It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Fan Fic: Misadventure To A Tripolar World
"It was supposed to be easy. Get in, establish a forward presence, falsify some documents and set up a listening post of sorts. How did it come to this?"Misadventure to a Tri-Polar World
is a Alternate History
Timeline created by Altenate history diplomat which started in AlternateHistory.com
The story focus on a parallel Earth based on Code Geass
. Unlike the Crapsack World
depicted in Code Geass
, the eponymous Tri-Polar World is relatively more nicer and benign
(but without Sakuradite and Geass) due to the illegitimate descendant of Queen Elizabeth I, the first Britannian Emperor Richard William Fitzroy Tudor, who was exiled to British North America and sided with the rebels in successfully winning against the British in the "Great American Rebellion"
. The present day, the world is divided between the Holy Britannian Empire
, the European-African Commonwealth
, and Asian-Pacific Federation
The main story begins in 2018, during a public live broadcast of a diplomatic conference between Britannia, the European-African Commonwealth, and the Asian-Pacific Federation held in Vienna when a large probe materialized, and depositing a team of researchers who are part of the Allied Universes, an interdimensional conglomerate of alternate Earths (which includes our's) who were initially sent to secretly study and evaluate the natives as potential members of the A.U. After diplomatic talks are quickly established, in which the Tri-Polar World becomes the 21st member of the A.U., the A.U. soon discovers the actual Code Geass universe.
Provides Examples Of:
- The Alliance: The Allied Universes (A.U.)
- Allohistorical Allusion
- The Southern Treason, or the Britannian Civil War.
- Japan, a member of the Asian Confederacy, carried out a surprise attack on the Britannian Naval Base at Pearl Harbor on 5th May 1952.
- The Falklands Crisis in which Argentina threatens to seize the Falklands from Britannia.
- The Nuremberg Laws grant recognition to all minorities in Europe to join the European Charter as observers.
- Alternate History
- Alternate Universe
- Balkanize Me: The Tripolar World has:
- The Nusantara Federation (Indonesia) is divided between the Malay League, Sumatran Conference, Bomean Union, Sulu Alliance, Straits of Sunda Pact, East Java Pact, Moluccas Alliance, and Nusa Tenggara.
- The Bharat Confederacy has the Maratha Confederacy, Mughal Empire, Deccan League, Bengal State, Sikh Empire, and etc.
- Mesopotamia is divided between Hashemite Kingdom of Jazira and State of Iraq.
- Big Brother Is Watching: It turns out in the reality of 1984 that there is no Big Brother. The other figureheads of Eurasia and Eastasia, the General Secretary and Emperor, is an impotent and a sham, respectively.
- Bring My Brown Pants: According to Cecilia, this is what happened to Archduke Highland when he met her and A.U. forces were overwhelming Petropavlovsk.
- Comic Books Are Real: The A.U., especially the OTL "Prime Universe," are aware that Code Geass, along with the worlds of The Domination and 1984, were fictional in their universe until discovering their existence.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The A.U.'s answer to the Knightframe, the "Walkers", which happen to be larger than the Mini-Mecha Knightmares, are tromping the Britannians in North Africa, Russia, and the Middle East after the A.U. began helping the European Union.
- Dystopia: The Allied Universes has so far encounter five totalitarian Earths:
- E.T. Gave Us Wi-Fi: The foundation of the Allied Universes began in the "Prime Universe" which in 2032 NASA discovered an object of unidentifiable and unexplained origin containing the blueprints to interdimensional travel along with the coordinates to seven Earths with no human civilization.
- The Evil Prince: 2nd Prince Andrew Harold, who ascended as Emperor Harold and was implied to be behind the assassination of his father and brother, Emperor William James and Crown Prince Edward Louis.
- Expy: Crown Prince Frederick George's life almost mirrored Lelouch's.
- Also Emperor Edward follow the same reformation policies in Britannia as FDR.
