Film: Mother's Day
"No one can escape on Mother's Day... because Mother's Day never ends."Mother's Day is a 1980 horror film brought to you by the folks at Troma.Three female friends on their annual reunion head to the Pine Barrens, unaware that the area's the stomping grounds for murderous siblings Ike and Addley, and their psychotic mother who drives them to commit their violent deeds.It received a rather loose remake in 2010, which was directed by Darren Lynn Bousman (Repo! The Genetic Opera).
The original film contains examples of the following tropes:
- An Axe to Grind: See Groin Attack.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The two remaining heroes dispatch Mother, Ike, and Addley, however, they soon run into Queenie in the woods... Cue credits.
- Foreshadowing: By the bucketload.
- Gorn: Also by the bucketload.
- Groin Attack: Delivered to Addley via hatchet. Ouch.
- Machete Mayhem
- Meaningful Echo: "I'm a sick woman!"
- Off with His Head!: The very first kill in the film, coupled with Machete Mayhem.
- Psychotic Man Child: Ike and Addley.
- Rape and Revenge