Drinking Game: Doctor Who
Drinking game for Doctor Who
- Take a shot every time somebody runs.
- Double any time a companion twists her ankle.
- Finish your drink any time someone wanders off. Start a second drink if the Doctor complains about his companions not heeding the "don't wander off" rule.
- Take a shot every time someone dies. Say goodbye to brain cells.
- Take a shot each time someone says "what are you doing here?"
- Take a drink any time something is "impossible" or "can't be", etc.
- Take two drinks for every one of these during the episode "Midnight".
- If watching "Midnight" after midnight, take four.
- Also take two for each one in "The Impossible Planet"/"Satan Pit" two-parter.
- Take a shot every time somebody makes a Badass Boast.
- Or when Donna slaps someone or tells them to shut up. Take two sips if it's the Doctor she slaps or tells him to shut up.
- Take three if they, most definitely, deserve it.
- Take a drink any time you hear Arc Words.
- Take a sip for every character with a British accent. Better have a spare liver on hand...
- When watching a Gallifrey-based story, drink every time someone says the name "Rassilon." Good luck if you're listening to Gallifrey.
- Another sip if it's any item "of Rassilon", down the glass if the Doctor refuses to take said items seriously.
- Take a shot whenever anyone says "I'll explain later."
- Take a shot when somebody shouts "Doctor!"
- Take a drink any time there is a Title Drop.
- Take two if they say (or imply or subvert) the question "Doctor Who?"
- Make sure you have your designated driver nearby when doing this to "Asylum of the Daleks".
- Watching "The Snowmen"? Better make it sips.
- COMPLETELY IGNORE this if watching Time of the Doctor.
- Take a shot for each reference to the work of a famous author or artist in an episode where they appear on the show.
- Take a shot if they split up the group. Take two if there's more than one companion and none of them are in the same place anyway.
- Take a shot if the set wobbles and you're sure it's not just because you can't see straight at this point.
- Take a sip every time your ear drums burst from loud screams
- Take a shot whenever a telesnap reconstruction of a Missing Episode has to reuse telesnaps from other episodes
- Drink for merriment if missing episodes are confirmed to be found and added to the BBC Archive.
- Take a shot every time you see a clock in the TV movie.
- Take a shot every time "two hearts" or "thirteen lives" are mentioned.
- Take a shot if you figure someone is just saying something so it can be used for the trailer.
- Take a shot if any companion screams
- Take a shot if any set, prop, monster, or actor wobbles (The Creature From the Pit does not count.)
- Take a shot if you recognise any set, prop or actor from another show.
- Take a shot if the Doctor or one of his companions says "But we're not spies, we're... travellers!", or any variation.
- Take a shot if the Doctor or one of his companions says "I don't know. I hate not knowing.", or any variation.
- Take one drink if someone is offered a chance at companionship; another if they don't take it; a third if it's because they died.
- Drink the entirety of the bottle when Twelve is an ass.
- Two bottles if he insults Clara.
- Down six entire one and a half litre bottles whenever a version of the Doctor makes a badass speech.
- Down twelve entire one and a half litre bottles if this is The First Doctor saying this to Susan.
open/close all folders
- Take a shot every time the Doctor says "I'm the Doctor."
- Finish your drink anytime the Doctor picks up a gun.
- Take a shot every time the Doctor insults a previous Doctor's trademark.
- Take a double shot if a past Doctor insults a later Doctor's trademark in a multi-Doctor episode.
- Take a shot every time the First Doctor says "Hm?"
- Take a shot every time the Doctor is mistaken for someone else
- Take a shot whenever William Hartnell blows, mangles or forgets a line, or just giggles, hmphs or coughs.
- Take two shots every time he tries to correctly pronounce "Chesterton".
- Take a shot any time the First Doctor refers to someone young as "child", "my boy", "my dear", "girl", or the like.
- Ignore this if it is Susan, due to their fluffy nature.
- Finish your drink whenever the First Doctor grumbles.
- Every time the Doctor has to do something to fix the TARDIS, take a drink.
- Whenever the First Doctor complains about his toothache in "The Gunfighters", take a shot. Brush your teeth afterwards- you don't want to end up in a saloon listening to a cheesy song-and-dance routine while getting your teeth pulled like him, do you?
- Also in The Gunfighters, take a sip at every proof that the Whoniverse isn't our timeline.
- Each time the First Doctor argues or protests at his companions, finish your drink.
- For every instance the Doctor encounters a Dalek, take a shot.
- Whenever the First Doctor uses his monocle or signet ring device, take a drink.
