Awesome: Treasure Planet
- The opening sequence:
Narrator: There were nights when the winds of the Etherium, so inviting in their promise of flight and freedom, made one's spirit soar... (Cue epic Timeskip)
- In this, Disney's incredibly well done Treasure Island adaption, the mutineering pirates are trying to get into the cabin using their flintlock lasers, when Long John Silver walks up, "Arrgh... You're taking all day about it!" He sticks his Cyborg hand into his cyborg leg, pulls out a REALLY BIG CANNON and blasts, nay, atomizes the door to kingdom come.
- Any scene in Treasure Planet where Jim is on his solar surfboard. Pure, undiluted, Awesome, especially during the destruction of Treasure Planet.
- Several scenes for Doctor Doppler. The scene where he and the Captain are held prisoner, though, takes the cake:
Doctor Doppler: All my life, I dreamed of an adventure like this. [sighs] I'm just sorry I couldn't have... been more helpful to you.
Captain Amelia: Oh, don't be daft. You've been very helpful. Truly.
Doctor Doppler: I feel like such a useless weakling... [hands slip out of the rope he was tied with] ...with abnormally thin wrists. [to the pirate guarding them while pretending to still be tied up] Excuse me, brutish pirate.
Doctor Doppler: Yes, you. I have a question. Is it that your body is too massive for your teeny-tiny head... or is it that your head is too teeny-tiny for your big, fat body?!
Pirate: [grabs Doppler] I pummel you good!
Doctor Doppler: Yes, I'm sure you will, but before you do, I have one more question. [pulls out a gun and points it at pirate] Is this yours?
- Jim gets a couple of big ones. The first scene with him riding the solar surfer, mostly just because it looked so cool, making it a CMOA for the animation team as much as for the character. Definitely one of the best moments of the film. The other is, of course, his run to the portal on another surfer, which he had built out of a BOX OF SCRAPS only seconds before, especially the bit where he grinds against the canyon wall to reignite the engine.
- The supernova/black hole scene is a CMOA for basically the entire crew of the Legacy (with the exception of Scroop), but especially for Doppler and Amelia.
- "Pirates? On my ship? I'll see they all hang!" When you are voiced by Emma Thompson, of course you're awesome!
- This one doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny:
Amelia: Did you actually aim for that?Doppler: (stares at gun in amazement) You know, actually, I did!
- Also for Jim, when he uses Scroop as a stepping stone to hang onto the mast, knocking him into space in the process;
Scroop: Do say hello to Mr. Arrow. . .
- All of the technology is very imaginative, but when the treasure map opens for the first time, revealing a 3-D, galaxy-wide map from a bronze sphere.
- Breaking the tension of the scene just before the mutiny:
Silver: Well, I was never much good at games. Always hated to lose. [cocks gun behind his back]Jim: Yeah... me too. [stabs Silver]
- A line from the trailer counts big time:
Narrator: He may be on a quest for gold...Jim: 'Gonna make people see me a little different.Mr. Arrow: Mr. Silver!Jim: Cyborg!Narrator: But he'd better watch out... for Silver!
- The part where Silver bargains with Jim for the map and the chewing out Jim gives Silver for what he thinks to be a trick Silver is pulling on him after what he overheard in the purp barrel.
Jim: Boy, you are really something. All that talk of greatness, light coming off my sails. What a joke.Silver: Now, just see here, Jimbo-Jim: I mean, at least you taught me one thing. "Stick to it," right? Well, that's just what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna make sure you never see one drubloon of MY treasure!Silver: That treasure is owed me, by thunder!Jim: Well, try to find it without my map! By thunder!
- There's one for Silver as well. Most of the time he's kissing up to Captain Amelia, breaking out the Purple Prose and all. When Treasure Planet starts to fall apart and Jim needs their help, he drops the sweet talk flat.
Silver: Well you heard the lad! Get this blasted heap turned round!
- The scene where Silver chooses to save Jim's life after a moment of indecision, giving up a lifelong obsession that cost him half his body in order to do so!
- Awesome Music: Let's just cut to the chase and say everything. James Newton Howard provides the best Disney score since The Lion King.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Just look below.
- The Etherium is gorgeous.
- The film boasts probably the most impressive blend of CGI and hand-drawn animation ever attempted. Highlights include Silver, whose mechanical parts are CGI while his organic ones are drawn, and B.E.N., who is the film's only CGI-only character. Both instances blend almost seamlessly with the hand-drawn material.
- Any time Silver shows Scroop who's boss:
"Mr. Scroop, you ever see what happens to a fresh purp, when you squeeze real hard?"(crushes Scroops claw, causing him to drop Jim)
- First time, when Scroop is threatening Jim, Silver, whose arm is now a vice, grabs the spider-psycho's free claw and nonchalantly eating a purp, he tells the creep:
"Disobey my orders again, like that stunt you pulled with Mr Arrow and so help me, you'll be joining him.(throws Scroop against the barrel)
- Second time, when Jim is hiding in the purp barrel, Scroop tries to undermine Silver's authority by inciting the mutiny early. The old cyborg, still angry about Mr. Arrow's death and Jim being blamed for it, grabs him by the neck and snarls:
- Amelia's agile and cat-like Dynamic Entry.