Fan Fic / Daysof Autumn
P3: Days of Autumn
is a fanfiction written by CipherPrinceofDreamsnote
. It takes place a few months after the game, Minato has just broken up with Yukari and met a new girl named Minako Arisato (no relation), who becomes his best friend. Minato starts to struggle with his emotions of which girl he likes more, so a love triangle
is formed creating Yukari/Minato/Minako. It is the second of the P3: Days of Series, succeeding Ciphers first hit, Days of Summer, starring a love triangle of Yukari/Minato/Mitsuru. Days of Autumn is the predecessor to Chipher's new fic, Days of Winter, where the love triangle pairing is heavily hinted to be Minako/Minato/Mitsuru.
This fic focuses heavily on friendship romance and love triangles. It also features the two Arisato's good friends, Rio and Kenji, as well as the cast of Persona 3, with a few cameos from P4 as well. It follows the adventures of Minato and Minako, and their failed attampts of having a normal schoolyear. When strange things begin to occur, they realize that their days of normalcy have been long gone.
Days of Tropes:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Elder's upgraded version of Lucifer's Blade cut through a thicket of trees, even though they didn't make contact.
- Affably Evil: While being rude, concieted and sardonic, Cato shows a generally polite and courteous attitude toward Minato and his friends that contradict his usually nasty attitude to everyone. Examples are even after Minato traps him in a Port-o-potty and rolls it down the hill, steals his car and sets it on fire and exposes Cato's involvement with the false sex tape he made in order to expel Minako and Minato he still remained honorable and didn't hold any outright grudge against him or got revenge, although, the creation of the sex tape WAS a plan of revenge Cato shows to be a nice guy, if he wasn't bad.
- Ambiguously Gay: Quan shows a more effeminine side, often compared as a male Rise and has homoerotic tendencies, even went far as to have 'ambiguous' sex with Lee.
- Ancestral Weapon: Deus Xiphos is heavily hinted to be a sword handed down from father to son, as it chooses its owner by birth, meaning Minato may be a direct descendant of Messiah, St. Michael or whoever was the first owner of the sword.
- Ancient Artifact: Minato's weapons, notably Deus Xiphos and Lucifer's Blade, are in fact Legendary Weapons that have unnatural powers that involve both Holy and Dark arts.
- Arch-Enemy: Elder, the mysterious foe of Minato, somehow wants to kill him and take his power for reasons unknown. It is safe to say he is Minato's nemesis for this story.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Cato often claims to be of noble birth, and since he is evil, he is definitely qualified for this trope.
- Badass Adorable: Lee, while being a hardcore, smack talking veteran who carries around a gun and generally awesome guy, has a softer side, such as when he cried when Minako teased him and asked Minato for a hug during a cold winter night.
- Bad Boss: Sensei, Elder's Master, abuses him verbally and even ordered him to whip himself'
- Beach Episode: Minato and the boys ditch a boring tour by
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Minako becomes great and lifelong friends with Minato after Minato shows her great kindness and compassion in the first few chapters.
- Best Served Cold: Minato gets revenge on Cato for kidnapping him by rolling the port-o-potty Cato was using down a hill, and take note that the latrine has not been emptied.
- Being Good Sucks: Minato gives up about 9,000¥ of his salary after using the money to buy food for three hungry people in Christmas.
- BFS: Elder's Lucifer's Blade after powered up by his Devil's Blood.
- Big Bad Ensemble: Elder, Sensei and Guardian. Each have multiple roles within their group, such as:
- Big Bad: Elder, defacto leader of the group.
- The Dragon: Guardian, the group's muscle.
- Evil Genius: Sensei, the brains and mentor of the group.
- Big Eater: Minako and Minato.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Minako and Yukari.
- Body Horror: Hundreds of citizens in a nearby city had been brutally murdered by Elder and Guardian. Some had been mutilated to the point of nonrecognition.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Rio, or sometimes Lee, are both shown to be the two all around bruisers, with Rio being strong for a girl and Lee being in control... Most of the time.
- Blade Lock: At one point of the fight, Elder and Minato locked two swords opposed against each other and it cracked the ground and caused the air to become unstable.
- Black Cloak: Elder wears a black trench coat that masks his identity. Sensei wears a similar one, except it is all white.
- Black Knight: Elder is shown to be an extremely and very frighteningly powerful foe, even knocking down Minato, who is the strongest Persona user, down by physical means alone. And when he "does" use Messiah, Elder manages to reflect the Morning Star back to him. He is also annoyingly mysterious.
