Olivia Hussey is an Argentine-British actress born on April 17, 1951. She is best known as Juliet in the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet, Jess in Black Christmas (1974), Mary the mother of Jesus in Jesus of Nazareth, and Rebecca in the 1982 version of Ivanhoe. Her daughter is the actress India Eisley.
This actress provides examples of:
- Dawson Casting: Famously averted, or at least downplayed. Olivia was actually a teenager when she played Juliet. note
- Happily Married: To David Glen Eisley.
- Modesty Bedsheet: Zig-Zagged during Romeo and Juliet: Hussey has one of these during a scene featuring her Juliet and Romeo in bed together, post-nuptuals. There was some controversy when Franco Zefferelli kept a split-second shot of her breasts exposed, despite her being under 18. There's a famous story that she was kept out of the London premiere of the film because she was still not yet 18, and there was nudity depicted in the film. The nudity was her own body.
- Rapunzel Hair: The long hair she wore as Juliet reportedly inspired a huge number of young women in the late Sixties to grow waist-length hair like hers.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Olivia suffered from agoraphobia.