- The military style detention in the first adaptation.
- From that same movie, Tommy and his friends are out buying tuxedos, one of them briefly argues that none of them look good on him. The movie then fast forwards through their argument, until the friend settles for a tuxedo t-shirt.
- Chris repeatedly calling Billy a "stupid shit" in the 1976 film.
- The 2013 film has a deleted scene where Billy starts to drive recklessly when Chris calls him that. When Chris starts to freak out, Billy deadpans, "'Stupid shit'? This is how we drive."
- Carrie herself has a funny Mood Whiplash moment when she accidentally breaks the mirror with her telekinesis.
Margaret: Carrie what are you doing up there?Carrie: Just saying my prayers mama.
- The fact that Norma always wears her cute little hat... Even when she's under a drying hood.
- In the 2002 version, the principal quiets everyone down by simply shouting "SHUT UP!!!"
- In 2013 film, the principal has visible problem with using words such as "period" and "tampons". While talking to Chris father, he says the girls were throwing "those things" at Carrie.
- Chris' outburst in the 2013 film when she's trying to get her friends to skip detention with her. She really turns into a drama queen: "Someone could die of dehydration! Tina, you have a heart condition, right?"
- In the 2013 remake, Margaret literally thumps Carrie with the bible.
- Also from the 2013 film, Desjardin and Principal Morton vote for themselves on their prom ballot.
- In the musical, the song "A Night We'll Never Forget" has this gem:
All Boys: Eighty bucks for tux! Damn, we'd better be laid.Girl: You've been prayin' for that since seventh grade!Random Guy: (spoken) Well, yeah.
- From the 2013 remake, when Ms. Desjardin meets with Carrie and Tommy at the prom:
Tommy: I'll let you two ladies talk. Uh, do you want some punch? I heard Greg and Harry spiked it.Ms. Desjardin: Really...?Tommy: No, I'm just kidding. (awkward Beat; walks away).
- And a few seconds before this scene, Desjardin dancing a little too wildly on the dance floor.
- Billy hastily throwing an open beer can into Chris' lap when a cop pulls up next to them.