"Every time I make a plan, God laughs at me."
Jason Isaacs is one of the most deliciously
British actors of the present day. He was born in 1963 in Liverpool to a Jewish family, and his family were harassed by ultranationalists during his youth. He often plays despicable characters, despite being a self-described boring suburban man in private life.
- Evil Brit: Colonel Tavington in The Patriot. Also Lucius Malfoy (although almost every character in that series is British) and Captain Hook.
- Fake Nationalities
- Fake American as Dr. Quincy, Captain Steele, Admiral Zhao, Michael Caffee, and Michael Britten.
- Fake German in Good (in which he, alongside Viggo Mortensen, speaks English without a German accent.)
- Ink-Suit Actor: Admiral Zhao really does look like Jason with large sideburns.
- Large Ham: One of the largest kosher hams after William Shatner. During the filming of Chamber of Secrets, he, Alan Rickman and Kenneth Branagh had a competition over who could be the hammiest.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: He's described himself as a "cringing, neurotic Jewish mess."
- One of Us
- He has much love for Harry Potter and his character of Lucius Malfoy. Of the adult actors, he's totally the one having the most fun (even attempting to steal his pimp cane from the set after filming).
- He's also been a huge fan of Comic Books since childhood and has said he had mountains of Marvel and DC books in his room.
- Promoted Fanboy: He loves Comic books and got to play Ra's Al Ghul in Batman: Under The Red Hood.
- Throw It In: The initial concept for Lucius Malfoy was of a man with short blond hair and a pinstriped suit. Jason argued that Lucius, being a wizard supremacist, would want to look as different from a Muggle as possible. He put on a blond wig and velvet cloak and suggested a cane for grand gestures, leading to the iconic Lucius Malfoy look.