TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Film: Motor Home Massacre
That should be a machete.
The road ends here.Motor Home Massacre
is a 2006 Slasher Movie
With the parents of his sort-of pal, the nerdy Benji, out of town for six weeks, a douchebag (look
at that beard) named Roger convinces him (primarily by promising him a hot date) to take his old man's vintage hunting RV on a road trip with their friends, a wigger named Lincoln, his girlfriend Brooke, the ditzy Faith, and her boyfriend Nick. Brooke also convinces her friend Sabrina, who is still hurting after a nasty breakup with her ex-boyfriend Tom seven months ago, to tag along, saying she needs to get out and move on, and what better way to do so than on a trip to the wilderness, with the eligible (for obvious reasons
) Roger? Enroute to their destination, Black Creek Campgrounds, the group stop at a dilapidated general store, where the weird proprietor, a redneck by the name of Jebediah, informs them that they'll likely have the area all to themselves, due to a young couple, Jake and Melanie, being hacked to bits with a machete while out camping the previous night.
Deciding to ignore Jebediah's gruesome story, our characters head to the campgrounds anyway, only to discover Jebediah wasn't lying about the double homicide when they happen upon the crime scene. Stopping to speak to the attending park ranger, the group are told the gate to the area should have been closed, and since they've trampled on to the crime scene, they are prohibited from leaving until the morning. Deciding to make the best of things, the group find a spot, and engage in the usual shenanigans teenagers in slasher films get up to (drinking, drug use, sex, pranks, etc.) shortly after meeting a lone neighboring camper named Nicole, who has just been dumped, but is still getting scary calls from her ex-boyfriend, who is threatening her and whoever she is with.
Soon enough (and after a nasty run in with a drunk Jebediah, and his cousin Terry) the coat and night vision googles adorned figure who butchered the campers the other night shows up with a machete in hand, ready for some more carnage over the roaring campfire.
No relation to Trailer Park of Terror
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- All There in the Script: Jebediah isn't named in the film, only in the credits, hence them reading Jebediah (Store Clerk).
- Artificial Limbs: The park ranger's wooden leg.
- Arrow Cam: Used when the machete gets thrown into Lincoln.
- An Arm and a Leg: The park ranger gets an arm cut off, ironically the one holding his artificial leg.
- And This Is for...: "Lincoln!"
- Asshole Victim: Jebediah, and Roger.
- Bare Your Midriff: Brooke.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Nicole and Tom.
- Big Damn Heroes: Just as Benji is about to be finished off, the park ranger shows up to fight the killer, dying in the process.
- Big "NO!"
- Bi the Way: Melanie.
- Blood from the Mouth
- Broken Heel: Brooke.
- Bury Your Disabled: The park ranger.
- Bury Your Gays: Melanie.
- Camera Fiend: Terry.
- Car Fu: When it's revealed there's a second killer, and it's Tom, Sabrina runs him over after the initial shock wears off.
- Carpet of Virility: Jebediah, and Terry.
- Carry a Big Stick: Benji grabs a log while walking Nichole back to her camp, in case they run into Jebediah or Terry. Roger later uses it to knock him out.
- Cat Scare: A skunk digging through the trash.
- Caught in a Snare: Melanie.
- Chainsaw Good: The cover, and just the cover.
- Chekhov's Gun: The crossbow.
- Chase Scene: Brooke gets chased through the brush by the killer.
- Coup de Grāce: Nicole survives being beaten with a frying pan by Sabrina, and is finished off when Brooke shoots her with a crossbow.
- Covers Always Lie: A chainsaw is never used.
- Creator Cameo: Director Allen Wilbanks voices the NVGK announcer.
- Cult: What Jebediah theorizes killed Jake and Melanie.
- Cute But Psycho: Nicole.
- Death by Mocking: Roger, and Lincoln.
- Death by Pragmatism: Roger.
- Death by Racism: Jebediah, who nonchalantly calls Nicole a "tar baby".
- Death by Sex: Jake and Melanie, and Nick and Faith.
- Decapitation Presentation: Done with Roger's severed head.
- Developing Doomed Characters
- The Ditz: Faith.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The bound Sabrina and Benji getting a knife out of Benji's pocket, amidst all kinds of suggestive dialogue.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: Tom.
- Don't Go in the Woods
- Dramatic Unmask: The park ranger hits the killer in the head, knocking off their night vision goggles, and revealing Nicole. And when another, identically-dressed killer shows up, he removes his gear to reveal... Tom.
- Enemy Rising Behind: Nicole gets up as Benji and Sabrina kiss.
