Heartwarming / A Very Potter Musical
Describe the Totally Heartwarming moments from A Very Potter Musical, A Very Potter Sequel, and A Very Potter Senior Year.
From A Very Potter Musical
- Voldemort's speech at the end of AVPM.
- A Very Potter Musical's final lines melt this troper so bad. I would post the WHOLE MONOLOGUE if not for length and spoilers.
- I had something much more specific in mind, so I'll do that.
Voldemort: And when everyone else is dead, you're all alone. And I would sit there, alone. And I would think to myself: "Maybe with Quirrel, everything would be... okay."
Quirrel: Is okay... good?
Voldemort: Quirrel!... Okay is wonderful!
- Also (Warning, MAJOR spoilers)
Quirrel: You came back?
Voldemort: I came home
- The moment after Harry and Ron destroy the Zac Efron horcrux: "I will never do anything to hurt you... because I love you." Considering Ron's personality, and that the poster was trying to manipulate Ron into killing Harry, it makes it extra sweet. The fistbiting and hug was just even better.
- The song "Not Alone", which really gets to the heart of the whole story.
- There's something about "Granger Danger". Maybe it's the catchy melody, or the sweetness of the performances mixed with enough humor to keep it from getting cheesy. Or maybe it's because these two jerkish guys are suddenly pouring their hearts out over a nerdy girl. Whatever it is, the last line where Draco and Ron harmonize the word "Danger" and Hermione's in the middle, completely oblivious to the whole thing, really hits the spot.
- Draco's crazed What Is This Feeling?, complete with big puppy eyes (as if about to cry) and tearing of hair. So adorable.
- And all of Harry and Ginny's interaction at the Yule Ball, at least until Harry ruins it.
- It may just be This Troper, but the chorus of Goin' Back to Hogwarts always gives me warm fuzzies.
- Draco's increasingly apparent crush on Hermione, which he denies. In suspiciously specific detail. Because he just wants to talk about her to his sidekicks.
You know who'd be the last person I'd ask to the Yule Ball? That Hermione Granger. Not even if we were the last two people on Earth and she looked absolutely stunning in her ball gown so that every time I looked at her I got butterflies in my tummy...not even then.
- "We have stopped spinning." A Big Damn Kiss ensues.
- Much like in the book, Harry attempting to sacrifice himself to save everyone else. Especially the jerk-ish Harry telling everyone he loves them before he goes.
- A Jerkassish-yet-cute moment from Ron.
Ron: (to Ginny) No kid sisters allowed! Besides, there's only room under the Cloak for two people, so...
(Hermione and Ginny both look downcast.)
Ron: (staring to leave) ...C'mon, Hermione, Cloak.
- Hermione's genuine worry for Harry's safety.
- Cedric and Cho's Sickeningly Sweethearts moments are kind of cute in their own way.
- Voldemort acknowledging Quirrel's his friend.
From A Very Potter Sequel
From A Very Potter Senior Year
- Senior Year's 19 years later.
- Harry singing "Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts" to his son.
- Voldemort and Quirrel dropping off their daughter at the Hogwarts Express.
- Voldemort having let go of his hatred for Harry and reflecting how Harry Potter has taught him to care for others and brought him a family.
- The first Voldemort flashback, with him as a little kid excited about being a wizard.
- Dumbledore to Voldemort, and the Man with the Beard to Harry: "There's only two things I love in the world, and one of them is you."
- Ron's pouring out of his emotions to Petrified!Hermione in "I'm Just a Sidekick".
- Not only that, he acknowledges and accepts that he's "just a sidekick" with ease, which is nice to see after seven books (and eight movies) of Ron struggling with being second-best.
- Ron's proposal.
- The fact that almost every Starkid actor came back to perform. And then at the end of the credits thanks to those who weren't there.
- And Evanna Lynch playing Luna, showing true recognition from someone involved with the franchise.
- Scarfy and the Sorting Hat's goodbyes and kiss.
- Harry's final goodbyes to everyone, including acknowledging Draco as a friend at long last.
From A Very Potter Christmas
- Dean and Seamus are Happily Married.
- Despite being bewitched by Draco's love potion, Hermione still comes back to Ron in the end.
- James, despite his characteristic bluster, is very open about the fact that all he wants is to be in a "tender, monogamous relationship" with Lily.