"You little turds are gonna learn you canít run from the ice cream man!"Ice Cream Man
— Gregory Tudor
is a 1995 horror film starring Clint Howard
After witnessing the local ice cream man Butch Crickle killed before his eyes in a drug-related shootout, little Gregory Tudor has to spend some time in a sanitarium. Years later he has become an ice cream man himself, only one with a streak for murder.
This film has the examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Adults write off the kids' claims against Gregory as a case of Crying Wolf, and in the end it's up to them to stop him.
- Bad Humor Truck: Gregory uses Crickle's old ice cream truck to do his work. It has the word "for" missing from "Watch out for children" from back of it.
- Bedlam House: "Happy days" at the Wishing Well Sanitarium are anything but, as its leading doctor is crazy himself.
- Bond One-Liner:
- The End... Or Is It?: The ending poses the question if Small Paul can get over his time with Gregory or will he become just like him.
- Eye Scream: Parts of eyes are one of Gregory's ingredients, and he gives an ice cream cone with some to Detective Maldwyn.
- Fairytale Motifs: The Pied Piper of Hamelin is heavily referenced throughout the film.
- Force Feeding: Gregory starts force feeding Tuna when the detectives corner him in his truck.
- Grave Marking Scene: Gregory has a tearful visit to Crickle's grave.
- Ironic Echo: When Gregory asks some questions from Det. Maldwyn about their case, he tells him that is is classified. When Maldwyn moments later asks Gregory about his ice cream, he tells him that it's classified.
- Job Title
- No Name Given:
- End credits give the name of the crazy doctor that runs the sanitarum as Crazy Doctor.
- Likewise, the doctor with the oversized syringe is known as Happy Doctor.
- Off with His Head!: Gregory holds an improptu puppet show to the kids with severed heads of the policemen that were sent to trail him in the climax.
- Product Placement: The film was sponsored by Converse Shoes, and there are lots of shots of characters wearing them.
- The Secret of Long Pork Pies: People are Gregory's secret ingredient.
- The Villain Knows Where You Live: The eponymous man uses the exact line: "You little turds are gonna have to realize you can't run from the ice cream man! I know where you live! If you tell anyone, I'll get your mom and dad!"