Film / Drive Thru
A 2007 Horror/Comedy B-Movie
starring Leighton Meester.
A group of wealthy teenagers in the Orange County
suburb of Blanca Carne are being murdered by a serial killer dressed as Horny the Clown
, the creepy mascot of the Hella Burger fast food chain. One of the teens, Mackenzie, begins to investigate the murders on her own and soon discovers that all of the victims are connected by a Dark Secret
committed by their parents years ago, and the killer now wants revenge by murdering their children
This film provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Nearly every teen killed by Horny the Clown is portrayed as the epitome of a stereotypical white, suburban Spoiled Brat.
- Bilingual Bonus: Blanca Carne means "white meat" in (grammatically incorrect) Spanish.
- Bloody Hilarious: Most of the deaths in this film.
- Bound and Gagged: Happens to Mackenzie near the end.
- Butt Monkey: Detective Crockers and Robbie.
- Death by Sex: Chad and Tina.
- Emo Teen: Mackenzie and, to a lesser extent, her other friends.
- The End... Or Is It?: Before Horny/Archie is killed, he manages to grab Fisher, turning his eyes blood red and sending him to the hospital. Later, Mackenzie visits his hospital room but he has mysteriously disappeared. Cut to a new Horny the Clown appearing back at a Hella Burger restaurant...
- Fat Comic Relief: Detective Crockers. In every scene.
- Final Girl: Mackenzie. Technically, her boyfriend Fisher also survives but it is implied that he has been possessed by Horny at the ending.
- The Jail Bait Wait: Fisher is patiently waiting for Mackenzie's 18th birthday, when she becomes "legal."
- Kill It with Fire: How Mackenzie defeats Horny.
- Monster Clown: Horny, obviously.
- Only Sane Woman: Mackenie and Detective Chase.
- Ouija Board: Horny communicates hints to his next murder victims through a Ouija board, a Magic 8 Ball, and an Etch A Sketch.
- Police Are Useless: Detective Crockers, a fat and incompetent cop who serves more as the film's Plucky Comic Relief than anything.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: The spoiled rich teens that Horny murders at the beginning of the film.
- Punk Rock: Mackenzie is the singer of an (embarrassingly cliche) punk band at the start of the film.
- Sins of Our Fathers: It turns out that Horny the Clown is the possessed spirit of Archie Benjamin, the geeky son of Hella Burger founder Jack Benjamin, who was accidentally killed in a prank gone awry by Mackenzie's mother and her friends. He has now returned to kill all of their children in vengeance. Because he had a crush on her mother, he has saved Mackenzie for last.
- Token Wholesome: It is repeatedly emphasized that Mackenzie is the only virgin in her group of friends. Ad nauseam.
- Town with a Dark Secret: Blanca Carne.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Archie.
- Your Head A-Splode: One of the deaths. By way of a microwave.