Razorback is an Australian horror film from the year 1984. It was directed by Russell Mulcahy, who also did the first two Highlanders, the film adaptation of The Shadow and Resident Evil: Extinction.Events take place in the Australian outback, where the titular gigantic wild boar dwells. In the opening segment, the boar attacks old hunter Jake Cullen's house, killing his grandson in the process. He tries to tell the truth about the attack, only to be accused of murder. After his acquital due to lack of evidence, Jake vows revenge and sets out to kill the beast and every other boar that comes to his sights.Later, an American TV-journalist Beth comes to the area to investigate the local Petpak pet food factory due to alleged acts of animal cruelty. She gets in trouble with the factory's employees and becomes the boar's victim. Her fiancee Carl follows her trail to the area and is caught up in the whole thing.
This film contains the examples of:
- Animal Nemesis: Guess who.
- Attempted Rape: Benny and Dicko try to do this on Beth when they they want to scare her off from investigating the Petpak factory. The boar intervenes.
- Conveyor Belt of Doom: The boar is tricked stepping into one, which leads to its doom at the blades of a Deadly Rotary Fan.
- Decoy Protagonist: Beth. It looks like she's escaped the villainous Petpak guys, and then she meets the hog...
- Laser-Guided Karma: When Carl comes looking for Beth, the rumour is that she fell down a mine shaft. Guess what happens to Dicko towards the climax.