- Take a shot whenever the Second Doctor says "Oh, my giddy aunt!" or "Oh dear."
- Take a shot whenever Two and Jamie cling to each other in fear.
- Take a shot whenever Patrick Troughton plays his recorder.
- Any time the Second Doctor and company find themselves in a base under siege, take a full drink for every fifteen minutes spent in the base.
- Now trying doing this while watching several 'base under siege' episodes in a row. The good news is that when you're done, you'll never have to watch another 'base under siege' again. The bad news is that, when you're done, you'll never be able to watch another 'base under siege' again. Or do much of anything, really...
- Whenever Patrick Troughton does his trademark jog-run, drink for the duration of the run.
- If the Second Doctor clowns around and suddenly the act is dropped to reveal he's done something clever or perhaps diabolical, finish two drinks.
- If watching a reconstruction of Fury from the Deep, take a sip whenever Robson shows that he just doesn't get what's happening.
- Take a shot when Three snarks off at somebody.
- Take a shot when Three uses his Venusian Aikido.
- Whenever Three reverses the polarity, drink your glass dry so you can reverse it and slam it on the table.
- Take a shot any time the Brig and Three don't see eye-to-eye.
- Take a shot every time a character is revealed to be the Master in disguise, be it in a rubber mask or a pseudonym. If the Doctor deduces his identity, drink three full glasses.
- Drink every time you see the Doctor wear a new cape or clothing accessory.
- Take a shot every time Bessie breaks down. Another shot for each time you see the Doctor riding around in Bessie. Yet another if he activates a weird gadget, and another if he has on riding gloves while driving.
- If the Doctor uses the Whomobile, slow down and savor your drink to the last gulp.
- Take a shot every time the Doctor or company appear to have escaped capture... then get captured all over again.
- Take a shot each time Three appears to get his TARDIS fixed... and it or its respective components blow smoke everywhere.
- Take a shot every time you notice the Third Doctor's bouffant hair has gotten bigger. Easiest to notice with the start of each new season.
- Take a sip each time the Doctor responds to something or starts a sentence with the words, "Yes", "Of course", "Well", or "Right". Two sips for "No" or "Now, look". Three for "Good grief!" Four when he yells, "HAI!!"
- Take a drink on the rocks whenever the Doctor faces some corrupt figure of power. Guzzle it if the Doctor starts bashing their intellect.
- Finish a drink whenever you see the Third Doctor take a drink.
- Take a double shot if the Doctor says, "Now listen to me".
- Finish your drink each time one of the Third Doctor's stories involves a calm and controlled leader figure who wants to beat the enemy with a strategy, but also a spunky, pugnacious person who wants to brazenly attack the enemy. Another sip every time that person demands an attack. Another drink if they carry out an attack of their own agenda. And another drink if they make the situation worse for acting without thinking.
- Take a shot every time something happens to Four's scarf, whether it's him tripping on it, someone standing on it, or it getting damaged in some way.
- Take two shots if the scarf gets shut in the TARDIS door.
- Take a shot when he offers someone a Jelly Baby.
- Take a shot whenever Four gives a Cheshire Cat Grin.
- Double when it's in a life-threatening situation.
- Drink continuously through "The Horns of Nimon", until you're so soused that "Looorrd Nimooon!!!" sounds like good acting. You won't regret it.
- Or, in reference to Nash, take a shot every time Four says or does something that makes you want to reach into the screen and slap him.
- Anytime Tom Baker swears in an outtake, take a drink. You will be plastered in no time.
- Anytime that The Doctor and Romana flirt take a sip...
- Take two if Romana manages to out-Doctor the Doctor. Be warned - she does this a LOT!
- Take a shot each time Four's yo-yo appears.
- Take a taste of your drink each time Four's eyes bulge. Not a sip- a taste- even less than a sip. Lest you wake up on a gurney.
- Down an entire bottle every time that Four acts like a complete and total idiot... only to reveal that he's actually done a Baldrick and created a "cunning plan" to achieve victory.
- Take a shot whenever the Doctor employs some cricket equipment.
- Take a shot every time the Doctor tries to get Tegan back home and fails. Take two if Tegan sourly complains because the Doctor can't get her back to Heathrow Airport.
- Take a shot whenever Adric praises himself when the Doctor speaks to him. And when "Earthshock" rolls around, drink yourself silly to prepare for the worst...
- If the Fifth Doctor tries to be noble and sacrifices his well-being for the safety of others, drink a cup of wine with a celery stalk in it as a garnish.
- Take a shot every time someone asks "Where's Turlough?"
