Creator: Kristin Chenoweth
The tiny blonde with the powerhouse voice.One of Broadway's reigning queens, "Cheno" is known among musical theater lovers as the original G(a)linda in the hit musical Wicked. Television audiences, on the other hand, know her as Olive Snook from Pushing Daisies, Annabeth Schott from The West Wing and April Rhodes on Glee.She is also known for her Cheno Notes (extremely high soprano notes sung in full head voice), for being 4 feet 11 inches, and for Les Yay-ing it up with Wicked costar Idina Menzel. Also a tiny but vocal Mama Bear to everyone in the LGBT community despite her deeply Christian upbringing, as this takedown of a writer attacking her co-stars shows.She has had a long on-again off-again relationship with writer Aaron Sorkin (they appear to currently be off-again).She was a guest judge on American Idol for the Orlando auditions. Awesome promptly ensued.
Roles of note:
- Sally in Youre A Good Man Charlie Brown (for which she won the 1999 Tony)
- Kristin in a self-titled six episode NBC sitcom that was sadly shunted to being a summer replacement series.
- Cunegonde in a televised version of the operetta Candide.
- G(a)linda in Wicked.
- Annabeth Schott in The West Wing.
- Olive in Pushing Daisies, for which she won an Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actress after the show was canceled.
- Miracle Groh in Sit Down, Shut Up
- April Rhodes on Glee.
- Fran Kublik in Promises, Promises.
- Rosetta in the Tinker Bell movies.
- Charlene Cockburn in GCB.
- Ms. Noodle on Sesame Street. Yep.
- Mary Jo Gornickle in RV
- Betty and Veronica: Some of her best known roles like in "Wicked", "Pushing Daisies", and "Glee" have her as the Veronica to the Betty of the show.
- Ill Girl: Chenowith has the chronic illness Ménière's disease, which affects the inner ear and can lead to both hearing and balance issues. In her case it's rather severe, she has said in interviews that there are times when she has needed a stage co-star to literally prop and hold her up so she didn't collapse in the middle of a performance and then be unable to get back up.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: She's played some characters, while not outright evil or even necessarily mean per se, who tend to be somewhat callous or abrasive.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Musically speaking. Opera trained as a coloratura soprano, a with perfect pitch and breath control, and three octaves. Also, less than five feet tall.