Literature: My Uncle Oswald
My Uncle Oswald is a satire soft porn novel written by Roald Dahl (yes, that one) in 1979. The first part of the book took part in 1912 and the second part in The Roaring Twenties. The first part of the book is about Oswald's search for an aphrodisiac, and the second part his scheme to capture the genomes of every celebrity with the help of Arthur Woresley, a biology professor and Yasmin Howcomely, The Vamp.
This book features the following examples:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Woresley used his own sperms when testing his freezer system, with which Oswald sympathizes deeply.
- Been There, Shaped History: Oswald's crew, who (almost) scandalized every male celebrity and crowned head in Europe and collected their sperms. Though, he gives himself no credit of any event.
- Black Comedy Rape: Really!
- The Casanova: Oswald - his nephew says Casanova is a monk in comparison.
- Darwinist Desire: Oswald collects the sperm of geniuses in order to sell it to women who want to have genius babies.
- Femme Fatale: Yasmin.
- Fictional Document: It's framed as the diary of Oswald, left to his nephew and only seeing the light of day now because its contents were too explosive, etc.
- Freud Was Right: Deconstructed in the most hilarious way.‘Ja ja,’ he said, writing all this down on my record sheet. ‘It may interest you to know, fräulein, that the carrot and the cucumber are both very powerful sexuality symbols. They represent the masculine phallic member. And you are vishing either to chop it up or to pickle it!’
- Note that the person speaking is Freud himself.
- Historical-Domain Character: Loads of them.
- Raging Stiffie: What happens 9 minutes after the victim swallows the beetle powder.
- The Roaring Twenties: The second half the book happens in this period.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Yasmin has to dress up as a man to get the donation from Proust.
- Unfortunate Item Swap: Yasmin seducing men by feeding them an aphrodisiac-filled chocolate truffle, while eating a perfectly normal truffle herself? That has to go wrong at some point, and when she gets to the King of Norway, it does.His Majesty: Control yourself, madam!
- The Vamp: Yasmin, used this way by Oswald.