- Take a shot whenever Six is mean to somebody.
- This might kill someone though...
- Take a shot if Colin Baker repeats something three times.
- Double if they get progressively louder.
- Take a shot if Six recoils at the mention of carrot juice or has to drink it.
- Drink yourself into a stupor before watching The Twin Dilemma. This isn't part of a game, this is basic health and safety.
- Whenever the Sixth Doctor rubs his catch badge, rub your stomach for good luck as you take six sips of your drink.
- If you start to get nauseous looking at the Sixth Doctor's coat after drinking, you have our permission to abort the game. You've earned it.
- Take a shot whenever Six kills someone.
- In A Fix with Sontarans, take a shot whenever the Fourth Wall implodes.
- And take a shot when Gareth successfully operates machinery.
- And take one whenever a character demonstrates knowledge of the future (including the Savile abuse scandal).
- Take a shot whenever Seven rrrrolls his Rs.
- Take a shot whenever the Big Bads learn how thoroughly they have been played by the Doctor.
- Take a shot whenever Ace learns how thoroughly she has been played by the Doctor.
- If he apologizes, take another shot.
- Take a shot if Seven tries to use an old saying and bungles it, like " A stitch in time... takes up space."
- If Seven plays the spoons, find the biggest bottle of alcohol you have and drink about a quarter of it.
- If Seven uses his question mark umbrella in some form, be it cane, life-saving tool, or weapon, have a drink.
- Take a shot when something mysterious about Seven's past is revealed that may indicate the Doctor is a more significant figure than we know him to be. Take two if he tries to dismiss his past and tells paper-thin lies to cover his rump.
- Take a shot when he kisses Grace.
- In Big Finish Doctor Who take one whenever he loses his memory.
- Take two whenever he loses his shirt.
- Take three whenever he's tortured.
- Take two whenever he mentions Mary Shelley, unless she's in the story.
- Take a shot whenever he starts a sentence with "You know".
- If Eight bellows "GET OUT!", leave the room you're drinking in and take a drink elsewhere.
- If the Eighth Doctor goes into a Tranquil Fury, drink until it doesn't scare you anymore.
- Whenever the Eighth Doctor is near a clock or his shoes are mentioned, take a shot.
- Any time the War Doctor proclaims "No more", take a drink. This also counts for graffiti that says, "NO MORE".
- If the War Doctor is berated for not staying true to the name of "Doctor", or beats himself up about it in guilt, have a drink.
- Drink every time the War Doctor snarks his younger-at-heart and physically younger-looking selves for acting like children or doing silly things.
- Take a shot each time the Doctor prepares to use the Moment.
- If the War Doctor puts on a Thousand-Yard Stare, finish your drink and gaze off into the distance. Stop drinking if your vision is blurred from the alcohol consumption.
- Take a sip for every individual Dalek killed off by the War Doctor.
- Take a shot for every person who dies after being associated with War.
- Take a drink every time the Ninth Doctor says "fantastic."
- Take a shot any time Nine defends his Mancunian accent by saying "Lots of planets have a North."
- Take a shot someone makes a comment about Nine's military-style outfit.
- Take a shot whenever Nine rages at the Daleks.
- If Nine calls Mickey Smith "Mickey the Idiot", take a shot. Take two if he deliberately calls him "Ricky."
- Take a shot if Nine calls humans "stupid apes".
- Drink whenever he mentions that "Bananas are good" and/or "an excellent source of potassium". You will be completely plastered by the middle of the episode.
- Finish your drink if Nine's ears are mentioned.
- If the Ninth Doctor makes something blow up, or is seen anywhere near an explosion (Krakatoa counts), take a drink.
- Take two for every Dalek that goes boom.
- Take a drink every time Nine does a Badass Arm-Fold. Double for the full Rebel Relaxation pose.
- For the Tenth Doctor, drink every time he puts something in his mouth or licks something.
- Are you trying to kill us all?!?!
- Take a shot each time he says, "I'm sorry."
- Take two if he follows up with, "I'm so sorry."
- Three if someone dies immediately or almost immediately afterwards.
- Take a drink every time Ten says "What?"
- Take another every time he says "Weeeell..."
- On second thought... better only do an episode at a time on this one.
- Take a drink everytime he says "Allons-y!"
- Take a drink every time someone hits on the Doctor.
- Two if he doesn't notice.
- Take a shot any time Ten removes his longcoat and flings it onto the nearest object he finds suitable for an improvised coat rack.
- If it's a companion that he throws it on, take two.
- Take a shot every time Ten laments over the Time War. (WARNING: this could put you in a coma.)