- False Flag Operation: Frederick George's gambit in overthrowing Emperor Geoffrey involves the backing of several European nations by convincing Denmark to "losing" Greenland by Britannian invasion to create a casus belli for most of Europe to declare war on Britannia. Predictably, Emperor Geoffrey ordered his navy to seize Greenland (which in reality was bought by Brazil), and leaving him vulnerable for Frederick's revolutionaries and Brazilian forces to attack New Haven and capturing Geoffrey.
- Fictional Political Party: Tripolar Britannia has the Social Party, Royalist Party, and Purity Party alongside the Democratic and Conservative Parties.
- The Good King: Tripolar Britannian Emperor Richard William Fitzroy Tudor, aka "Good King Richard", who was very tolerant with the Native Americans, helped the rebels in winning the Great American Rebellion and establishing a more tolerant and radical version of the America Constitution, which even allows women the same political rights as men's and ensuring for an inevitable end to slavery.
- Also the current Emperor Charles I Albert.
- Genre Shift: Most of the story begins as a historical documentary of the Tripolar World, then shifts to first inter-dimensional contact between the Tripolar states and Allied Universes, and the make-up of the A.U. itself, and finally a crossover into the Code Geass universe.
- Government Agency of Fiction:
- Interdimensional Research and Transportation Authority: Monitors and regulates the flow of trade and movement of people across the different dimensions, so as to prevent the depletion of natural resources and manpower, keeping the status quo balanced among the realities.
- Interdimensional Research and Transportation Institute: Studying and learning the various realities' culture and history, and training a generation of diplomats, politicians and academics.
- Ashcroft-Narenda Foundation: Analyzing and categorizing the number of realities, and acting protector and caretaker for realities that chose not join the A.U. or do not match the criteria of joining the A.U. in terms of economic and societal advancement.
- The House Of Tudor: The Tripolar House of Tudor is survived by its illegitimate branch, the House of Britannia-Braganza.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Mecha: The A.U.'s "Walkers".
- Interdimensional Travel Device: The Prime Universe earlier used a smaller portal system with diameters of 1.5 meters to allow interdimensional travel. Further discovery in the alien object allowed the construction of larger portals.
- Land Down Under: Tripolar Australia fought for its independence from the British Empire and is declared as the Republic of New Albion in 1890.
- Made of Explodium: Lampshaded by the A.U. over the Knightmare Frame's glaring tendencies to explode due to how volatile Sakuradite is. The IRTI placed a moratorium on using Sakuradite. As possibly a nod to Turn 18, Cecilia actually punched a Knightmare to cause it to explode.
- Manifest Destiny: Tripolar Britannia's quest is to fulfill its manifest destiny of "sea to shining sea, pole to shimmering pole" via "soft" power. Britannia really did filled out its commitment without lifting a finger, except for Argentina during the Falklands Crisis, which (ironically) happens to be the last and only nation to fell under Britannia's sphere of influence by war of conquest.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Universes 7-20 are the settings depicted in the original stories in AlternateHistory.com.
- Mirror Universe: The Tripolar World (the good one) to Code Geass.
- The Multiverse
- The Allied Universes has so far documented 57 alternate realities (including the Prime Universe). The Tri-Polar World is the 34th reality to be contacted by the Allied Universes, yet is the the 55th to be officially brought into the fold. The reasons for the large alliances is due to the A.U.'s war against the Universe of the Domination of the Draka and other dystopian realities.
- Universe 1-Alpha: Codename “Loggerheads” - the Warsaw Pact survived to the early 21st Century and the Cold War never ended when the A.U. made contact in 2020.
- Universe 2-Alpha: Codename “N-Eagle” - Napoleon Bonaparte didn't invade Russia, thus Napoleonic France didn't fall and became the most influential nation in Europe.
- Universe 3-Alpha: Codename “Basileus” - the Byzantine Empire survived.
- Universe 4-Alpha: Codename “Zarathustra” - Zoroastrianism became a more popular mainstream religion and is the state religion of the Parthianid Dynasty.
- Universe 5-Alpha: “Großdeutschland” - the War of the Austrian Succession never occurred as Frederick the Great of Prussia instead propose a marriage of convenience to Empress Maria of Austria, and the House of Hohenzollern dominates European affairs.
