Creator / The Weaver
is a Quest gamer who got his start as an artist on 4chan's
One of the oldest quest authors, as Weaver's popular quest Ruby Quest
brought the medium into the spotlight and influenced many subsequent quest authors.
Created the "cutebold
" and "d'awwblin
" style interpretations of kobolds and goblins respectively, originally created in comics and inspired by various events from Dwarf Fortress
He is known to be a close friend to Reaver
—author of Mudy Quest
and Knight Blades
—whom he shared Supporting Protagonist
in the Self-Insert Fic WeaveReave Quest
Has been known to suffer from "Dainty Leg Syndrome".
Weaver is also a member of the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fandom and has done a number of Fan Arts
and related projects and even has his own Ask a Pony
blog, AskIce Pack. (Likewise for Five Nights at Freddy's
, minus the Blog. )
Fun fact: He was the original artist for Epic Fail Guy, a meme/character from /b/'s early drawhoring days. Other fun fact: he draws metric tons of porn and has done so for nearly every fandom representable on 4chan, from Space Station 13
to Adventure Time
Works/ Quests DM'd by The Weaver:
Common tropes in Weaver's works include
Tropes that apply to The Weaver, himself
- Author Avatar: Two — /tg/ Weaver◊ and "Weavy the little brown girl◊"
- The Chessmaster
- Deadpan Snarker
- Large Ham: On occasions; especially prevalent during John Quest.
- Rage Breaking Point: At one, major point during Ruby after getting frustrated from /tg/'s lack of useful ideas.note
- And again in the next postnote
- The Reveal: When Weaver had confessed that he had indeed been the one to have written The Metal Glen poem, not William Murdoch as he had most everyone convinced.
- Spell My Name with a "The": Inverted. Most every time his name comes upnote , he is referred to as "The Weaver"; but he goes simply by "Weaver" during his Quest campaigns.
- Trolling Creator/ Trolling: A master at this on the occasions he decides/(pretends) to prank the players by branching the story off into one of his wild, erratic discontinuities; or otherwise, break into one from out of nowhere. In one instance, he even started a wild gag while using the title "NotWeaver" then switched back to his regular title in the same thread, feigning innocence/ obliviousness to the matter afterwards.