- Any time Ten has to tell one of his companions not to do a crappy fake foreign accent.
- Take a shot whenever the Brainy Specs come out.
- Take two if it's the 3D glasses instead.
- Three in the rare case he has/improvises sunglasses.
- Drink a whole bottle when Ten makes stuff go "boom" or "ding" or "Bwaack!" (Note, the latter is only in the case of chickens!)
Eleven, being such a quirky Doctor, has the longest list, so be warned that it is not for the faint of heart.
- Take a drink every time Matt Smith says the word "cool."
- Two if it's in reference to a type of hat or other article of clothing.
- Three if River Song immediately destroys said article of clothing.
- Four if Amy helps her.
- FIVE if The Doctor pouts.
- Take a drink when Eleven mentions fezzes, Jammie Dodgers, or tea.
- Take a drink when Eleven starts an analogy, then says "It's nothing like that."
- Take a shot if Eleven bellows, "GERONIMO!"
- Take a shot when he says, "Come along, Pond."
- Take two if he refers to Amy and Rory collectively as the Ponds.
- Take a shot when a villain angers Eleven so much his dark side comes out and he gets medieval with them.
- Take two if Eleven is so angry that he insinuates their demise.
- Take a shot any time Eleven spins a full 360 degrees to turn around.
- If Eleven says something that accentuates how much of an alien he is, take a shot.
- If Eleven flirts with River, take a drink. Two if she flirts back. Three if he gets slapped instead.
- If the Doctor kisses another man creature or does something that would make another man think he's hitting on them, when in reality Eleven is just unaware of social customs, take a shot.
- Any time he gets called "Raggedy Man", take a shot.
- If the Doctor does the "drunk giraffe", take a shot.
- Whenever Eleven lies or is ratted out as a liar, take a drink.
- Any time Eleven adjusts his bow-tie, take a drink. If he actually removes the bow-tie, put the alcohol away and mourn.
- If Eleven performs an action clumsily, take a drink.
- If Eleven gives a big Badass Boast, take a shot.
- Take a drink anytime Eleven shifts his jaw around when upset or puzzled.
- Take a restrained sip for each individual wild gesture Eleven makes with his hands. Any more than that and you will put yourself in the hospital.
- And if Eleven finds himself dealing with the Silence, take a drink.
- Then take another, because you've forgotten you took the first.
- Go back, and drink every time you see him in The Fires of Pompeii.
- Drink every time it looks like Twelve is about to go Malcolm Tucker on someone.
- Take a shot whenever Twelve's eyebrows are mentioned. Another shot for his Scottish accent.
- Finish your drink when the issue of Capaldi's multiple roles in the Whoniverse before becoming Twelve is brought up.
- Take a shot every time the Twelfth Doctor does something dark or unsettling, or he gets compared to a villain.
- Finish your drink if the Doctor must question his own roots and wonder if he's a good man.
- Take a shot whenever Twelve is by a chalkboard or gets ahold of some chalk.
- Take a drink every time Twelve snarks.
- Take a sip each time Twelve tells someone to shut up or any variant of shutting up.
- Take a sip when Twelve gets on the receiving end of a What the Hell, Hero? speech.
- Take three sips if you see Twelve actually smile.
- Take very small sips anytime Twelve is rude to anyone.
- Finish your drink when Twelve doles out Brutal Honesty.
- Take a shot whenever Twelve asks if something (or someone) has developed a fault.
- Drink the whole bottle if Twelve abuses Clara.
- Two if it's accidentally.
- Take a shot every time Twelve gets hugged against his will.
- Take a double shot if the hugger isn't Clara.
- Drink continuously when Missy snogs him in "Dark Water", then stop and gasp for air when she turns him loose.
- Take a shot when the TARDIS materializes/dematerializes.
- In the wrong place.
- Double if it's in a crowd of people and no-one notices.
- Take a shot every time someone mentions the TARDIS being bigger on the inside than the outside.
- Down a glass if it's Clara and she says it's smaller on the outside.
- Take a shot each time the Doctor loses control of the TARDIS. Two if it was captured by the episode's antagonist.
- Down a glass if the Cloister Bell starts tolling. DO NOT try a shot for each individual clang; that is suicidal.
- Take a shot if the broken chameleon circuit is mentioned: two if the Doctor tries to fix it.
- Take a double shot if the Doctor's TARDIS is shown in any form other than the usual police box. (Yes, being miniaturized or reduced to just the console count for this purpose.)
- Take a shot for every instance of funny-business with the interior doors.
- Take a shot if the TARDIS runs into a camera-shake vortex.
