is a series of books written by Kjartan Poskitt to make kids learn maths, and it might just have succeeded. The characters it uses include Riverboat Lil, the Evil Gollarks, Professor Fiendish
, the gang of crinimals led by Blade Bocelli... the list goes on. The books are filled with plenty of gags, as it is with many of Poskitt's books.
This series of books provides examples of:
- Alien Invasion: The Gollarks try this several times, so they can tip over all the wastebaskets on Planet Earth. Gasp!
- An Axe to Grind: Urgum the Axeman.
- Arch-Enemy: Professor Fiendish.
- Back from the Dead: Pythagoras.
- Big Eater: Porky
- Bloodless Carnage: The gangsters have attached each other many times, yet somehow the only casualties come from among the ranks of Luigi's furniture.
- Buffy Speak: Dolly Snowlips claims to have a "hot cooking-machine what-d'ya-call-it job", which in English is known as an "oven".
- Disproportionate Retribution: At one point, the two barbarians, Urgum the Axeman and Grizelda the Grizley, nearly end up killing each other over Grizelda's cat visiting Urgum's window box.
- The Dreaded: Gangsters who will cheerfully maul the hell out of each other given half a chance are terrified of Ma Butcher and Long Jake.
- Harmless Villain: Both villains.
- Hell Hole Prison: One is mentioned in More Murderous Maths
- Lethal Chef: Dolly Snowlips, as it turns out, cannot cook. Pongo McWhiffy, too.
- Little Green Men: The Gollarks fit this trope exactly.
- Mad Scientist: Professor Fiendish.
- Meaningful Name: Pongo McWhiffy. Professor Fiendish. Rodney Bounder.
- Oh Crap: The gangsters' reaction in Vicious Circles, at the prospect of having to eat some of Dolly's cooking.
- Shaped Like Itself: Chainsaw Charlie's chainsaw-shaped suitcase, as it turns out, contains a chainsaw-shaped chainsaw. Didn't see that one coming.
- The Pig Pen: Pongo McWhiffy, whose defining trait is being perpetually surrounded by files and, well, fitted with a first name and a surname concerning bad smells.
- Too Dumb to Live: Possibly the Evil Gollarks. Definitely Binky.