Undisputed II: Last Man Standing
is a B-movie sequel to Undisputed
, directed by Isaac Florentine from 2006.
This time, Chambers is upgraded from a Villain Protagonist
to an Anti-Hero
, and is played by Michael Jai White. In this particular setting, Mafia-types run the prison fighting organization of a particular Russian prison and make money off of it. They frame Chambers for drug use so he will be sent to jail and they can pit him against their own resident champion, Yuri Boyka (played by Scott Adkins). For a while, Chambers refuses to fight Boyka, but they promise he will be freed. So he agrees. As you can see, it's fairly similar to the plot of the first movie.
This film has the examples of:
- The Ace: As the most complete fighter in the world, Boyka is crazily proficient in striking, dodging and grappling. The only way to beat him is training to become another Ace.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Boyka.
- Artistic License - Martial Arts: Partially subverted. The fight scenes have some realism, but Boyka's high-flying stunts are obviously not suited for a real Mixed Martial Arts fight.
- Badass: Chambers and Boyka.
- Bad Boss: Boyka's training method consistst mainly in brutalizing his obedient mooks.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: During their first fight, Boyka tries to beat Chambers with only fists, but he ends briefly knocked out. Consequently, he drops the handicap off and starts to use his legs to work Chambers over.
- Blood Knight: Boyka.
- Chekhov's Skill: The kneebar variation which Nikolai teach to Chambers, who later uses it to break Boyka's leg.
- Crapsack World
- Diving Kick: Boyka pulls some.
- Driven to Suicide: Stevie.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Chambers's fighting style.
- Karma Houdini: Gaga, the evil mastermind of the film, leaves the film with millions in his pocket.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong
- Old Master: Nikolai becomes one.
- Real Men Love Jesus: In a negative, almost frightening light. Yuri seems to be a devout member of the Russian Orthodox church, but it doesn't stop it from killing people nonchalantly.
- Smug Snake: Gaga.
- Surprisingly Happy Ending: To Chambers and Nikolai, at least.
- Training from Hell: By Chambers in order to beat Boyka.
- Wicked Cultured: Boyka plays chess and collects stamps.
- Win Your Freedom
- Wrestler in All of Us: During his training, Boyka performs a hurricanrana to one of his henchmen.
- You Have Failed Me: After knowing Chambers was drugged, an enraged Boyka kills two of his cornermen, who were the plotters of the ruse.