Club Dread is a 2004 comedy horror film written by Broken Lizard, best known for Super Troopers and Beerfest.Lars, a big fan of washed up singer Coconut Pete, arrives on his private party island to start his new job. His timing couldn't be worse however, as there is a killer among the islands various crackpot employees. And they have to figure out who before there's no one left...Needs the following Wiki Magic Love:
- Needs a Better Description: Short
This film provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Dirk.
- Ax-Crazy: Sam.
- Bond One-Liner: "The fun is done!"
- Cloudcuckoolander: Coconut Pete, Putman, and Penelope.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Sam says that the reason for his killing spree was because Rolo lied about him not having his weed (which he then used for himself). It is then subverted when he realizes his real reason seconds later.
- Distracted by the Sexy: When Juan is trying to find out if Penelope is the killer, he ends up sleeping with her instead.
- Femme Fatale: Penelope. Or so we're led to believe at first.
- Foreshadowing: Sam threatens to take someone's head off if they come near his cabana. Guess who the killer turns out to be?
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Sam gets cut in half by a rope tied to a speedboat.
- Low-Speed Chase: How Yu meets her end.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Coconut Pete is an obvious Jimmy Buffett parody, complete with having a Signature Song called "Pina Coladaburg". Played With because Pete hates Jimmy Buffett and claims he ripped off his act.Coconut Pete: (about Jimmy Buffett) ''"Son of a son of a bitch! Mother motherfucker!"
- Oh Crap!: Putman after Jenny handcuffs him to a bed by accident and the killer spots them.
- "You manacled me to my death bed, you picadilly whore!"
- Rasputinian Death: The Big Bad gets one towards the end.
- Sleeps with Everyone but You: Jenny is this to Putman. He even lampshades it twice, first:"Really Jen, am I the ONLY one?"
and again with:
"Oh, Jenny, you've got your arms around me. I can only assume this must mean EVERY other man on the island is dead."
- Who's on First?: One of the main characters is named Yu, so of course there would be a little of this:Juan: Pete! Yu and Hank are dead!Coconut Pete: Why? What did we do?Juan: No, man! Yu and Hank are fucking dead!Coconut Pete: Is that a threat?
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Sam pretends to be drowning in a mud bath in order to lure the surviving characters into harm's way.