- Take a double shot every time the TARDIS console room's desktop changes. Reduce this to sips if it's a multi-Doctor episode, else the Stock Footage hologram images from "Day of the Doctor" may put you in hospital.
The Doctor's tools
- A shot for whenever he uses the sonic screwdriver.
- Two shots if the sonic screwdriver is used to do something that's realistically impossible to do with sound waves.
- Two shots if the sonic screwdriver conveniently breaks down just long enough to cause a cliff-hanger.
- Drain your glass if the fact it's called a "screwdriver" is made fun of in some way.
- Take a shot whenever the psychic paper is used.
- Two shots if the psychic paper malfunctions, or three if the malfunction is Played for Laughs.
- Fifth Doctor era: Take a shot whenever the TARDIS Toolbox appears onscreen.
- Take a shot every time Susan and Ping-cho look at each other lovingly.
- Any time Susan says, "Grandfather" to the Doctor, take a drink.
- Take a drink every time Susan freaks out.
- Take two shots every time Susan twists her ankle, keeping in mind that aforementioned companion ankle twist rule is the second shot.
Ian and Barbara
- Take a sip every time Ian and Barbara touch each other in a way that suggests romantic inklings.
- If you have a spare liver nearby, drink for the duration of the touching.
- Take a sip every time Jamie looks quizzical and says, "Hmm?"
- Drink if he says "Aye, that."
- Sip if Jamie does a Security Cling on the Doctor.
- Drink if the Doctor clings back. If you dare, keep drinking for as long as they cling to each other.
- Drink if Jamie says "So you tried to shoot/stab/kill a McCrimmon?"
- Finish your drink if he shouts "Creag an tuire!"
- Take a sip whenever Victoria screams.
- Take a shot any time the Brigadier discredits the Doctor.
- Two if it's the Third Doctor. Three if the Third Doctor snarks back at him.
- Take a shot for every Deadpan Snarker moment the Brig has.
- Take a shot every time the Brig takes a shot—as in shoots something.
- Two drinks if the Doctor complains and/or objects to his use of guns or violence. Three if his use of guns fails. Four if it works.
- Take a shot when the Brig mentions Doris.
- Finish your drink if the Brig does not appear in an episode but is said to be in Geneva or Peru.
- Take a sip anytime the Brigadier disagrees with the Doctor. (You might want to sew a few tin plates to your liver first)
- Take two full drinks anytime the Brig blows something up.
- Take a drink anytime the Brig says, "Sergeant Benton, Miss Shaw/Grant/Smith, or Captain Yates."
- Take another drink if he does so to chew out Miss Shaw/Grant/Smith for putting herself in danger, or Benton/Yates for failure to carry out an order properly.
- Take a drink if the Brigadier refuses to believe a ludicrous explanation for a strange occurrence.
- Take five shots rapidly if the words Five Rounds Rapid come up.
- Whenever the Brigadier feels undermined by the Doctor or actually is undermined by the Doctor, sip your drink.
- If the Brigadier assigns work for the Doctor and he tries to bail on said work, finish your drink.
- Take a drink whenever the Brig is annoyed by the Second Doctor. Two if the annoyance in question has to do with his recorder.
- Take a drink anytime the Brig is seen in a military vehicle or commanding a squad of UNIT soldiers.
- Finish it if the Brigadier gets undermined by someone with more authority than him.
- Stop drinking if the Brigadier is out of uniform or has shaved his mustache. He's out of character.
- If the Brigadier actually says something genuinely nice or gives credit where credit is due, finish your drink and salute him.
- Take a drink any time the Brig loses his patience with someone.
- If the Brigadier laughs, which is exceptionally rare, find your best bottle of aged wine and perform a toast to the late Nicholas Courtney for warming our hearts onscreen as the Brigadier.
Sarah Jane Smith
This also extends to her spin-off, The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Take a sip each time she snaps her camera back in her Third Doctor years.
- Take a sip every time she is hypnotised or taken over.
- Take a drink every time she uses her Sonic Lipstick.
- Take a drink every time she says, "Mister Smith, I need you!" Another for Mr. Smith's rousing fanfare boot-up.
- Take a drink anytime she expressly forbids her teenage friends from revealing her secret life on 13 Bannerman Road. Two if this leads to someone else becoming part of that circle of friends.
- Take a drink anytime she fondly remembers her time as a companion with the Doctor.
- Two if it's part of a "but life on Earth is pretty amazing too" speech.
- Another if her Leitmotif starts playing mid-speech and/or at the end of a story (the really melancholy piano music and vocals).
