Fanfic: Overcomingthe Clashing Tides
Overcoming The Clashing Tides is a Pokémon Anime/Special crossover
fanfiction by DemigodWitch96
The story begins with Ariana, one of Team Rocket's admins proposing an alliance with all of the crime syndicates except Team Plasma. They all accept and Ariana quickly orders the kidnapping of six children of the Dex Holders. Too bad they never saw a group of interfering kids rescuing them coming...
- Aerith and Bob: Basically, all of the second generation Dex Holders.
- Alternate Timeline: Apparently, the Dex Holders' kids and the anime gang's kids were never meant to meet.
- Originally, the Dex Holders and the anime gang were from different dimensions. But after Cyrus messed with Palkia and Dialga, trying to create his own world, it forced the two dimensions to collide. However, Arceus managed to fix it, but there is now a dimension where the Dex Holders and the anime gang exist side by side.
- Badass Family: The Fawkes family.
- Battle Couple: Auburn and Jade.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Jay/Ashley and Cobalt/Alex.
- First thought to be the case with Pyrite/Lena, but is shown later on that they get along just fine.
- Berserk Button: Almost everybody has one!
- Beware the Nice Ones: Citrine.
- Childhood Friends: All of the second generation Pokédex Holders are one group.
- Ashley, Drake, Lewis, Kyle, and Alex are another.
- Can't forget about Maria, Jay, and Lizzie.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Averted with the anime kids.
- Royalshipping (Mercury x Ame) and Forestshipping (Jet x Citrine)
- Annnnd Auburn and Jade.
- Covert Pervert: BRONZE.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Courtesy of Citrine.
- Deadpan Snarker: Alex, of course.
- Drake's got his moments, too.
- Jasper seems to be joining the club.
- Death by Childbirth: Ruby's birth mother died in childbirth.
- Elemental Powers: MARIA.
- Everyone Can See It: Jay and Ashley, Jet and Citrine, Jade and Auburn...
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Alex owned a Piplup, a gift from her parents right before she left for the Sinnoh region. It eventually evolved off-screen into Prinplup and later Empoleon in the prequel.
- Fingerless Gloves: Alex owns a black pair, a gift from Lizzie for her birthday.
- Four Girl Ensemble: Ashley, Maria, Alex, and Lizzie.
- Heroic Lineage: Ashley and Maria.
- Ashley is an Aura Guardian in training.
- Maria can use water as a weapon.
- Hold Your Hippogriffs
- Hopeless Suitor: Sorry, Jonah.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: Ashley does this to Drake after he and Maria start dating.
- In the Blood: Almost of all the characters has the same personality as one of their parents.
- In the Hood: The Resistance's spy is seen wearing one.
Em: Is the cloak really necessary?
- Long-Lost Relative: Waaaay too many to count.
- The Medic: Citrine, duh.
- Moment Killer: Ashley killed a fluffy moment between Drake and Maria.
- Jasper pulled this with Pyrite and Lena.
- Nice Guy: Drake, of course.
- Well, he is growing a spine, now.
- Mercury used to be this.
- Ninja: Alex and Drake..
- Non-Human Sidekick: All of the Pokémon!
- Not So Stoic: Alex.
- Oh My Gods!: Oh my [insert random legendary pokemon]
- Oblivious to Love: CITRINE.
- Heck, even Ashley.
- Heck, even Drake to an extent.
- Older Than They Look: Citrine.
- She got it from Yellow but it's not as severe. She's sixteen, but can pass as a thirteen-year-old.
- Original Character: All of the main characters!
- Psychic Powers: Citrine and Jet. Citrine can heal and talk to Pokemon and Jet can only talk...
- Puberty Superpower: Ashley and Maria both got a special ability for their sixteenth birthday.
- The Quiet One: JET.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni:
- Ashley is the red. Alex is the blue.
- Running Gag: The author seems to be hinting at one in the second arc.
- Whenever any of the main character mentions a slang word from their time, it earns them odd looks.
- SavvyGuy EnergeticGirl: Eventually this is how Bronze and Lizzie's relationship is going to be. And maybe Mercury and Amethyst.
