- Crowning Moment of Awesome: In the finale of the movie, Jimmy steals Ace Face's scooter, rides it along the white cliffs of the Seven Sisters (to I've Had Enough, no less), before throwing it off onto the rocks below, having come to terms with himself.
- His moment of enlightenment before chucking the scooter, when he screams a single word that sums up the entire point of the story: "ME!!!"
- Faux Symbolism: Jimmy's relationship with drugs throughout the thing has elements of this.
- Magnum Opus: Pete Townshend himself said that this was the last truly great Who album. The few albums they released afterwards, while still well-liked, are hardly as memorable.
- Retroactive Recognition: Mainly for Sting and Ray Winstone in The Movie.
- Values Resonance: Despite being written in '70s, the themes of teenage drug use, popularity, and self-identity are just as relevant today. About the only thing that has changed is the drugs in question, and even then not much.