- Evil Gloating
- Evil Phone/Harassing Phone Call: Nicole gets multiple threatening calls from a deep voiced figure she assumes is her ex-boyfriend.
- Evil Sounds Deep: The caller.
- Fan Disservice: Melanie and Faith dying while topless.
- Fanservice: Melanie and Faith topless.
- Final Girl: Sabrina (and Brooke and Benji).
- Flashback: Black and white ones to Sabrina's life with Tom, and a colorized one depicting an extended version of the opening.
- Flaying Alive: Nick's death.
- Freudian Excuse: Nicole became unstable after her boyfriend left her, and now she's getting seemingly imaginary calls from him instructing her to kill.
- Frying Pan of Doom: The killer gets bludgeoned to near death with one, courtesy of Sabrina.
- Gasshole: Roger.
- Geeky Turn-On: Benji's dream girl removes her Modesty Bedsheet to show a report card covered in straight A's.
- Girlish Pigtails: Melanie.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Sabrina.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: The park ranger smacks the killer in the head with his artificial leg.
- Groin Attack: Brooke nails the killer between the legs.
- Gross-Up Close-Up
- Handicapped Badass: The park ranger.
- Happily Married: Benji's parents, apparently to the point of being Sickeningly Sweethearts.
- Hearing Voices: Nicole. Or not.
- Hollywood Darkness
- Howling to the Night
- I Can See You
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: A drunk Jebediah comes on to Nicole, and licks her face.
- Imagine Spot: Benji imagines the girl Roger claims to have set him up with.
- Impaled Palm: Nick's body is found with several spikes embedded in it, including through the hands.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Jake's death.
- Improvised Weapon: A wooden leg, and a frying pan.
- In the Hood: The killer.
- Jerkass: Roger and Jebediah.
- Jitter Cam: Used in a few attacks.
- Look Behind You: Unfortunately, Benji fails to heed Roger's warning, and gets hit by a bundle of thrown newspapers.
- Looks Like She Is Enjoying It: Faith and Nick being attacked is mistaken for very loud lovemaking.
- Machete Mayhem
- Man Bites Man: Brooke bites the killer on the arm.
- Monochrome Past: Sabrina's boyfriend flashbacks.
- Mr. Exposition: Jebediah.
- Murderer P.O.V.
- My Car Hates Me: The RV randomly blows a fuse.
- Nerd: Benji, who actually wears a tie and sweater vest on a camping trip.
- Night-Vision Goggles
- No Name Given: The park ranger.
- No Peripheral Vision: Benji not noticing Jebediah's corpse until he's literally pissing on it.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Justified by there being two killers.
- Off with His Head!: Roger's death.
- Ominous Fog
- Only a Flesh Wound: Brooke getting dragged behind the RV, and Benji getting hacked with the machete.
- Police Are Useless: While immensely badass, one has to wonder why the park ranger didn't use his gun, instead of his fake leg, to attack the killer.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Lincoln.
- Production Posse: Several actors were recycled from the director's previous work, Evil Keg.
- Reaction Shot
- Red Shirt: Jake, Melanie, Jebediah, and the park ranger.
- The Reveal: Nicole is the killer, being given instructions by a seemingly imaginary voice over her phone. But then it turns out the voice isn't imaginary, it's her accomplice and Sabrina's ex-boyfriend, Tom.
- Road Movie
- The Scourge of God
- Shirtless Scene: Nick.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Lincoln.
- Sliding Scale of Comedy and Horror
- Sound-Only Death: Several deaths are only heard, with the aftermath being shown sometime later.
- Spiteful Spit: While Roger is tying her up, Sabrina spits on him.
- Tap on the Head: Roger knocks Benji out to get the RV keys.
- Three-Way Sex: Jake and Melanie try to get Nicole to join in their lovemaking, but she backs out.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: Lincoln's death.
- Token Minority: Roger (Hispanic) and Nicole (black).
- Too Dumb to Live: Applies to a killer this time, because really Tom, who steps in front of intended victims' running RV?
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Jebediah seems a little off, but nice enough while manning his store, but when he shows up at the campgrounds, he's become an ass.
- Turn of the Millennium
- The Unintelligible: Lincoln, sometimes.
- Urine Trouble: Benji unintentionally pees on Jebediah's corpse.
- Villain Opening Scene: Jake and Melanie getting murdered.
- Voice Changeling: The caller's demonic voice.
- The Voiceless: Terry.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Roger, when he finds the battered Brooke.
- Wait Here
- Weapon of Choice: A machete.
- What a Drag: Accidentally happens to Brooke.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Jebediah's friend, Terry, and Nicole's dog, Lulu.