Western Animation: Monster Farm
was a short-lived animated series from Saban that aired one season on the now-defunct Fox Family animation block from 1998 to 1999.
The series was about a young man from the city
named Jack Haylee and the farm he inherits from his great Uncle Harloff. When he arrives, he finds a bizarre collection of farm animals. Together, this unlikely menagerie must work to help their new owner save their home from the curiosity seekers who threaten their wacky world.
Monster Farm contains examples of:
- Embarrassing Tattoo: On an episode where Count Cluckula leaves the farm, Goatasaurus Rex elects himself leader of the monster animals by threatening to blackmail everyone with humiliating secrets, one of which is that Dr. Woolly has a risque tattoo somewhere on his body that can only be seen when he's sheared)
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Zombeef.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: It was a 1990s horror comedy cartoon that aired on cable TV — it's bound to have this. The ones that stick out in my memory are: The "risque tattoo" Dr. Woolly has, Goatasaurus Rex threatening to reveal that Cowapatra had an "udder enlargement" (just replace "udder" with "breast" to get the reference), and on the episode "P.S. I Love Ewwe" where Zombeef falls for Dr. Woolly's monstrous alter ego, the male Monster Farm animals have a bachelor party for Dr. Woolly, complete with the large, novelty cake that usually has a stripper pop out of it, but, since Dr. Woolly's a nerd, the stripper turns out to be a calculator.
- Frankenstein's Monster: Frankenswine.
- Jekyll & Hyde: Dr. Woolly and Mr. Ewwe.
- Man-Eating Plant: The first episode, "Back to the Roots."
- Monster Mash
- Our Dragons Are Different: Goatasaurus Rex
- Our Vampires Are Different: Count Cluckula.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Scare-Woof.
- Punny Name: All of the monsters and some of the episode titles.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits Jack and the monsters.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: A rich man keeps threatening to take the Monster Farm from Jack and does whatever he can to get it, even if it's unethical or illegal.
- Shambling Egyptian Mummy: Cowapatra.
- Token Human: Jack.
- Transformation Ray: Dr. Woolly becomes Mr. Ewwe whenever he's splashed with water)
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Jack Haylee doesn't seem to mind the farm being filled with monster livestock one bit.