Typical and forgettable but otherwise acceptable and inoffensive 1984 Tom Hanks
sex comedy directed by Neal Israel (of Surf Ninjas
Party-animal Rick Gassko (Hanks) decides to settle down and marry his girlfriend Debbie Thompson (Tawny Kitaen), so his friends Jay O'Neill (Adrian Zmed), Dr. Stan Gassko (William Tepper), Rudy (Barry Diamond), Gary (Gary Grossman), Brad Mollen (Gradford Bancroft) and Ryko (Michael Dudikoff) decide to host him a Bachelor Party at a high-class hotel. All the usual hijinks with strippers and drugs and the men's wives/girlfriends being concerned and attempting to spy on them ensue, plus; Debbie's father (George Grizzard) does not think Rick is good enough for her, so he sends her ex-boyfriend Cole Whittier (Robert Prescott) to the party to try and murder him.
This film provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: The band they get for the party sings the song "Why Do Good Girls Like Bad Boys?"
- All Men Are Perverts
- Beehive Hairdo: The girl band called the Beehives.
- Berserk Button: "STANNN!!! YOU LYING DOG! You said no HOOKERS (punch), no HOOKERS (punch), no HOOKERS!!!"
- Bestiality Is Depraved: Max the Magical Sexual Mule and Miss Desiree.
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Cole.
- Bungled Suicide: a supporting character, despondent over his girlfriend dumping him, tries to slash his wrists...with an electric shaver.
- He gets worse when the donkey overdoses and he blames himself.
- Butt Monkey: Gary. He hooks up with a transvestite hooker, for one thing.
- Car Cushion: Cole falls, like, 20 stories and winds up butt-first in the sunroof of a car. Neither he, the passengers nor the car suffer any kind of damage, but the passengers end up literally kissing the guy's ass.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Brad.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Debbie's rich, stuck-up father absolutely hates Rick.
- Deadpan Snarker: Rick.
- Digital Head Swap An early non-CGI Rick is conflicted about sleeping with another woman before his wedding and sees several heads of his wife, his male friends, and a nun, superimposed upon the girl's naked torso, exhorting him to either do it or not, Floating Advice Reminder style.
- Does Not Like Men: Debbie's cousin Ileen. Subverted when she willingly offers herself to a room full of elderly Asian men.
- The Eighties
- '80s Hair
- Fanservice Extra: Monique Gabrielle. Holy Jebus. It takes a man who is extremely committed to his fiance to turn down sex with her.
- Gag Penis: There's a scene where a male stripper is paid to prank the bachelorette's friends by serving a "foot-long hot dog" in a restaurant.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Played with during the scene with Tracy.
- Henpecked Husband: Stan. It's implied that Brad is this way too.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Debbie and Rick's smoking hot ex, Tracy.
- Interrupted Suicide: Rick interrupts one of his friend's attempts of suicide by cutting his wrist with an electric razor.
- Jerk Jock: Cole.
- Literal Ass Kissing: The couple in the car kiss Cole's butt after he lands on their sunroof.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: All of Rick's friends, especially Rudy.
- Oh Crap: Rick when Debbie's father walks in on the donkey show.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Debbie's father gives Rick an extremely lengthy one.
- Time Skip: An inexplicable one near the end of the movie, where it goes from nighttime to the middle of the day.
- Slobs Versus Snobs
- Stag Party: Obviously.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: When the hooker Gary falls in love with pees standing up.