Olivia Hussey is an Argentine-British actress born on April 17, 1951. She is best known as Juliet in the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet
, Jess in Black Christmas (1974)
and Rebecca in the 1982 version of Ivanhoe
. Her daughter is the actress India Eisley
This actress provides examples of:
- Dawson Casting: Famously averted, or at least downplayed. Olivia was actually a teenager when she played Juliet. note
- Led to a funny bit of irony. When the movie was released in 1968, she wasn't allowed to attend the London premier because a nude scene in the film gave it a rating too high for the then-17 year old. The nude scene in question? Her own.
- Happily Married: To David Glen Eisley.
- Rapunzel Hair: The long hair she wore as Juliet reportedly inspired a huge number of young women in the late Sixties to grow waist-length hair like hers.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Olivia suffered from agoraphobia.