Fan Fic / D Reincarnation
D Reincarnation is yet another fic by Emma Iveli
of Ponies One Half
fame. It is a crossover between One Piece
and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
The gist is that Devil Fruit users were reincarnated as ponies.
And Luffy is a certain party-loving pony. Now, Fluttershy is being sought after by reborn versions of old foes of Luffy's, who are seeking to take over Equestria. It's up to Pinkie to protect her friends!
It can be read here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8535195/1/D-Reincarnation
Director's Cut can be read here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/60337/D-Reincarnation
This fanfic contains examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Case and Point: Bombs Away, Mr. 5's reincarnation, whose wings immediately shot up once he found out that Bonbon, the reincarnation of his old partner Ms. Valentine, is a filly fooler and in a relationship with Lyra. Then there's Hollow Air, the reincarnation of Absalom. That alone should speak for itself.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Many Devil's Reincarnations are treated this way, which isn't much different from how devil fruit eaters are treated in the Blues.
- An Ice Person: Glacier, the leader of the Fruit Brigade. He is Aokiji's reincarnation.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Fluttershy is dosed with Liquid Discord, a drug that turns her into her Discorded self for a bit, allowing the Devil's Alliance to unleash their plans.
- Brick Joke: The Time Turner gags eventually end up with the pony himself showing up in chapter 26 to deliver a Big Damn Heroes moment, saving the heroes when they end up outmatched and surrounded.
- Cessation of Existence: The reason Luna created Devil's Reincarnations was to prevent this from happening to the souls of Devil Fruit users, whose souls existed in a void, and would fade entirely in 100 years.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Lady Bluebell VS. Aurora Silk. Looks like Aurora Silk is blasting off again!
- Darkest Hour: The Devil's Alliance manages to capture Fluttershy and most of Ponyville in chapter 25.
- Death Glare: Fluttershy's "Stare" is her using Haki unknowingly.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Blueblood, after falling for Pinkie.
- Dirty Old Ghost: Brook, of course. However, it's only when he's around human women.
- Sanji as well. No matter how old he was when he died, he's been dead for a while, long enough to be considered one. Note that when he met Princess Luna, he began to cry because he thought she'd look like something else.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Sandy Dune, Crocodile's reincarnation, nautrally does this.
- The Dreaded: Fire Stone, who (as you can guess) is Akainu's reincarnation. He still has the strength he had from his previous life, which (unfortunately) came alongside his ideals. He used to be on the Fruit Brigade, and he (ironically enough) was competing with Glacier, Aokiji's reincarnation, for the Brigadier position. Celestia (unsurprisingly) liked Glacier more, so Fire Stone tried to gain her favor by bringing in the Devil's reincarnation of an infamous pirate who hadn't got the chance to register yet. However, it ended up with him nearly killing Twilight and Spitfire, just because they were both infamous pirates in their past lives, and the fact that Celestia didn't care about said past lives, and as an end result Fire Stone was kicked off the Fruit Brigade and became the only Devil's Reincarnation under watch. The moment he escaped surveillance, everyone in the Brigade freaked out, and the only people who could bring him back in can't do so without causing massive property damage and loss of life.
- Golden Delicious has become this for the Devil's Alliance, due to being Smoker's reincarnation. They clearly remember how dangerous he was, being the only marine to have ever been close to catching Luffy. Both Steel and Aurora freaked out once they realized it was him. The others who know his name also know how dangerous he is, but are also surprised he didn't join the Fruit Brigade and instead became a farmer.
- For Great Justice: Akainu's reincarnation only differs from his past life in the fact that he is a pony and is persecuting other reincarnations for being pirates in their past life, regardless of whatever they currently are in this life.
- Foreshadowing: In chapter 16, Aurora and Steel are seen having attempted to recruit Buggy's reincarnation, who's said to be a fraud after the "Ursa Minor" incident... Next chapter, it's revealed to be Trixie.
- Bluebell's intro mirrors Boa Hancock's, as a way to show who she is the reincarnation of.
- See Brick Joke for a very epic one.
- Gender Bender: Many male Devil Fruit bearers are genderbent when reborn due to there being more mares than stallions born in Equestria. The reason Blueblood created the Bluebell illusion is because he's the first recorded case of a female being reborn as a stallion. He does get picked on for it, with everypony thinking he's an Okama at first, but in the end they don't really care and understand his predicament.
- Half Identical Twin: Blueblood and Bluebell; they even have the same cutie mark. Since they're the same pony.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Spitfire has a minor one in chapter 8, worried about how Pinkie will see her as she is Ace's reincarnation. She's worried about what Pinkie will think of her. Rainbow Dash cheers her up.
- Blueblood had a similar one when the secret of Bluebell was revealed.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Rose and Bonbon, the reincarnations of Paula and Miss Valentine.
- Same with Cheerilee, Tsuru's reincarnation.
- Implied with Golden Delicious, Smoker's reincarnation. Instead of joining the Fruit Brigade like his past life suggested he would do, he instead became a farmer. Though he doesn't mind lending a hand when Blueblood and Applejack ask for help, and moves to Ponyville under the pretense of helping with the orchard.
- Nurse Redhart, Law's reincarnation.
- Ironic Hell: Nami got sent to one; it is revealed to be that she has unlimited money... and nowhere to spend it. However, she manages to evade the hell part due to giving money to Sanji to buy her stuff in heaven.