- Black Magic: Elder is shown to have made a deal with Lucifer to gain his ungodly powers, but needs several outlets to strengthen himself, such as:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Countless times, Minato and his friends discuss games and fanfiction that are actually about them, such as when Junpei joked that Minako and Rise sounded the same and speculated she and Rise had the same voice actress, to which Minako said, "So not funny, Iori" , or when Minato and Junpei [[spoiler: got in a heated debate about which Persona game is better.
- Chekhov's Armory: Minato's hideout, Narda is also where he stashes his weapons from his fighting days.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Naoto when "she" fangirls in front of Raidou when she sees him.
Raidou Kuzunoha: I can see why... The boy is an absolute lunatic!"
- Cool Old Lady: Grandma, affectionately called by Minato, encourages Minato to pursue his romance with Minako to the point of giving Minato her beautiful and exquisite Promise Ring given by her husband years ago and giving him sage advice in the matters of love.
- Cool Sword: Deus Xiphos (Xiphos) and Lucifer's Blade (a rapier-turned-zwëhander,) have been shown to be totally cool swords.
- Cryptic Conversation: Elder and Sensei, two very insidious and powerful beings, often engage in very cryptic talk, often in regards with the Messiah, Minato.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Most, if not everyone, in the story have a troubled past, such as Lee who is supported by an unnamed scholarship, probably Armed Forces Scholarship, and has no family to speak of, except a dead stepfather he wanted to kill], Minako [[spoiler: whose parents died picking her up from practice and she has been tossed from one abusive relative to another, usually getting their abuse thrown back at them by Minako Quan and Pinky who have been expelled for reasons unknown, supposedly caused by Cato's recklessness.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Most of the cast's parents are dead. Notably, Minako, who died in a car accident en route to pick her up, Lee his parents are supposedly dead.
- Dream Land: Minato has visions about Elder in a strange location that is generally unknown.
- Eldritch Location: The Astronomy Tower transforms into The Tower of Babel at Elder's command.
- Extreme Omnivore: Minako, and to some extent, Minato, will eat anything.
- Evil Counterpart: Minato's nemesis, Elder, seems to have the exact same powers as he does, even owning Lucifer's Blade, the counterpart of Deus Xiphos.
- Evil Mentor: Sensei, the teacher of Elder, is shown to possess an able mind, a quick wit and a sharp tongue as well. He is also implied to be incredibly powerful.
- Face Palm: Quan does this after Pinky mistakenly thinks he was talking about her when Minato and Quan discuss about the singer, Pink.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Elder is supposedly handsome, yet has a very cunning and dark mindset.
- Fake Brit: Cato, a half-British, often speaks with a faux British accent to imply his pedigree and noble birth.
- First Kiss: Minato kisses Minako after he knew the possibility of losing Minako to Quan at a party was very high.
- Foreshadowing: Minato dreams of Elder and his devious and usually halfbrained plans to kill Minato and it implies several battles to come.
- Forged by the Gods: Deus Xiphos and Lucifer's Blade.
- Gang of Bullies: Cato led a gang, or more accurately, a posse, to harrass Minato and his friends until Quan and Pinky turn on them and became friends with Minato.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The boys caught Minato talking to Naoto and talk with "him", with Lee even asking "him" to fight Quan with him.
Minato Arisato: "Oh crap! You're doomed! There's a bunch of things I know they're about to notice!"
—Minato to Naoto.
- Gilligan Cut: When Minato was caught peeping, Minako tells him to strip in the street, to which he objects. Seconds later, he is standing in the street, half-naked.
- Girl of My Dreams: Minato meets Minako in an elevator and he feels a twinge of kindred spirits with her. Due to a twist of fate, they meet in school and become classmates, setting the stage for their crazy adventures and eventual whirlwind romance.
- Girl Next Door: Coincidentally, Minato and Minako become neighbors and Minako eventually develops a crush on Minato, and likewise with Minato.
- Girly Bruiser: Minako, while being a pretty girly girl at times, is also shown to be an able fighter as well.
- Heel–Face Turn: Quan and Pinky turned on Cato and his gang when Cato became increasingly vengeful against Minato and stayed with Minato even after his grudge had passed.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Interestingly, Minato, the 'hero' of the story likes Minako, a redheaded girl.
- Even though Quan isn't the hero of the story, he has a thing for red heads.
- Hot Springs Episode
- Hypocritical Humor: Lee insults the superstitious rumors and dismisses the Astronomy Tower rumors, yet becomes scared when Minato suggests they investigate it. The cast also frequently insult games, fanfiction and stories that is actually a representation of themselves, deriding it as "unrealistic" and "phony".
- Quan and Pinky questioned Cato of his change of heart, despite the fact they themselves were the same.
- I Like Swords: Minato is shown to keep several keepsake weapons in his secret room. He has quite the collection of it.
- I Owe You My Life: Quan saved Minako's life and she repays him by going out on a date with him.
