Hello to Jason Isaacs!Jason Isaacs is one of the most deliciously, delectably, devilish British actors of the present day. He was born in 1963 in Liverpool to a Jewish family, and his family were harassed by ultranationalists during his youth. He often plays despicable characters, despite being a self-described boring suburban man in private life.
- 1996 — Dragonheart as Lord Felton
- 1997 — Event Horizon as D.J.
- 1998 — Armageddon as Doctor Ronald Quincy
- 1998 — Soldier as Colonel Mekum
- 2000 — The Patriot as Colonel William Tavington
- 2001 — Black Hawk Down as Captain Mike Steele
- 2002 — Windtalkers as Major Mellitz
- 2002-11 — Harry Potter as Lucius Malfoy
- 2002 — Resident Evil (uncredited as Doctor William Birkin)
- 2003 — Peter Pan as George Darling and Captain Hook
- 2007 — Grindhouse as Bearded Man in the trailer for Don't
- 2010 — Green Zone as Major Briggs
- 2010 — Batman: Under the Red Hood as Ra's al Ghul
- 2011 — Cars 2 as Siddeley and Leland Turbo.
- 2011 — Abduction as Kevin
- 2011 — Green Lantern: Emerald Knights as Sinestro
- 2015 — Justice League: Gods And Monsters as Lex Luthor note
- 1992 — Inspector Morse as Doctor Desmond Collier
- 1993 — Highlander as Zachary Blaine
- 2004 — The West Wing as Colin Ayres
- 2005 — Avatar: The Last Airbender: Book 1 - Water as Admiral Zhao later seen in The Legend of Korra
- 2008 — Entourage as Fredrick Line
- 2006 — The State Within as Sir Mark Brydon
- 2006-08 — Brotherhood as Michael Caffee
- 2011-13 — Case Histories as Jackson Brodie
- 2012 — Awake as Det. Michael Britten
- 2014-16 — Star Wars Rebels as The Grand Inquisitor
- Evil Brit: Colonel Tavington in The Patriot. Also Lucius Malfoy (although almost every character in that series is British) and Captain Hook.
- Fake Nationalities
- Fake American as Dr. Quincy, Captain Steele, Admiral Zhao (though Zhao himself is not American, Isaacs was using an American Accent), Michael Caffee, and Michael Britten.
- Fake German in Good (in which he, alongside Viggo Mortensen, speaks English without a German accent.)
- Ink-Suit Actor: Admiral Zhao really does look like Jason with large sideburns.
- Large Ham: One of the largest kosher hams after William Shatner. During the filming of Chamber of Secrets, he, Alan Rickman and Kenneth Branagh had a competition over who could be the hammiest.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: He's described himself as a "cringing, neurotic Jewish mess."
- One of Us
- He has much love for Harry Potter and his character of Lucius Malfoy. Of the adult actors, he's totally the one having the most fun (even attempting to steal his pimp cane from the set after filming).
- He's also been a huge fan of Comic Books since childhood and has said he had mountains of Marvel and DC books in his room.
- Promoted Fanboy: He loves Comic books and got to play Ra's Al Ghul in Batman: Under The Red Hood.
- Throw It In: The initial concept for Lucius Malfoy was of a man with short blond hair and a pinstriped suit. Jason argued that Lucius, being a wizard supremacist, would want to look as different from a Muggle as possible. He put on a blond wig and velvet cloak and suggested a cane for grand gestures, leading to the iconic Lucius Malfoy look.