- Kill It with Fire: The advice given for beating the zomponies... name-dropped. Unfortunately, the Devil's Alliance thought of that, and fireproofed the zomponies.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The fic is heading in this direction mainly because of the cast sizes of both shows. While My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic doesn't have what you would call a "small" cast, it pales in comparison to the gigantic cast of One Piece, which is in no way limited with the amount of devil fruit eaters there are, and thus necessitates the fic's frequent use of Original Characters.
- Look Behind You: When Pinkie's whopping him, Full Plate (Wapol's reincarnation) pulls this trick. It works, but he doesn't get too far.
- Love Triangle: Apparently, Soarin and Blueblood are competing for Pinkie's heart. It causes Sanji to cry when he hears that Luffy is in another one.
- There're even "Team Blueblood" and "Team Soarin'" shirts being sold.
- Master of Illusion: Blueblood is this.
- Meaningful Rename: Pinkie prefers Pinkie D. Pie after her training with Bluebell.
- Mythology Gag: Crocodile's reincarnation is a mare, which is a nod to a popular theory about Crocodile being genderbent via Ivankov.
- Bluebell's intro scene mirrors Boa Hancock's, in a form of Foreshadowing.
- In Chapter 8, Pinkie refers to a rumor about her making ponies into cupcakes.
- Chapter 17 has a few nods to "Magic Duel":
- Trixie is found by Aurora on a rock farm.
- Trixie threatens to remove Pinkie's mouth.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Blueblood since he is put in charge of keeping things calm. He really isn't obstructive in that he himself is a Devil's Reincarnation (Hancock's, to be precise), and thus his aid as a combatant and his reasoning for not allowing the Fruit Brigade into Ponyville is actually sound. In fact, the only thing bureaucratic about his job is that he has to register all of the reincarnations.
- Oh, Crap!: Trixie when she learns Twilight is Celestia's student.
- Noodle Incident: In their past life, Hancock and Alvida got into a battle over Luffy's heart that ended in a draw because he got bored. It resulted in Sanji crying for three whole days, and that was it.
- There was an incident when Blueblood was a foal involving a pig and some crackers.
- The last time Soarin' went without pie for a whole month.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Trixie's is simply removing her horn and renaming herself the Sly and Talented Mixie.
- Parody Sue: Bluebell, Blueblood's sister: Popular, great singer, and Boa Hancock's reincarnation. In fact, she's really an illusion Blueblood created to impress Luffy's reincarnation, who he is in still in love with regardless of gender. Unfortunately for him, Luffy turned out to be reincarnated as Pinkie Pie, who is a mare.
- Past-Life Memories: For all Devil's Reincarnations, by dreams. As soon as the person starts developing their powers and accepting the fact that these are actual memories, the dreams become clearer, and they start taking on many of their past life's personality traits.
- Poor Communication Kills: Glacier and Shining Armor don't like each other. Why? Glacier is really protective of Twilight due to the ties they had in their past life, and wanted to be able to protect her better now that the World Government is no longer standing in the way. Unfortunately, Shining thinks this is due to having romantic feelings for Twilight. Their dislike for each other culminated into a spar in chapter 20 after Glacier made a comment about Shining's fiancee impostor. Shining originally challenged him to a duel.
- This feud is settled in chapter 26.
- Reincarnation: DUH.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: It's in there, but the fic is still enjoyable.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Blueblood is the one who registers Devil's Reincarnations.
- Running Gag: People asking Blueblood if he is an okama after hearing his story concerning the Bluebell illusion.
- Ponies playing Monopoly to pass the time. Quickly became an Overly Long Gag.
- Skyward Scream: Bluebell has one when she learns Pinkie is Luffy's reincarnation.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Coil, Bellamy's reincarnation, runs the moment he realizes Pinkie is Luffy reborn. He still remembers the VERY one-sided fight he had with Luffy.
- There're a few. For example, Bombs Away's intro scene has him attempt the "Candygram" trick on Twilight; she's used to his antics, and it blows up in his face... literally.
- Super Smoke: Smoker's reincarnation, Golden Delicious, a member of the Apple family.
- The Reveal: Spitfire is Ace's reincarnation, Twilight is Nico Robin's. Chapter 7 shows Brook is in a ghost form.
- Chapter 10 reveals Luna is the reason Devil's Reincarnations exist.
- Chapter 11 reveals the reason: She reincarnates Devil Fruit users from their afterlife every century to prevent the souls from fading forever.
- Chapter 14 reveals that Bluebell is really an illusion Blueblood created. His reason is that he's the first case of a female being reborn as a stallion, and it deeply bothers him.
- Those Two Guys: Spring Breeze and Golden Field have shades of this, despite being Devil's Reincarnations.
- Took a Level in Badass: Pinkie post-dream training has relearned Luffy's skills.
- And now Spike, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack are getting a level; Spike's learning sharpshooting, Rainbow Dash is learning Zoro's signature sword style, Rarity's learning how to use a staff, and Applejack's improving her kicking style.
- Warrior Heaven: Zoro went to Valhalla. That is all.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Dream training is used to help Pinkie relearn Luffy's moves; four hours in the real world was four months in the dream world.
- The same trick is used to train Rarity, Spike, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack; thanks to Brook, Nami, Usopp, Zoro, and Sanji's spirits training them respectively.
- Zombie Apocalypse: What The Devil's Alliance decides to unleash on Canterlot.