- Say My Name: Ashley seems to enjoy doing this.
- "JAY!" Cue head bash from baseball bat and Jay yelling in pain.
- Secret Legacy: The Ketchum twins had no idea that they were descendants of Sir Aaron.
- Or that Ashley could use Aura .
- Or that Maria could bend water.
- Also, most of the future gang had no idea they were the kids of the Dex Holders.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: *coughs* Almost every couple in the story.
- Jay and Ashley have admitted they do have feelings for each other but whenever an outsider points this out... Cue, death glares and denials.
- It doesn't happen often with Bronze and Lizzie, but it's there.
- Shout-Out: Many
- Bronze: He has blue hair, his name is BRONZE, and he's the genius of the group. He just screams Ravenclaw
- Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Shiro: [[Persona3 I've been waiting for this]].
Amethyst: [[Persona3 I'll execute you.]]
- Shut up Hannibal: Ghetsis has been the target of this trope many, many times.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Many of the siblings in the story are this.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Sir Aaron, yes that Sir Aaron, got the younger sister of Queen Rin pregnant, and that baby grew up to marry into the Ketchum family, making Maria and Ashley descendants of the Rota royals and Sir Aaron.
- Stalker with a Crush: Remember Conway from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?
- He returns and reveals that he is Rory's adoptive father.
- And did I forget to mention that he still has an, ah, interest in Dawn?
- The Stoic: Jet has his moments.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Many of the characters resemble one of their parents.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Ashley and Maria.
- Suggestive Collision: Cobalt and Alex in the second chapter. He fell on her, and well, accidentally groped her.
- In Cobalt's defense, it was an accident.
- Alex didn't even care about his apology. She just punched him.
Cobalt: *stammers an apology*
Alex: *punches him*
Cobalt: What was that for?!
Alex: For being a pervert.
- Hm, that may be a reason why things went so downhill after that.
- Supreme Chef: Ashley grew up learning how to cook from her grandmother, Delia. In the prologue, Mercury is mentioned to have inherited Dia's skills in the kitchen.
- Time Travel: The main characters are now stuck in the past... When their parents just got together. Awkward... And some of the parents aren't even together...
- Now they're in the distant future. Oh yeah, have I mentioned that the new government is anti-Pokemon?
- Tomboy: Ashley, in a way and so is Alex, even though Dawn makes her wear skirts sometimes. Maria is between from a tomboy and girly girl.
- Two Girls and a Guy: Plenty of examples.
- First, Ashley, Alex, and Drake. The three of them were childhood friends and very close.
- Same with Maria, Jay, and Lizzie.
- Paul and Dawn's kids count too.
- Technically, Ash and Misty's kids would count too, but Danny is too young.
- Ruby and Sapphire's children fulfill this trope.
- Two Guys and a Girl:
- There's Diamond and Platinum's children, but since Copper is dead now, it doesn't really count.
- Red and Yellow have three children, Auburn, Jasper, and Citrine.
- There's also Green and Blue's kids, Jade, Cobalt, and Sora.
- Mangaquest kids: Pyrite, Bronze, and Opal.
- Silver and Kotone's kids, Thallium, Jet, and Garnet.
- Can't forget Drew and May's kids, Jay, Lizzie, and Thomas.
- Unrequited Love Lasts Forever: Poor Mercury.
- The Unreveal: Not a lot of people were shocked that Auburn and Jade were the kids of Red & Yellow and Green & Blue respectively.
- Averted when Opal reveals that there were more missing kids.
- Uptight Loves Wild: Gender Flipped.
- Alex Shinji: smart, strategical, and super serious.
- Cobalt Oak: easy going, enjoys teasing Alex, and is basically a male version of Blue.
- You do the math.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Ashley and Alex all the way.
- World of Badass: ...Nah.
- You Really Need A Girlfriend: Bronze gets this sometimes.
Kyle: Wow. You really need a girlfriend.
Bronze: I DO NOT!
Kyle: Yes, you do. You're waaaay too uptight.
Bronze: *eye twitches*
- Opal said this to him, but Bronze assumed something else...
- Younger Than They Look: Jax.