- "And For My Next Trick": "DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"
- Gabe learns a new word!
- I Hope You Like Text.
- "You're arguing for a universe with fewer waffles in it," I said. "I'm prepared to call that cowardice."
- This and Tycho's delivery.
- While discussing Bayonetta...
Gabe: I heard someone talking about tits and breasts!
Tycho: Weren't you at the mall?
- "The prosecution asserts that this shit is off the hook!"
- This news post with Tycho's efforts to run a charity are horribly subverted by Gabe.
- Gabe is playing inFAMOUS as a bad, bad man.
- Gabe's hiccup remedy.
- Battle not with nerds, lest ye become nerdy.
- Despite the embarrassment, Gabe posts a comic he drew in eighth grade. Tycho mocks the writing, but instantly changes his tune when Gabe threatens to post some of his old writing.
- Tycho describes their quest to make carrot cake soup, and his fear that the authorities will try to stop them. From the same rant, he suffers game withdrawal and starts seeing Venice as an FPS level. Then he goes into an internet cafe to find them playing the city on Counter-Strike. "The psychotic break made was practically audible... Thank God that place had a liquor license."
- Tycho is considering creating a harem. His wife... disagrees.
- The Abridged versions of the presentations by Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony at E3. "Nintendo, bitches! We out."
- Tycho can't stand the thought of losing to Gabe at Words With Friends just from Gabe button mashing.
- Even better when you look up what "churl" means.
- God help you if you mix up Tycho's ice cream order.
- The Unhorse.
- Cha Cha Cha Changes.
- I play violent video games! I could snap any minute!
- Tycho uses the Wii Weather Channel to destroy a life.
- "I'll tell you this: the best thing about the placenta is cold placenta sandwiches the next day."
- From PATV Episode, 4th Panel of Racist Clocks. Jerry hurt his back playing ping pong earlier that day:
Jerry: I achieved victory but at what cost?
At what cost Michael?!
Michael: I don't care.
- From PATV, season 2, episode 7.
Mike: I heard that sometimes if someone presses on your prostate you cum. I've heard that.
Jerry: (beat) How... how much do you wanna know? About that?
- It Only Doesn't. Made even funnier by the fact that it's structured exactly like an "It Only Does" ad, so you can imagine it becoming real for yourself.
- "I might grind, there may be grinding."
- "911? I've cut off all my fingers. They're all gone. It is excruciating, yes!"
- "Using this Macbook is like putting my dick in a George Foreman Grill. Okay? It's like making a penis panini."
- "You understand that there's more to Dissidia than murdering Tidus over and over."
- "BAM! So, suck it! ...for the children."
- "I saw where a hippo was not, and said, no. This will not do."
- Anneservice, Part 4, aka the geek's hat trick.
- On Crippling Overspecialization in the new Deus Ex.
Barrett: I'M GONNA BREAK YOU IN HALF!
Nerd!Jensen: Oh yeah? Well... well... I'll hack into your laptop and read all your mail!
- This lampooning of Warhammer 40,000's grimdark nature.
- An option that Xbox Live desperately needs.
- How are these exterminators still in business?!?
- Either Gabe fails at nerdiness, or he's just trolling Tycho. Either way, hilarious.
- Tycho's Oh, Crap face in the last panel as he realizes what's coming. Epic.
- There's nothing quite like innocently clicking your shortcut to Penny Arcade and being confronted with a giant banner proclaiming... SEMEN WEEK.
- The Dickerdoodle contest. Investigate further at your own peril.
- Perhaps the best was one long, detailed post by Gabe about the contest, including pictures of the Dickerdoodles and people making them in suggestive positions. Said post was sandwiched between two of Tycho's posts, the first being some information about the Child's Play event, the second consisting entirely of an angry, "GOD DAMMIT I AM TRYING TO RUN A CHARITY HERE!"
- Everyone Else Seems to Like It
Gabe: I hate Kingdom Hearts.
Gabe: I like Kingdom Hearts.
KH Fan: Huh?
Uh-oh. Think of something! Fast!
That may have been too fast.
- On Yahoo! Maps giving driving directions.
- How to install the GBA Afterburner.
- Oh, that's right, he had two purposes.
- Gabe posts a video of Tycho playing Harry Potter on the Wii while wearing a Gryffindor scarf and pretending to be casting spells. The video got 704 billion views; likely far more than any YouTube video in existence.
- Tycho's story on Gabe playing Unreal Tournament.
- Roiling. The sight of Tycho having a Balloon Belly from holding in his poop, and trying to poop his pants in front of the guy talking to him is priceless. The face he makes is the icing on the cake.
- Gabe explaining to Tycho the method of "Topping".
- Kickball, Sport of Kings
- Words cannot describe how great this one is.
- The result of Gabe and Tycho playing Kinect.
- The Line
- The Great Indoors
- In the Before-Now
- Tycho: "When I was in the shower this morning trying to scour off a lifetime of regret..." The funny thing is that he doesn't make anything of that, it just leads into what he's really talking about. Trying to scrub away the burden of past mistakes is just how Tycho lives.
- First panel:
Listen, I'm not saying you know anything about my
. What I'm saying is that there are things about it you can probably infer
. Like, its base damage or something.
- Pay Close Attention To His Technique. Gabe destroys a guy in Splinter Cell so hard that the guy loses his network connection.
- In Tycho's commentary to Mindcraft, a moment which is simultaneously heartwarming and hilarious:
Tycho: We knew that "online rules" were something we wanted to do for the comic, but the strip as you see it very nearly didn't happen. I wrote it out this way, but was afraid to tell him what I had written because it's a little... close, so I asked him if he had his phone because then I could send it to him and I wouldn't have to read it aloud. He didn't. At the same time, he had come up with something very similar, but only got halfway through the idea before he said it was dumb, but I made him tell me just in case we were actually on the same page. We've been making stuff for almost twenty years now, and this thing almost didn't happen because we were each, independently, afraid to be honest. There is no doubt a lesson in all this but I refuse to learn it.
- While the topic of conversation in this strip most certainly is not funny, Gabe's reaction to it is enough to bring it right back into rib-cracking territory.
- Gabe's anger at not being able to play a digital copy of Diablo III before the stores have a chance to sell it. He ends on a perfect line.
- A fellow reader tries to dissuade Tycho from picking up the Anita Blake books by pointing out that they basically devolve into sadomasochism and werewolf sex. This is not a deal breaker for Tycho
- Gabriel is not a gracious loser
- Can you believe a Nightmare Face can be made so goofy and silly, you can't help but crack up looking at it? You're gonna have a hard time with the third panel. The context makes it even funnier.
Gabe: "I am way better at Call of Duty on Xbox One. I think it's the increased fidelity and precision gameplay."
Gabe: "You mean... after Christmas, I'm gonna suck again?"
Tycho: "Come nine a.m. Christmas morning, you're looking at zero kills, thirty deaths."
Gabe: "Then I know what I need to do."
Tycho: "Training regimen? Dial in your weapons and perks, optimize your routes?"
- The ending of the 4th Panel for "Stewardship": after Mike and Jerry finished a script which had Scott Kurtz telling Tycho what not to include in the duo's forthcoming PvP guest strips, they had the real Scott Kurtz come in to read the script out loud before finalizing. His reaction?
Scott: That's good. Y'know, what's funny is ... I considered coming in and doing that.
- Gabe's kickstarter. The sad part is that this really isnt that far from some real life Kickstarters.
- The premise of The Talk. Gabe's confronted with the fact that his son wants to learn about the birds and the bees, but since Gabe's not entirely emotionally ready to tell him the truth he just has a parade of other comic artists tell him in his stead.