- Universe 6-Alpha: “Tawantinsuyu” - the Incan Empire survived Spanish conquest.
- Universe 21-Alpha: Tripolar World.
- Universe 34-Alpha: World of Code Geass.
- Name's the Same: Tripolar Britannia only gained the "Holy" part because of Emperor Frederick George's altercation with the Anglican Church over his marriage with Catholic Maria Amélia and subsequently forming the Unity Church of Britannia-Brazil, causing some to derisively call Britannia the "Holy Britannian Empire" and its name came into daily use. Furthermore, Britannia isn't a theocracy as the Unity Church doesn't has any influence over the Britannian government.
- The Area System, officially known as the System of Viceroyalties, unlike renaming conquered countries, just formalizes Britannia's informal soft-hegemony over its dominions. In other words, the nations are completely autonomous and kept their names while remaining loyal to Britannia. The roles of Viceroy assigned to the "Areas" are mainly ceremonial, but acts as the Emperor's representative to the state; though the events leading up to the Falklands Crisis, there were complaints that the Viceroys were slightly overstepping their bounds in day-to-day governance. The Area System is eventually abolished after learning how distastefully similar to their Code Geass counterpart.
- No Sell: Geass DOESN'T work on people not native to the Code Geass universe. This is quickly discover during the first meeting between the Special Services Team and Lelouch, much to everyone's surprise.
- This is also how Mao discovered and gets captured by the S.S.T.
- Not What It Looks Like: Ambassador Chen gets into forced body-search by Cornelia when she activated a homing beacon for the S.S.T. to find them at a "compromising position".
- Nuke 'em: This is the fate of the Drakas.
- Oh, Crap: The IRTI team's reaction when they interrupt the Vienna meeting ("……Oh……Ah fudgeberries.").
- Point Of Divergence: The Tripolar World diverged from OTL when Queen Elizabeth I have her illegitimate son.
- Richard Nixon the Used Car Salesman:
- Tripolar James Buchanan was the Britannian Prime Minister in the late 1830's and resigned in disgrace after failing to prevent the Britannian Civil War.
- Tripolar versions of Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant were the Britannian Prime Minister and general, respectively in 1845.
- Tripolar Napoleon Bonaparte is known as Napoleone di Buonaparte and became the Duke of Milan. The equivalent to the Napoleonic Code is the Lombard Laws.
- Princess Maria Amélia of Brazil lived decades longer and married to Emperor Frederick George.
- Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. fills in the historical role of his father, Theodore Roosevelt, and helped Frederick George in the Glorious Revolution.
- Mohandas Gandhi lead societal and caste reforms in Bharat, but still gets assassinated by a Hindu fanatic.
- Rightful King Returns: Crown Prince Frederick George who regains the Britannian throne from Emperor Geoffrey "the Mad" in what is known as the Glorious Revolution.
- Scrapbook Story
- The Reveal: The existence of the multiverse is publicly revealed to the world of Code Geass when the newly liberated Japan is declared a member of the A.U.
- The Stations of the Canon: So far the Special Services Team have allow certain events to happen in Code Geass, mainly the rise of the Black Knights. However, they do alter the most important events:
- Clovis is secretly taken captive by the Special Services Team, who interrupted at the right time in saving Clovis' life from Lelouch and then faking his death.
- The E.U. immediately establish their alliances with the A.U. in their war against C.G. Britannia. The E.U. no longer exist except on paper, as the individual member nations have become full members of the A.U., while the superstate's power structure still exist in some form to facilitate the administration of the member states.
- The Japanese Liberation Front is alerted earlier of Cornelia's impending offensive in Narita.
- During the Narita campaign, the S.S.T. have planted a letter, which contains the true events of Marianne's assassination, Emperor Charles' conspiracy, and Code-R, for Euphemia and Cornelia.
- General Katase managed to escape to the Chinese Federation. However, Tohdoh still gets captured and has to be rescued.
- Mao joins the IRTC only on the conditions that he meet C.C.
- The "Massacre Princess" event never happened, and the Black Rebellion is largely success with assistance from the Japanese Navy from the Tripolar World.