Id: The Greatest Fusion Fantasy
(이드: The Greatest Fusion Fantasy) is a book series written by Kim Daewoo and adapted into a Manhwa
with art drawn by A.T. Kenny. It takes place in a Norse world sprinkled with Christian imagery featuring a main character from a Chinese mythical Alternate Universe
called Id who is a God-Mode Sue
The story starts rather vaguely. Chun Hwa is wandering a world he hasn't visited before and finds himself trapped in, enters a dungeon and is saved by a group of travelers, who he quickly befriends. He decides to take up the name "Id" as he doesn't want to attract attention with the name "Chun Hwa" and travels with them to a temple to visit the Gold Dragon. Throughout he refers to learning things about the world through somebody else's memories and has a sword he can communicate with that can cast magic spells. Details about his mysterious past don't get revealed until around volume six.
This series contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe - Id's homeworld, the Middle Kingdom.
- Accidental Haircut: At one point, Hael was just supposed to trim Id's hair, but then Gray came and messedit up... Irlina fixed it though.
- Ambiguous Gender - Id looks like a female (especially in the early art), dresses somewhat like a man, is regularly mistaken for a woman, loudly exclaims he's a man at every point, has strange costume folds that slightly hint of cleavage, and is quite careful to never expose the chest area.
- Art Evolution
- An Axe to Grind - Reindalph, being a dwarf, naturally uses an axe.
- Badass - Too many to count but Id himself definitely deserves a special mention.
- BFS - Percer's rather absurd sword, which doesn't seem to stop him from using it with one hand. Although, he does have the defense that it was initially created to be used against dragons, who tend to be freaking huge.
- The Beautiful Elite - Ilrina, who is a beautiful, perfect high elf. And Id matches right up with her, being inhumanly beautiful himself.
- Because Destiny Says So - Id is going to throw the world into chaos, apparently. What 'chaos' means in this case has been kept rather vague thus far. This seems to be because he shares the same name as a person who existed 10000 years ago who overthrew God causing widespread repurcussions. And he ends up being that guy due to time travel
- There's a Bad Ass guy called Chaos. That might have something to do with it.
- Birds of a Feather - Id and Ilrina's relationship come to mind, especially. They both tend to notice and take into importance the same things, they have similar values, they're both inhumanly pretty, and just their whole mannerisms are incredibly similar.
- Bishōnen - Id is the very definition of this trope. Men and women alike fawn over his beauty. Though more often than not, every person he's met has initially thought him a woman.
- Butt Monkey - Grey.
- Calling Your Attacks - Everyone does it
- Can't Argue with Elves - Referenced to almost by word by other characters, where they note that Id can't seem to argue or say "no" to Ilrina.
- Although, this doesn't have much to do with her being an elf, and everything to do with him loving her.
- Chick Magnet: Id. Also qualifies as a Dude Magnet.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Lamia, who constantly tries to subtly (and sometimes unsubtly) split Id from Ilrina, and even get Ilrina killed. And Ilrina's becoming something of one as the series goes on... but it's all okay, because Id likes her back.
- Crossdresser - Id through sheer obliviousness while someone else was dressing him.
- Crossover - It's a Chinese and Nordic myth crossover, with Christianity splashed in for good measure.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady - Id. Acknowledged oh so many times in-universe. Not to mention that it's pretty much guaranteed that anyone who first reads the series is going to think he's a she.
- Empathic Weapon - Id's sword, Lamia, who has enough of a personality to be a character.
- Even the Guys Want Him - Id has gotten several men trying to pick him up. And some are still undeterred when they learn he's male.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink - It has Chinese, Nordic, and Christian myths all mixed together.
- Foreign Language Title
- Four Lines, All Waiting: The later parts of the manga alternate between Grey's party, Id's past and the various other characters though the focus usually remains on Id.
- Functional Magic - Ilran (very skillful), Id (to a vague extent), and Id's sword - Lamia (explicitly godlike)
- God Is Evil - Well, a supernatural entity called 'God' is, anyway. Since it admitted that it was obeying another, more powerful being, it's status as Capital G is rather doubtful.
- High Fantasy
- Implausible Fencing Powers - Id, Percer. Id even has an attack called "Impossible Slice Combo."
- Ki Attacks - Id is positively absurd at this.
- The Multiverse - Id is from an Alternate Universe called The Middle Kingdom (the world of Chinese myth) and has been moved to a world heavily influenced by Norse myth.
- Not What It Looks Like - This particular moment between Grey and Id.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same - Subverted as it's actually uncommon for dwarf to look like our typical dwarf. Typical dwarf of Id actually looks like a incredibly cute and short elf.
- Our Elves Are Different - Ilrina is a high elf. And there's even a whole town of them.
- Our Orcs Are Different
- Physical God - Id, of course.
- Played for Laughs - Quite a bit.
- Pointy Ears - Ilrina, because... well, she's an elf.
- Power Limiter - Id's bracelet. Which only seems to appear at the most inconvenient time imaginable. Like when he's fighting someone who is almost his equal for the first time.
- Actually it appears to come out whenever Id uses Greydrone's heart for extended periods.
- Rapunzel Hair - Id, he has hair that's much longer than anyone else in this story.
- Royal Brat: The crown prince at first.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend - Id and Ilrina, in relation to everyone's teasing. Sometimes, Id chooses to subvert this jokingly by saying things like, "Well Ilrina, I guess they've figured it out."
- Squishy Wizard - Played straight by most, but averted by the very powerful wizards, who are generally able to take as much as they can dish out, and only lose to fighters because they generally have no fighting skill once someone reaches them.
- Stable Time Loop - It turns out the character Id named himself after was himself who traveled to the past in the future.
- Supernatural Martial Arts - Essentially Id's version of magic. Technically based on Ki, looks suspiciously like magic.
- The Stoic - Percer. Ilrina started out as this, as well.
- Summon Magic - Irlina starts out proficient in this. Then, Id tries it and summons the most powerful spirit of its element in existence his first time.
- Super Weight - Lets see...
- Muggle Weight - Hael (Priestess, never shown any powers thus far)
- Iron Weight - Grey (Charles Atlas Superpower), Reindalph (Charles Atlas Superpower)
- Super Weight - Ilran (Functional Magic), Irlina (Summon Magic)
- Lottery Weight - Percer (Extremely powerful Charles Atlas Superpower, Implausible Fencing Powers, Immortality),Dragons in general ( being a Person of Mass Destruction
- Deus Weight - God (Do I really need to explain this one?), Id (Super Speed, Dragon Powers, Ki Attacks, Supernatural Martial Arts, Summon Magic, extremely powerful Charles Atlas Superpower, etc.), Id's sword - Lamia (Supreme Functional Magic)
- Small Name, Big Ego: Grey. Although, to be fair, he actually is a competent fighter. He's just not as great as he thinks he is, and tends to be Overshadowed by Awesome since he spends most of his screen time alongside Id.
- Time Travel - Id and Lamia does this later on get sent back ten thousand years by chaos
- Tsundere - Id is definitely a male one. He especially tends to show his more tsuntsun side to Grey. Interestingly enough, he seems to be the only one in the series.
- Trapped in Another World: Though neither of them are our world, I being from a mythical chinese world and sent to a more traditional western fantasy world.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal - Id unknowingly does this to guys. A lot. But seriously - with Id doing crap like this, can you blame them?
- You Kill It, You Bought It: How Canta became a general of Raailon invasion force, her poor predecessor shouldn't have claimed that the war preparations are more important than her desire to play with Chaos.