- Doppler trying to convince the robot cops to let Jim go:
: Excuse me, uh, officers? Perhaps I
can be of assistance. I am the renowned astrophysicist Doctor Delbert Doppler. Perhaps you heard of me? (Uncomfortable Beat) No?
Uh, I have a clipping...
Constable-Bot: Are you the boy's father?
(Both Doppler and Mrs. Hawkins react very squickily to the suggestion)
Mrs. Hawkins: He's just an old friend of the family.
Constable-Bots (In a unison, booming voice)
: BACK OFF, SIR!
(Doppler winces in reaction)
- Jim's confrontation with Scroop.
Scroop: Maybe your ears don't work so well.
Jim: (squicks) Yeah. Too bad my nose works just fine.
- And the priceless scene between Doppler and Amelia after Doppler strikes his target perfectly with his gun.
Amelia: Did you actually aim for that?
Doppler: You know actually, I did.
- And then there's this little bit.
Amelia: Doctor... you have... wonderful eyes...
Doppler: (With no hesitation whatsoever) She's lost her mind!
Jim: Well, you gotta help her!
- Morph imitating Captain Amelia in a high-pitched voice, when she says "Spaceport floozies", adding in a sort of hip-wiggling movement.
- Jim chasing Morph. This one's sorta debatable, considering the two scenes this one is set in between. But if you watch it in freeze-frame (aka repeatedly pausing), just try not to laugh at Jim's flying pounce.
- And in the beginning of the same scene, Morph—who is now in the form of one of Jim's rough-terrain boots—winding himself up and literally kicking poor Jim's butt. Not even Jim himself could keep a straight face.
- And then the little Whack-a-Mole game Jim does when Morph pops out of the grate as a miniature head of Jim saying, "You little squid!"
- "Spider-psycho! Spider-psycho!"
- B.E.N.'s life is flashing before his eyes, and it's hilarious:
- "I am not leaving my buddy, Jimmy!" (One Death Glare later) "...unless he looks at me like that. Uh. BYE, JIM!"
- "All my life, I've been waiting for an opportunity like this, and here it is, screaming: Go Delbert! Go Delbert!"
- That part was actually improvised by David Hyde-Pierce.
- A deleted line, when Jim's mother talks about how she had always dreamed of Jim opening the door with an animal he found, begging her to let him keep it. Then, the doctor opens the door to reveal Jim carrying a wounded Billy Bones.
Delbert: In the dream, was the pet dead?
- "Disable a few laser cannons, what is the big deal? All we gotta do is find out one little wire- *cue tangle of wires* Oh, mama..."
- "BACK YOU GO, YOU NAUGHTY PLUG!!"
- And before they board the ship, Jim is trying to sneak through the pirates' camp and B.E.N. nearly gives them away, "SO WHAT'S THE PLAN??"
- Jim hiding in the barrel of space-plums, nervously handing up Scroop one of them so that he doesn't notice him.
- Doppler driving the ship, with Captain Amelia attempting to help him. "Attempting" being the operative word.
Captain Amelia: Down on the right! THE RIGHT!
Dr. Doppler: I KNOW, I KNOW! WILL YOU JUST LET ME DRIVE?!
- Even funnier, Onus screams, "We were better off on an exploding planet!"
- When Jim theorizes about the whole planet being the mechanism and that the treasure is buried in the center of the planet, some of the pirates take him literally and begin trying to dig to the center of the planet.
- Jim's mother turning to Doppler, expecting him to dissuade Jim from his idea of locating Treasure Planet:
Sarah: Delbert, will you please explain to him how ridiculous this is?
Doppler: It's totally preposterous! Traversing the whole galaxy alone!
Sarah: Now, at last we hear some sense.
Doppler: That's why I'm coming with you.
- The next interaction between Sarah and Doppler is funny as well. He tells her that being on the ship will be good character building for Jim.
Sarah: Are you saying that because it's the right thing to do or because you really want to go.
Doppler: (Looks pleading and sheepish) I really really really really want to go. (Becomes serious again). But also it's the right thing to do.
- Dr. Doppler's trolling of the "brutish pirate" to get his gun:
Doppler: EXCUSE ME...brutish pirate!
Doppler: Yes, you.
I have a question: Is it that your body
is too massive
for your teeny-tiny head—or is it that your head
is too teeny-tiny for your big fat body?!?
Pirate: [grabs Doppler] I pummel you good!
Doppler: Yes, I'm sure you will, but before you do, I have one more question. [pulls out a gun and points it at pirate] Is this yours?
- This frame of Silver.◊