Funny: The Dreamstone
The Urpneys supply a near unlimited amount of laugh out loud moments in the show, to name but few however:
- In "Spildit", after getting stranded on a wasteland island, Sgt Blob attempts to emulate Urpgor and create a number of vehicles to get the squad to the Land Of Dreams. All of them fail miserably.
Zordrak: *tsks* This is very naughty, Urpgor. Taking someone else's property is called "stealing". You must return it at once with my apologies and....some flowers.*All four Urpneys Jaw Drop*
- In the same episode, Zordrak enters a time vortex, only to get swept into the "far side", resulting in some unusual side effects.
- Frizz's nervous breakdown after the team get trapped in the Dream tower in "Albert's Ailment".
Nug: Quick, the window!!!Frizz: *wailing* I can't reach it! I can't REACH IT!!!
Blob: Twiddle the knobs, men! Twiddle the knobs!Nug: Nothing's happening, sarge!Frizz: Let us out! We're gonna be pulverised! I can't twiddle! I can't twiddle!Nug: The knobs aren't twiddling properly!
- And again later when Urpgor's Dreamstone smashing machine goes berserk (and the usual "twiddling of knobs" doesn't work):
- Sgt Blob treats Frizz and Nug to a drink in "The Knitted Balloon", the two cheerfully lie back and sip it before asking what it is. A grinning Blob holds up a container with an Urpgor logo on it.
- "A fastidious little drink, with just a suggestion of arrogance, don't ya think, Frizz?"
- Pretty much any time the Urpneys try to kidnap Amberley.
- "The Invisible Blob", to make up for the obvious lack of animation as the invisible Urpneys sneak around, Frizz and Nug give endless frustrated commentary to the whole situation.
Blob: More potion, men...
- A rare example delivered by the Noops and Albert in "The Dream Beam Invasion", when they deliver an epic Oh Crap! reaction to a giant, angry looking Frizz and Nug and run off screaming like banshees. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome for Frizz and Nug, since it was the nearest to them ever spoiling a victory for the Noops.
- Earlier on in their face off, the two try to outmaneuver the Noops by jumping onto a carousel. It actually works for a while.
- In "Urpgor's Great Adventure", the Urpneys attempt to show a hint of culture to Urpgor and practice a choir recital of "Old King Cole". They are all silenced by an irritated Zordrak, except for one Urpney still singing passionately, who is met with a nasty electric shock.
- Any of Nug's rather grim assumptions, this gem from "The Spidermobile" in particular:
Frizz: We can't get out! We'll drown!!!Nug: Oh, I shouldn't think we'd drown. I think most likely the air would run out and we'd suffocate. I shouldn't think we'd drown.
- Another rare case for the Noops in "The Jolly Bird", Rufus and Amberley attempt to cheer up a downbeat Spildit by playing around and pulling goofy stunts, one of which ends up with them bumping into each other. They laugh at this, however Amberley stops when she realizes Spildit is still despondent. Rufus on the other hand is still rolling on the floor in hysterics.
- Rufus tends to have more offbeat moments in later episodes, such as this gem in "Trouble With The Miners":
Amberley: Where are we? I don't recognise anything.Rufus: Neither do I....and I'm hungry.
- Also from "Trouble With The Miners" the Urpneys are assigned to clean up Viltheed's boiler. Insisting to Blob that they must have done a horrid job, Urpgor inspects the boiler and gives them a thorough chewing out....over a teeny piece of leftover coal.
Urpgor: AH HA! what's this? *rssp* Look, look! You left a bit! Can't you do anything properly? EVER?
- "All those Urpneys not going on a deadly dangerous, top secret mission with a top secret weapon tomorrow, one step of forward march...NOT YOU NUG!...OR YOU FRIZZ!"
- Zordrak dons a Hawaiian shirt, suspenders and sunglasses following Viltheed's heat wave in "Albert Is Fishnapped".
- After Urpgor is employed by Zarag in "Zarag Rules", he infuriates her when his inventions ruin her home. She kicks him out in a rage, leading to what essentially becomes a screeching contest.
Zarag: GET OUT, GET OUT!!!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!Urpgor: DON'T WORRY!!! I WOULDN'T WASTE MY ASTOUNDING MENTAL ABILITIES ON SOMEONE LIKE YOU IF YOU PAID ME!!!
Frizz: Personally, I'll be pleased to get home. Viltheed's so quiet and peaceful!
- And then after the Urpneys' mission is foiled, he crash lands on her, and the loud banter starts again.
- In "The Neemod", Rufus daydreams about Amberley fawning over him, leading to the differences between fantasy and reality:
Daydream!Amberley: Oh, Rufus. You're so brave!Real!Amberley: Oh, Rufus. You are an idiot.
- Frizz's cowardice reaches such a level he becomes paranoid of the title character of "Hod"; a meek Shrinking Violet who Apologizes a Lot. Even when they have him Bound and Gagged, he's certain he's giving him evil looks and sobs he'll turn them into frogs.
Narrator: This was a bit of a mistake really, dear viewer. Because it's not necessarily a good idea to go around opening doors on other people's spaceships without their permission. You could quite easily and unexpectedly find yourself mixed up with all sorts of leftover dream bits, landscapes for example, that other people didn't want or didn't like, and you never know where you might end up. But then, Urpneys never learn...
- The narrator's Space Whale Aesop concerning the Urpneys snooping in Hod's spaceship:
- In "The Shrinking Stone", Frizz removes his glasses to clean them...and removes his eyes as well.
- The show supplied a hilarious amount of Wild Takes. Urpgor delivered the most plentiful (and elaborate), though it was even funnier the rare times Zordrak or the Noops took part in one.