Fan Fic / Repairs
"Repairs", by Thunderchin, is a Metroid Fan Fiction
Picking up from the ending of Metroid: Fusion
, Samus is left on the run for her actions aboard the Biologic Space Laboratories. Adam picks up a distress call from the nearby planet SR-666, and Samus hitches a ride with him to the planet. Once on the surface, they realize they can barely communicate over the comms interference, and worse, they've been tracked by an elite unit called "The Warmongers" using Samus's own Chozo technology against her.
This fic can be found here
, though it's not yet finished.
Repairs provides examples of:
- Abandoned Laboratory: One's been explored so far.
- Action Girl: Her breastplate is more appropriately named than you thought.
- Arm Cannon: One of eight pieces of her suit she has to repair.
- Apocalyptic Log: The scans Samus runs across.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Coming soon.
- Backtracking: The chapter "All That Remains" isn't appended "Part 1" for nothing, after all.
- Bag of Spilling: Her suit is fried by the Warmongers' Neutralizer weapon, though, slightly differently from the games in the series, Samus still has use of her abilities after the fact. She just has to be really careful.
- Bee People: Though this part has yet to be written.
- Big Bad: There will be.
- Body Horror: The "Infected" as so far seen.
- Broken Bridge: Many, many of them, though most have yet to be seen.
- Charged Attack: Charge Beam, the beam combos, the Shinespark.
- Chekhov's Skill
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: In-universe, many of Samus's items. Justified in that she needs to be able to know which bar corresponds to what piece of her suit.
- Continuity Nod: Planned additions as writing continues.
- Convection Schmonvection: Quite painfully averted. Let's hope she gets the Varia Suit fixed before going into that volcano in the distance.
- Cool Starship: Adam, her AI assistant, lives in this ship. Samus will get to upgrade the ship's abilities a la Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
- Cute Bruiser: Samus herself.
- Darker and Edgier: Think "Metroid zombie apocalypse."
- Dead Fic: Not quite, though at times it seems like it.
- Down the Drain: There is a lake nearby. Samus will take a dip one of these chapters...
- Dummied Out: Lots of things. The author's been working on this for eighteen months and is on his third rewrite after all.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Potentially. It's impossible to know when and where an ability will finish auto-repairing.
- Equipment-Based Progression
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Screw Attack.
- Expanded Universe: There are glimpses of things that happened behind the scenes of the games.
- Experience Points: Kinda sorta with the Repair progresses of each item. They'd be experience points if this were actually a video game. But it's not, so Samus just has to make do with waiting.
- Faceship: Averted. Samus keeps the purple loaner from Fusion. And upgrades it.
- The Federation: The Galactic Federation. The Warmongers they send are but a piece of it.
- Foreboding Architecture
- Freeze Ray: The Ice Beam, usable once Samus repairs an Arm Cannon slot for it.
- Genius Bruiser: Samus to an extent. She still doesn't like technobabble, though.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: Grapple Beam. It'll attach to anything once fully repaired.
- Heroic Mime: Averted.
- The Horde: The Infected
- Just Following Orders: Anthony, until out of sight of his Federation superiors. He took the mission to get to and help Samus.
- Left Hanging: Something the author is trying to tie up.
- Lethal Lava Land: Maybe. *sniff* Maybe.
- Le Parkour: Just wait.
- Meaningful Name: Repairs. For more than one reason.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Samus vs. The Warmongers
- One Woman Army: Samus.
- Posthumous Character: Adam, ship's AI.
- Powered Armor: Samus's suit.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Resisting arrest so she can find out what's going on on SR-666.
- Sequel Hook: Grabbing the Fusion one which has been hanging in the water for eleven years to date.
- Shout-Out: To Star Fox 64
Adam: I can't shake him!
- Space Marines: The Warmongers, using Samus's own technology against her.
- Sprint Shoes: Speed Booster.
- Survival Horror
- The Galactic Federation
- The Undead
- Wall Jump: See the Le Parkour entry.
- Zombie Apocalypse