"Sex, drugs, and rock & roll... nothing ever changes."
—Tagline from one of the DVD boxes
"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"The Movie based on The Who's Concept Album Quadrophenia.There's plenty of overlap, but several tropes are exclusive to the movie.
- The Ace: Ace Face, at first.
- Adaptation Expansion: Most of the film actually takes place before the riots in Brighton.
- Large Ham: Phil Daniels as Jimmy.
- I Have No Son: Jimmy's mother says this when she kicks him out.
- Male Frontal Nudity: One scene takes place in a public bath.
- Trauma Conga Line: First Jimmy gets arrested in Brighton, only to get kicked out of his parents' house, lose his job, his girlfriend, his mates, gets his scooter wrecked and eventually finds out his idol, Ace Face, is nothing more than a common bellboy.