Joshua Ryan "Josh" Hutcherson (born October 12, 1992) is an American actor. He began his acting career in the early 2000s, appearing in several minor film and television roles. Growing up as a child-actor, he gained exposure during the middle and latter part of Turn of the Millennium with major roles in the films Little Manhattan, Zathura, RV, Firehouse Dog and the film adaptations of The Polar Express, Bridge to Terabithia, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant. He received eight Young Artist Award nominations for Best Leading Young Actor in those five years, half of which he won. In 2011, Hutcherson landed the leading role of Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games film series, based on Suzanne Collins' novel series.
He appeared in
- Justice League
- Howl's Moving Castle
- The Polar Express
- Little Manhattan
- Bridge to Terabithia
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
- The Kids Are All Right
- The Hunger Games
- Red Dawn (2012)
- Saturday Night Live
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
- The Film of the Book: Practically most of the profiled films he starred in is this.
- Former Child Star: Mostly averted.
- Friend to All Living Things. He adopted a disabled pit bull puppy, which he named Drive. In addition, he has a turtle, two cats and two dogs.
- Mr. Fanservice: Admirably demonstrated by this graph◊
- Nice Guy: He practically becomes friends with most of his co-stars.
- Typecasting: Is usually always cast as the feminine boy in the Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy dynamic. Ironic, since Josh is actually sporty and athletic in real life.