Saerom (Or Sae Rom, as they're been alternatively credited as) is a South Korean company founded in 1987 by Gilhwan Kim. It got its start at animating mostly American & Japanese shows. They're probably known for very deranged animation in their works.Compare AKOM, Rough Draft Studios, Dong Woo Animation, Hanho Heung-Up, DR Movie, Sunwoo Entertainment and Digital eMation, eight other major South Korean studios. Also compare Hong Ying, a Chinese studio, also known for exporting crazy cartoons.
Shows that Saerom has animated include (works sent off to former subsidiary Saerom Plus One, now known as Plus One Animation, under contract marked with *):
- Adventure Time (with Rough Draft Studios)
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (With Hong Ying, Rainbow Animation and TMS Entertainment)
- The Avengers: United They Stand
- Captain N: The Game Master (3rd Season)*
- Clerks: The Animated Series
- Dora the Explorer
- Double Dragon (first episode only; replaced by Pacific Rim Animation and Hong Ying)
- FernGully: The Last Rainforest (along with Wang Film Productions, Rough Draft, Hanho, A. Film, Available Light Productions and Luk-Film; among others)
- For Better or for Worse (One animated special; In-Between Animation and Opaquing)
- Friendly Compa (Saerom's second animated series made for Korean audiences. However it's stuck in Development Hell.)
- Gargoyles (2 episodes)List
- Hamdoon (Co-produced with Ajyaal Entertainment)
- Hey Arnold! (74 episodes)List
- The Incrediblehulk
- Johnny Bravo (Season 5)
- The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
- Monster Farm (starting on episode 7)
- My Gym Partners A Monkey
- NASCAR Racers (season 1)
- Ni Hao, Kai-Lan (Intro and several episodes, with Wang)
- Oh Yeah! Cartoons (depending on the short; With Rough Draft, Plus One, Tama Productions & Yeson Entertainment)
- Party Wagon (with Sunwoo Entertainment)
- Regular Show
- The Real Ghostbusters (Season 7 only; other studios that worked on the show include Wang, Koko Enterprises, TMS Entertainment, Sei Young, Dai Won, KK C&D Asia, Toei Animation, Studio Korumi, Hanho, Visual 80 and Trans Arts)*
- Sam & Max: Freelance Police (with Philippine Animation Studio Inc)
- Sanjay And Craig
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (alongside Dong Woo Animation and Lotto Animation)
- The Smurfs (Later seasons with Wang, Toei, Dai Won, Hong Ying and Fil-Cartoons, uncredited)
- Stunt Dawgs
- Super Zuri: The Galactic Quest (Saerom's First anime made for Korean audiences)
- Tak and the Power of Juju (animated adaptation)
- The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat
- Walter Melon
- What-a-Mess (1995 animated adaption)
Uncredited: (see their website for proof)
Tropes associated with Saerom:
- Animation Bump: Present in many shows (especially the deranged ones).
- Deranged Animation: Extremely evident, but Adventure Time, Flapjack, The Twisted Tales Of Felix The Cat, and Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog especially.
- Limited Animation: Visible in many of their action shows and adds to their already disturbing animation of the others.
- Medium Blending: NASCAR Racers
- Off Model: Both intentionally and unintentionally. Of course, the less said about the Battletoads pilot, the better.
- Production Posse: Cartoon Network Studios has gravitated towards them in the last decade; Saerom has worked on Johnny Bravo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Clarence.
- Thick-Line Animation: Clerks.