- Take a drink anytime you see the number on the address of 13 Bannerman Road change by mistake.
- Take a drink whenever she hugs Luke.
- Take two if the hug is because Luke was in danger or they were separated.
- If Sarah Jane mentions her late Aunt Lavinia from her spin-off K9 and Company that never panned out.
- Take a drink anytime she corrects Gita Chandra when she calls Sarah Jane just Sarah.
- Two if the Doctor calls her Sarah, because she knows it's endearing.
- Take a drink each time Gita gets involved in some weird and totally inaccurate Conspiracy Theorist dealings.
- Take a drink every time Gita's bouncy Leitmotif follows her appearance on screen.
- Take a drink if her and the kids get slimed. Take two if the Slitheen are the culprit.
- Take a drink every time Clyde Langer makes a terrible joke.
- Take a drink every time Clyde is shown drawing something. Have a sip for each of his individual drawings promoted on screen.
- Take a drink every time one of the kids' mobile phones gets destroyed, one for each phone ruined.
- Take a shot every time Harry says, "I say." Another for, "Right-o."
- Take a shot every time the Fourth Doctor insults Harry's intelligence. Double for that time he "IS AN IMBECILE!!!"
- Sip your drink when Harry says something old-fashioned.
- Finish a third of your drink whenever Harry accidentally annoys or insults someone because of his prudish, aforementioned old-fashioned personality.
- Take a shot for every naval/sailor-related thing Harry says.
- Go back to watch "Carnival of Monsters" and notice how John Andrews, another seafaring character played by Ian Marter, is like a precursor to Harry Sullivan- a prototype, if you will. Each time you recognize a quality shared between the two of them, take a shot.
- Take a shot every time Leela attempts to knife something. Two if it's in the neck.
- Take a shot for every fish out of water moment Leela has when her savage ways don't mesh well with civilised culture.
- Take a shot every time Leela garbles some technical term the Doctor just used.
- Take a shot every time K-9 says either "Affirmative!", "Negative!", "Mistress!", or "Master!"
- If K-9 has "insufficient data", down your drink.
- Take a shot every time the nose-laser comes out. Another for the telescopic eye probe.
- Take a double shot if K-9 wags his tail-antenna.
- Take a shot every time he makes that funny "Ooh!" noise (NOTE: this tailed off over time).
- If K9's rotating ear-probes make a whirring sound as they swivel back and forth (especially so with Mark IV), sip your drink.
- Toast the franchise prop department every time K-9 gets a model upgrade, whether on Doctor Who or one of the spin-offs.
- Take a shot if Peri's accent slips.
- Take a shot if Peri's top slips.
- Take a shot each time she offers the Doctor carrot juice.
- Take a full glass if she screams- because Mel really screams.
- Take aspirin if your ears hurt after she screams.
- Take a shot whenever Ace flirts with or visibly crushes on someone. If she flirts with a man and a woman in the same serial, take a third shot.
- Take a shot if Ace blows something up.
- Double if the Doctor uses Ace's nitro-9 to blow something up.
- Triple if the Doctor tells Ace to give him the nitro-9 she is "not carrying" with her.
- Take a shot if Ace says something Totally Radical.
- Take a shot if Ace calls the Doctor "Professor".
- Take a shot every time Grace cynically complains. Another for each time the Doctor tries to open her mind to unexplored possiblities
- Take a shot each time Grace gives the Doctor a gaga-eyed look.
- Finish your drink for each kiss that Grace shares with the Doctor.
- Take a shot each time Lucie becomes barking mad at the Doctor.
- Finish your drink every time Lucie punctuates her sentence with the expletive "bleedin'".
- Take a shot every time Rose reacts unfavorably towards another woman in the Doctor's life.
- Any time Rose is connected to "Bad Wolf", take a drink.
- If Rose does something heroic, take a drink.
- If you catch her doing that thing where she grins, pokes her tongue out, and licks her teeth, take a shot.
- Take a shot when Jackie tries to flirt with an older man.
- Take a shot if Jackie ends up cowering in a corner as the Monster of the Week comes after her.
- Finish your drink if Jackie gives someone a Death Glare. Two drinks if she slaps someone. Three if her Death Glare is someone putting Rose and Ten in danger.
- Take a drink any time the bumbling, early seasons Mickey does something stupid. Two if it's a pratfall.
- If Mickey's Auton jitters on the words "Sugar, sweet, or babe", take a drink.
- Uncork a champagne and drink a small glass's worth when the Ninth Doctor pops the cork on a bottle of his own and the cork smacks into Auton Mickey's face, making it look incredibly doofy.
