Before a magical girl received a power ring
, Shadow Crystal Mage
had another story. One of an equal amount of crossover insanity.
We all know the story: Voldemort
rises to power, he attacks a town on Halloween night, he murders two people, a ninja takes in their orphaned son...
is a crossover between, you guessed it, Harry Potter
. In it, the Yondaime Hokage adopts infant Harry as his son, with Jiraiya acting as godfather. After the Kyuubi attacks, things get... weird.
In his usual style, SCM uses the idea of Harry being Naruto's adopted brother and runs with it. Surprisingly, it breaks the usual tropes of Naruto
fanfiction, making something that is hilarious without sacrificing the plot. Quite the example of the inverse of Sturgeon's Law
Can be found here
This story provides examples of:
- Adaptational Badass: Harry grew up with ninja training and graduated as a genin before going to Hogwarts. On top of that, Anko is teaching him as his Jonin teacher.
- A Day in the Limelight: Naruto, Sasuke, and Myrtle get a chapter to themselves during the Triwizard Tournament arc.
- Angst: Mostly averted in the places where you'd most expect to see it - namely, with Sasuke and Harry.
- Ascended Extra: Hinata didn't play a large role, before the Chunin exams. The B-plot for the better half of the story is about Sasuke and Harry teaching her self-confidence.
- Moaning Myrtle also moves to Konoha.
- Badass Boast: Harry gets a pretty epic one, seen on Shadow Crystal Mage's own page.
- Berserk Button: Traitors and treachery. In fact, you could say that Sasuke's angst in original series is eaten up by him. Only God (and SCM-sama, of course) knows how his reaction when he found out about Dumbledore's plans.
- Harry's Dementor-induced button just so happens to be Itachi's betrayal. Surpisingly, Sasuke is much more mature about it while HARRY goes off the deep end.
- Big Brother Instinct: Harry to Naruto and Sasuke.
- Ron to Ginny in a hilarious way. She can only go to the Yule Ball with Harry (who is also taking 3 other girls) if Harry agrees Ginny is the "number one girl". Harry calmly un-invites the others, invites Ginny as his number one, and reinvites the others, placating Ron.
- Canon Welding: Another staple for a SCM story. So it turns out that the Order of the Phoenix actually hired Konoha ninjas to fight for them during the first war. Huh...
- The Casanova: Again Harry. He teaches the Gryffindor boys how to properly flirt with both the Beauxbaton girls and the girls in their house.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Harry's normally this, but where there are Catgirls involved, it goes Up to Eleven.
- He gets Lavender to agree to be his fourth date to the Yule Ball by assuring her he'll help hook her up with dates 2 & 3 (the Patil twins). Lavender is thrilled.
- Combat Pragmatist: Oh. My. Fucking. God.
- An interesting version of this crops up during the Triwizard Tournament—Harry convinces the other three champions that they should all work together and help each together to drastically decrease their chances of dying. This ends up making the first and second tasks totally awesome.
- Crack Fic: Not in the original sense. The spelling, grammar and plot all make perfect sense. But when Harry Potter is a ninja pervert, who gets revenge on Anko, his Jonin sensei, by hiring female lap-dancers for her... little else can describe it.
- Crossover: Erm... yeah
- Fire-Forged Friends: The four champions after the first task. Literally, due to the dragons.
- For Want of a Nail: Harry and Naruto take Sasuke in after the Uchila Massacre. This means he's NOT the revenge-focused psychopath we know of, but rather a calm, ramen-obsessed boy. This has, in no way, affected his fangirls. He also still has traitors as a pet peeve.
- Gilligan Cut: When Harry finds out about the Mizuki incident, he immediately starts planning how to kill the guy. Cut to Iruka asking Sirius to Apparate them into the prison so he can kill Mizuki. Thankfully Sirius has a much better revenge plan, which Iruka takes to.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Harry feels the need to remind everyone that he is "not gay" every other chapter.
- I Am Spartacus: Fleur, Viktor, and Cedric when the champions are accused of cheating by working together. Harry tried but the three casually dismiss his involvement, despite it being obvious.
- I Love the Dead: Harry and Moaning Myrtle.
- Improbable Age: Harry's been working in the porn industry (editing Jiraiya's books) since before he could write, apparently.
- I Owe You My Life: Draco to Harry during third year. Draco is notably not happy about it and saves Harry's life in return as soon as he can so they're even.
- Noodle Incident: Just about everything Harry does to get his name into the Goblet of Fire. Most of which includes...
- Paper Fan of Doom: Hermione uses one on Harry whenever he acts perverted. Snape tries to get one but finds out it's custom-made.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Harry's got some In-Universe when Hermione briefly turns into a Cat Girl because of a mishap with Polyjuice Potion.
- Refuge in Audacity: Iruka, Sirius, Hinata, and Ayame planning revenge/death on Mizuki...right in front of the Hokage, who lampshades it.
- Rules Lawyer: The Four Champions, when they point out no one said they had to compete against each other, the official rules say only to participate, as well as the fact that the tournament was originally formed to forge bonds between schools—so they are totally justified in working together.
- Though they admit that now there's likely going to be a new rule so they can't claim that again.
- Sadist Teacher: Anko
- Sound Effect Bleep: Played with since the beginning. Except for chapter 20, all swearing is rendered as (BLEEP). Only Luna Lovegood notices, but when she points it out no one knows what she means.
- Training from Hell: Anko's training of Harry.