RV is a 2006 comedy film staring Robin Williams about a dysfunctional family that goes on a vacation in a shoddy RV. The family patriarch is always busy working in his job without spending so much time with the family, which sets them apart overtime. However, one day he is punished in his job to travel somewhere else other than Hawaii to present a merger with another soda company, and he sees a chance to take two birds with one stone when he convinces his family to take a trip with an RV in tow while concealing the real reason why. Hilarity Ensues when Bob tries to juggle his job and spending time with the family.The film grossed over $80 million worldwide, but received mostly negative reviews from critics, most of which call it sweet yet blunt and predictable. It currently holds a 24% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Provides Examples Of:
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Cassie.
- Dance Party Ending: The Munro and Gornicke families are shown dancing to "Route 66" as the credits roll.
- Dysfunctional Family: The Munros.
- No Hugging, No Kissing: Earl develops a romantic interest in Cassie and Carl starts to like Moon, but nothing happens between them on-screen. A character does make a comment about Earl and Cassie "making out," but nothing is shown.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: The Munros first believe the Gornickes are stalking them, but the latter were only trying to help out.
- Product Placement: Carl is mostly seen playing with a PSP.
- Romantic False Lead: The kids from the two families seem to take a liking to each other, but nothing else seems to happen between them.
- Toilet Humor: A hell lot of poop rains down on Bob when he tries to empty the septic tank of the RV.