- Sip your drink if Mickey screams like a girl.
- Take a drink if he mentions the phrase "Defending the Earth".
- Take a shot if he gripes at Rose for having her sights set on the Doctor.
- Take a shot every time the Doctor belittles Mickey- double for a use of "Mickey the Idiot". Finish your drink if he gives him due respect.
- Take a shot whenever Mickey refers to himself as a "tin dog".
- For every time Mickey has to be reminded, "WE ARE IN A CAR", take a drink.
- When a post-"Rise of the Cybermen" Mickey does something badass, take a drink.
- Should Mickey brandish a gun, take a drink. Two if it's a huge one.
- Take a shot every time Martha bemoans her unrequited love to the Doctor.
- Take a shot martha shows up in some UNIT-related setting.
- Take a shot when she uses her skills as a Doctor or shows how competent she is in a pinch.
- Take a shot when Donna mentions her catty friend Nerys.
- Take a shot when Donna reminisces about her time as a temp in Chiswick.
- Take a shot when her mother complains about her not being married.
- Finish your drink when someone confuses Donna and the Doctor as a dating or married couple.
- Take a shot when Donna slaps the Doctor.
- Take a shot when Donna starts shouting at people because of her scorching temper.
- Take a shot when Donna calls the Doctor some form of moron or dumbo.
- Take a drink each time you hear "Donna Noble is in the Library. Donna Noble has been saved."
- Have a shot any time Donna calls the Doctor a Martian or spaceman.
- Whenever Donna says, "Oi!", finish your drink.
- Take a shot whenever Wilf wears his reindeer antlers toboggan during the holiday season.
- Take a shot if he's outside the Noble household viewing stars from his telescope with a cup of coffee to keep himself warm.
- Take a shot whenever Wilf mentions his time in the Second World War.
- Take a shot and try not to cry when Wilf is on the verge of Manly Tears.
- Take a shot every time he shows endearing compassion to someone.
- Any time Wilf says, "It's them aliens again!" or starts to talk about aliens in some form, finish your drink.
- Take a drink every time Jack flirts with someone. Take two if all he says is "Hello" and the Doctor stops him there because it's how he hits on people.
- Take two if he flirts with Ianto.
- Two again for each past relationship Jack is mentioned to have.
- Take a drink every time Jack dies, or goes into a situation where a normal person would be dead. Take another drink every time he comes back to life with a great big gasp, "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!"
- Take a shot every time Jack holds the Doctor's hand in a jar. Take two if it freaks someone out.
- Take a shot if Jack has to make a morally grey choice. If you're watching Torchwood: Children of Earth down a whole bottle and cry.
- Take a shot every time the Doctor stops Jack from using a gun. Two if it gets replaced with a banana.
- Take a shot if Jack says something very British with the American accent.
- Whenever Jack is seen at a bar, pub, or nightclub take a shot. If he is drinking, take a drink along with him. Finish that drink if Jack hits on someone in that drinking hole.
- Just for fun- Emergency Protocol 417: make a martini with too much vermouth.
- Take a drink every time River says, "Hello, Sweetie."
- Two if she says, "Spoilers."
- Take a shot every time there's a close up of Amy's hands/nails.
- Take a shot when every time her nail polish color is different from the previous episode.
- Take a shot when every time the nail polish changes within an episode.
- Any time she says "Raggedy Man", take a drink.
- Any time Amy gripes at her husband for being thick, take a drink. Drink two if it is undeserved and Amy is simply venting.
- Take a shot when every time you see Karen in The Fires of Pompeii.
- Down your drink as soon as it hits you that the Ponds were both Ancient Romans.
- Every time Rory dies and comes back to life.
- Every time he wears his Roman Auton garb just to look awesome. Two if he uses the warrior sword with the clothes.
- Every time Rory feels like the Doctor is threatening his relationship with Amy and tries to compete.
- Any time Rory's time guarding the Pandorica is mentioned, take a shot.
- Whenever Rory does something badass, take a shot.
- Each time Rory gets dominated by Amy finish your drink and pray for the dignity of men around the world who are also at the mercy of their nitpicky wives.
- Take a shot any time Strax confuses someone's gender.
- Take two shots if he confuses someone's basic anatomy despite allegedly being a trained nurse.
- Take a shot when Strax wants to solve a problem in the most destructive way possible.
- Take a shot if Strax wants to attack something violently. Two shots if it involves lasers or acid. Take three if attacking something violently actually works.
- Down an entire bottle if this occurs in "The Crimson Horror".
