elegant Gothic Lolita who has only ever bitten one person.
- Played with in the Fan Remake of King's Quest II, where a vampiric count is called Caldaur.
- Occurs in The Adventures of Dr. McNinja with the real Dracula (although Doc notes that Ben Franklin's a moron to fall for that name).
- In the webcomic Eerie Cuties, teen vampire Layla Delacroix has the middle name Alucardia.
- In the animated Batman movie The Batman vs. Dracula, Dracula uses the false identity of "Mr. Alucard, anthropologist". It doesn't take that long for Bruce Wayne to see through this not-too-subtle disguise.