- Indy Ploy: When Kenji frantically asked for the Plan of escape at the hot springs...
Kenji Tomochika: We need a plan.
Minato Arisato: That !!WAS Plan A! Trying to prevent "!!THIS!"
Kenji Tomochika: We need a Plan B then!
Junpei Iori: Forget Plan B, we need a Plan C, D, E, F, G and all the 20 other letters of the alphabet!
—When they were cornered by the angry girls at the Hot Springs.
- Just for Fun: Minato and friends steals Cato's car and trashed up up before shooting it with guns and incinerating it with Molotov Cocktails and Minato going on a joyride and causing mass mayhem, even shooting a police cruiser with a paintballgun.
- Klingon Promotion: When Elder kills the Demon Lord of Time he gains all his subsequent powers.
Isil-Dûr: My son, my son, what are you doing?!
Elder: Succeeding you.
- Lawful Stupid: Mr. Ekoda tried to get Minato and Minako expelled, even though the evidence was not substantial enough to justify it.
- Little Miss Badass: Minako is shown to have a somewhat cheerful, sarcastic and very strong-willed attitude, and at times can get fierce, such as when she threatened to anally rape Lee when he suggested Minako had a crush on him and mercilessly bullied Lee to tears when he recounted his crossdressing contests in the army. She is also credited for the theft of Cato's car.
- Mad Scientist: Elder is shown to be a proficient scientist, experimenting on unwilling subjects, possibly captured.
- Mental Fusion: Minato gains insight into Elder's mind after Elder steals Minato's sword, Lucifer's Blade, but strangely enough, Elder cannot do the same.
- Messianic Archetype: Minato Arisato
- Molotov Cocktail: Minato and friends uses this to torch Cato's car after they highjack it.
- Multiple Endings: The latest chapter of which is a HUGE, MASSIVE, EXTREMELY HEARTBREAKING Downer Ending.
- Not What It Looks Like: Minato and Minako's fake sex tape.
- When the girls mistakenly enter the hot springs, they thoughht the boys peeped on them.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Minato impaled Elder with Lucifer's Blade, but it only served to enhance it's overall effectiveness after Elder's blood touched the sword.
- Nightmare Sequence: Minato gets these a lot, especially after Elder wields Lucifer's Blade.
- Oh, Crap!: This happens several times. Such as when Minako caught Minato peeping on him, she takes revenge... Minako style! and when the girls caught the boys in the hot springs, supposedly peeping on them and punishes Lee and Quan, who failed to escape with Minato, Junpei and Kenji.
- One Steve Limit: Minato and Minako have the same sounding names, except for one letter. They even have the same last names!
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Deus Xiphos and Lucifer's Blade may only be held by chosen wielders.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Elder's disguise is merely a trench coat and a hood. It's obvious who he really is.
- Pet the Dog: Minato gives a child a cake for Christmas after the child drops his cake.
- Power at a Price: Elder sacrifices souls just to sate his soulstealing sword's hunger.
- Supervillain Lair: Astronomy Tower A.K.A. Tower of Babel.
- The Cameo: Features many of these, prominently Naoto Shirogane of Persona 4 and Raidou Kuzunoha of Devil Summoner, Hwoarang and Lili of Tekken.
- The Dark Arts: Elder has many Dark Magical powers at his disposal, and it is implied he is proficient in it.
- Troll: Minako trolls Minato after he asks her out to a Christmas Party. After seemingly saying no, she sends him a text:
Minako Arisato: dude, a rilly handsum blu hared emo dood asked me to da dance nd im gonna say yes. Hihihihihi!
Minato Arisato: You're such a troll, you know that right?
- Minato after Minako sends him text.
- Minato shows a trollish side of him.
Minato Arisato: "Minako...I... I want to ask you something and I need you to be totally and utterly honest with me."
Minako Arisato: "I will. I swear."
Minato Arisato: "It might be awkward after this, but I need to know how you feel... Okay, I've been keeping this inside for a while but now I need to confront you about it. I really hope this doesn't ruin the relationship we already have...I really need to know and I don't see any other way to do it. It's not fair for me if you don't give me an answer... "I want you to tell me truthfully and honestly, no matter what happens, that you give me your honest opinion... Do you know the Muffin Man?"
- Unholy Holy Sword: Lucifer's Blade.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Minato and Minako have a tangible sexual tension and it's screaming to be released in the later chapters.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Minato tells Minako he doesn't want to kiss her, but changes his mind and says it was a compliment that he would kiss her rather than dying, to which she promptly kicks him out of the car.
- Will They or Won't They?: Minako and Minato. They Do.
- Would Hurt a Child: Elder and his sick experiments.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Minato.