- Down half your drink when Strax mentions explosives. All of it if he mentions grenades. Two if he does blow something up.
- Down your drink if Strax tries to execute something.
- Finish your drink if Strax declares war on something.
- If Strax mentions something related to military strategy or battle, take three sips and chant, "Sontar-HA!" in between each sip.
- Take a shot any time Strax says something that can be considered loony in the middle of a conversation.
- Take a shot whenever Strax's alien nature is passed off as just being plain ugly while he's skulking around the Victorian Era.
- Any time Strax rushes into battle like a maniac, repeat the same drinking rules for the "Sontar-HA!" battle cry.
- Each instance Strax does something socially awkward, take a sip.
- If Strax saves the day, down a glass. Make it a big one if it helps save the day.
Oswin Oswald/Clara Oswald
- Take shots every time Oswin makes a soufflé.
- Take a drink whenever Oswin is called "Soufflé Girl". You'll get drunk during "Asylum of the Daleks" if you do this.
- Even better: During that episode, have a sip every time the WORD "soufflé" is said. Anymore than that and you'll die of alcohol poisoning.
- Any time the Doctor calls Clara the "Impossible Girl", take a drink.
- If Clara's leaf appears, take a drink.
- Whenever Clara pecks a kiss on the Doctor's cheek, take a shot.
- Take a shot each time the Doctor repeats her name more than once in quick sucession and/or calls her "my Clara".
- Every single time Clara says "I don't know where I am!", take a drink.
- If Clara breaks down into tears for a good reason, take a shot. Be careful when watching "The Time of the Doctor" or "Dark Water".
Monsters and villains
- Take a shot anytime someone blinks/turns away from a Weeping Angel/ Silence.
- Take another shot when the camera cuts or turns away from a Silent, the better to empathize with the characters (because enough alcohol will help you forget it was there).
- Take a shot everytime you see an alien. ...not counting the Doctor.
- Take a shot when a Dalek appears.
- Alternatively, take a shot anytime you hear the word "EXTERMINATE!"
- Don't attempt this in "Asylum of the Daleks". Unless you want to wind up dead. The same goes for each individual use of the word in "Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways"- there's thousands of Daleks chanting it at once.
- Any time a Dalek's actual organic body is revealed, take one sip for every visible tentacle it has. If doing this in Dalek Caan's scenes makes you queasy, rejoice: that's how seeing a Dalek undressed should make people feel.
- Take a shot every time someone thinks they can play the Daleks or Cybermen.
- Drain the bottle if they succeed.
- Drain two extra bottles if it is the Master who plays them. If he doesn't care, drain three.
- Take a shot whenever Oak and/or Quill does something creepy.
- Take a shot when the Master uses an alias that translates as "Master."
- Also take a shot when he uses an Insult Backfire.
- Take a sip when the Master taps four times.
- Take four sips every time the Master mentions drums, drums come up in a conversation about the Master, or you hear the four drumbeat cadence in either the Master's head or his Leitmotif.
- Take two drinks any time the Master attempts to hypnotize someone, either directly or indirectly (Archangel Network counts). Take an additional half shot if the hypnosis attempt fails, or two more if it succeeds.
- Take a shot if you can't understand what Peter Pratt is saying under his clunky skull mask in "The Deadly Assassin".
- Take a huge gulp every time the Undercrank-effect kicks in as the Simm-Master gobbles down food.
- Take a shot every time Missy says something blatantly sarcastic, or any time she giggles.
- Take a shot if the Cyberleader says "Excellent" (Duuuuude!!!!)
- Take a shot if you can't understand what on Mondas one of the old model Cybermen is saying.
- Take a shot every time a Pete's World Cyberman says "DELETE."
- Take a shot every time a Sontaran from the new series says, "Sontar-HA!"
- Take a shot whenever a Judoon wants to deliver an execution because it is too stupid to understand much logic beyond blunt force and punishment. Two for every genuine execution.
- Take a sip for each word a Judoon says in its native language that ends in an "o" sound. ("Mo flo blo sko ro", etc.)
- Take a shot every time a Slitheen in disguise cuts a fart (poor gas exchange, as they call it).
- Finish your drink when a Slitheen explodes- two if vinegar is the explosion catalyst. You'll get drinking's worth watching The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- Anytime a possessed Ood shows up, swig half your drink. If it's a whole group of possessed Ood, finish your drink. Take an extra shot for each instance an Ood uses their translate sphere to electrocute someone.
- Take a shot every time an alien with more than three syllables in its species' name appears. If it's more than five syllables, make it a double.